enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Ahh ok. Gotcha. I thought the only hood damage was just the little chip so it sounds like it's a lot more than just that then. That sucks man. It's so crazy how a tap of a car could result in so much money in damages.
There's a small bulge in a crease that doesn't look like it can be fixed. I'm so f**king livid.
Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
There's a small bulge in a crease that doesn't look like it can be fixed. I'm so f**king livid.
I don't blame you at all man. I would be too. I hate going through these types of situations and then having to leave the car with the auto shop, hoping they don't do anything stupid or take it out for lunch and stuff... paying out of pocket, etc. Very frustrating situation.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Ahh ok. Gotcha. I thought the only hood damage was just the little chip so it sounds like it's a lot more than just that then. That sucks man. It's so crazy how a tap of a car could result in so much money in damages.
car are designed to crumble. The craziest part is the head lights. On my 12GT with HID head lamps the lights were also 1300.....

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
About 2 months ago idiot rear ended me at a red light. Fool brushed it off as if it were no big deal told me it wasn't that bad. Called the cops, reported to my insurance, he was obviously found at fault and it cost him 3k + lol..... Rear valance was replaced and I sold the old one for 500 and the rear bumper was repainted and two plastic brackets replaced.

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
It sucks this happened. Until the car can be restored, maybe try this on the urethane to get the bulge out?

[ame]

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Yeah the front bumper, headlight, and hood are all damaged. The headlight broke a bracket, btw a new headlight is $1,300. To replace the stripes on the hood and bumper are about $1,600 and a new hood minus pain is $2,200.
I actually thought it would be more. My GT was rearended last year. The drivers side taillight assembly had to be replaced because of a small crack in the black plastic surround (light still worked perfectly fine and it was barely noticeable). If I remember correctly, the taillight alone was $900.

All in all, the damage appeared very minor. 99% of people probably wouldn't even notice anything was out of the ordinary unless I pointed it out. The total repair (not including rental and my DV settlement) ended up being just over $10,000! It's crazy how much these bits of plastic and metal cost.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I'm with ya man! Honestly I would have been mad if someone came in to say they hit my car but at least they would have owned up to it but instead some dick head just decided to drive off. It's hard to explain but this car is the closest thing my girlfriend and I have to a child (I'm 23) We love the car and we both felt like throwing up when we saw what happened. It could have been a lot worse, thankfully no one got hurt, but damn am I pissed about it
A few years ago a man backed into my 2011 GT in a parking lot. Came into the restaurant asking everyone who owned the car. He was nice enough to take full responsibility and pay for everything. Was nearly 4k. I was lucky, sorry you had an a-hole hit you.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a couple of Street Guardians as front & rear dash cams. 1080p, good night vision, and heat tolerance. Each plugs into a switch, which plugs into a cigarette lighter. I usually turn them off when I park so they don't overheat when its hot outside and the sun is high but otherwise I can leave them on and the car turns them off after about 1.5 hours.

I mainly got mine to record while driving, not parking. They do have a parking / motion detect option that I still need to experiment with.

Street Guardian isn't ideal on the rear window. The way it mounts seems like it could dislodge in an accident so I may need to find a replacement.

I am currently looking at the Thinkware F770, which advertises:

"Built in Parking Surveillance Mode (Hardwiring Kit Included), with hardwiring installation the F770 employs a combination of motion and impact detection to protect the vehicle from hit-and-runs. + 1 Year Warranty"
Sponsored