GT350 Engine Replacement Only Thread

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This thread is only to report Engine Replacement under Ford Warranty for 2015 through current year GT350s (to include 2019) if in fact they end up having engine replacement issues after delivery. Please no speculation or comments entered here.

Please provide information at this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TIZ1e6UQ89Bq_EzfoZUQagCPCb8/edit?usp=drivesdk

I will provide an easy to read chart based on this information. This will not be intended to present the percentage of GT350s sold that have had engines replaced. As many of you already understand that information is not available.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BramptonGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Hi guys, I just purchased a 2017 GT350 from the dealer. Turned out after a month of driving I had put in 8 quarts of 5W50 Ford oil in it. Took it to the dealer for a consumption test and the picture attached will explain everything that happened to get a new motor installed in the vehicle. To be noted, Ford will try to get you a short block. You have to find the right dealer and tech to fight Ford to get you the long block assembly which means you will get a new full assembly engine. What also is included is a replacement of all one-time-use parts such as bolts and belts plus the water pump. The intake etc is salvaged and re-used.
I personally did not go back to the dealer who sold it to me because when I stated the oil consumption problem, they said that read the manual, it is supposed to consume oil. I knew it was consuming over what is advertised, so I went to a dealer that knew better. I built a relationship with the tech who was going to work on my engine and also with the staff. They fought for me and got the whole thing replaced. You can see the effort put in by just the notes from the tech, he knew I got a bad car. Basically, when the VIN does not match the engine serial number, the value of the car plummets at the dealer so they cannot sell for a higher amount. On the flip side, the private market people know the value of a fresh 'R' engine so the value actually goes up. So I can see why the dealer I bought it from said I should be happy I got a new engine when I let them know about it instead of getting it fixed while it was in their hands even though it was all done under warranty.

In total, the whole service cost 45K CAD, the engine itself it 32K CAD as priced out at the dealer out of which I said put in a new clutch and slave cylinder ($1600 from my pocket) since I did not know how the previous owner drove it. If he was careful the engine would have already been replaced. thankfully it was all under warranty. The engine I got had a GT350R motor as it is denoted with a serial number starting with 'K' and was labelled GT350R.
Also to be noted, this engine is rated for boost, as its using a GT500 block that uses a supercharger. I will not be boosting mine but I am excited to delete the
F0CCD78D-E66A-4FAD-B289-7E15ED708ED1_1_105_c.jpeg
cats and resonator. Pipes have been ordered and its going to be a fun summer.

I live in Toronto, Canada, if you have questions here I can guide you to the dealer to get you help if you are experiencing problems with your GT350.
Sponsored