Sponsored

GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
I think if i take the time with some aluminum bar stock i could make something that would fit the bill, ill try my hand at it and if successful, id have no problem making additional sets...ill get to work
Great if you do let me know and I'll definitely be looking to purchase. I'm ordering long tunes next week

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
The only concern I have is If I try the intake I am wondering how good would be my mt82 power shifting at 7800-8000 rpm . She shift like butter at 7000 but 8000:shrug:

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I ordered the intake and throttle body 3 days ago and it should be in my hands sometime at the end of the week.

Although I'm on 91 Cali. craptane, I do have Kooks catted headers going into a Borla S-Type exhaust.

I'm sure people on here will have this combo installed before me since I'm planning to get my car (re-) aligned after Roush coilovers and some BMR suspension bits were installed.

Hats off to Sandeale...youre the man, sir.

Last edited:

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The CJ intake is more expensive and it gave less hp than this. Hoow is it the better option?
The only concern I have is If I try the intake I am wondering how good would be my mt82 power shifting at 7800-8000 rpm . She shift like butter at 7000 but 8000:shrug:

That was the issue many people had in the 2011-14 cars. Aftermarket clutch seemed to work well. Most went with a dual disk clutch. Nothing like having all that rpm to play with and not being able to use it. So if the 2015+ GT are the same way that adds to the cost of the intake swap.

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
...oh and I forgot to add...

I have the Airaid intake. I think all I'll need is the appropriate coupler to connect it to the TB (a la Sandeale and the JLT he's using). I'll verify once I get all the parts in my hands.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
That was the issue many people had in the 2011-14 cars. Aftermarket clutch seemed to work well. Most went with a dual disk clutch. Nothing like having all that rpm to play with and not being able to use it. So if the 2015+ GT are the same way that adds to the cost of the intake swap.
Steph already has an upgraded clutch

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
The low tq numbers are due to the dyno operator using 4th instead of 5th, hes has since offered a free redo to get the actual tq and hp of the car...sorry for the confusion

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Also in tegards to power shifting at the elevated rev range, so far i have no issue, i do plan on upgrading to a dual disc setup before too long, and for those wondering about fitting x tb on x manifold the bolt spacing is entirely different, it was my hope as well....i am still working with a shop to develop an adapter to use the coyote style tb on the gt350 intake

Regarding cold airs, as long as your cai is not smaller than the tb opening all you should need is a straight 4inch coupler to replace your current stepdown coupler, there's really no benefit to running a gt350 specific cai, although i do plan to test this theory....

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Were the original numbers done in 4th also?

Sponsored
OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Yes they were, the gains will remain consistent just the final numbers will be higher...pretty much just give a more accurate representation of the numbers produced

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I wondering if the BBK 90mm TB would fit on the GT350 intake?

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
so much more want... with every post.

how are the revisions coming along? Lund is usually really fast when it comes to revising

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Seems like a decent mod, but I personally think the Edelbrock intake coming soon is a better bang for buck since it's $1000 on the dot and re-uses the factory fuel rails and throttle body. It also fits under the factory strut tower brace like the GT350 IM, so it's 100% plug, tune, and play unlike this manifold, the Boss, and the CJ (which all require other parts or modifications).

Can't wait to see the GT350 IM versus Edelbrock's IM in a few months.
Sponsored