My 350 got hit in a parking lot today

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Well..... I was wanting to write a post about it reaching 10,000 miles (now 11,100 miles) but instead I'll make this one. So the girlfriend and I went to Little Rock to visit her mother and uncles and we park in the very back of the Outback Steakhouse in a corner spot. I always park out back and away from everyone. I come out and someone is parked right next to the car. I say "All this parking lot space and they park next to me." Turns out the owner of the car wanted to park there to make sure no one dinged my car. Love people that do that. So I go to the passenger side to grab something for the center console and my girlfriend says, "Garrett someone hit your car." I walk to the front and sure enough someone had backed into it and drive off like a damn coward! We all crowd around it observing the damage and I go inside to get the manage to see if they can get surveillance footage of it. Just my luck the cameras were not facing in that direction. As I'm inside my girlfriend calls the cops to get an officer over to the parking lot. Apparently, because it is private property there's nothing they can do. Even if there was footage they could not go after the person due to it being private property. I say to him, mind you the cop was really nice and cool, "So I can throw a wrapper on the ground and get a ticket but if I run into a car I won't get fined?" What sense does that make? Anyway, we went shooting after to blow off some steam. Honestly, if the person would have come in to say hey this is what happened I would have been mad but the person didn't even have the balls to tell me what happened and that just pisses me off. Now I have to make a claim and leave it parked in the garage until it's all sorted out. Needles to say I'm beyond pissed off but at least I'll get a new bumper out of it. Here's some pics.
IMG_5482.jpg
IMG_5483.jpg
IMG_5484.jpg
Sponsored

Fox-4

Just Lurking!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
'02 Mustang GT, '16 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey man, that really sucks. At least if you have comprehensive coverage you can get it covered without raising your rates. I've had my Ecoboost hit in the front too at my brother's work. The asshole's insurance never responded so mine had to go after them. On a karma note, the driver offered to pay six months later after the fact. Lol stupid fuck.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
It really sucks. I love this car and have worked my ass off to get it and some jackass decides to hit it and ditch. Insurance should take care of it but I hate going to the garage and looking at it.

Sponsored

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That truly sucks, I feel horrible for you. Luckily though, I doubt there is any damage aside from the bumper cover and associated plastic parts, and the little nick on the hood. Just remember, everything can be fixed! Heck, use it as an opportunity to get an R front lip. :D

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
That truly sucks, I feel horrible for you. Luckily though, I doubt there is any damage aside from the bumper cover and associated plastic parts, and the little nick on the hood. Just remember, everything can be fixed! Heck, use it as an opportunity to get an R front lip. :D
I'm thinking Carbon2carbon for the spliter and fangs lol

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
This happened to my wife's Bentley. My insurance had to pay the $74,000 repair.

Yes $74,000…..$9,000 fender, $15,000 hood etc. it adds up fast.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
That really sucks. Worst part is that it was probably hit by an old beater. Around here it's like people purposely park way out next to you and slam their doors into your nice car just out of spite being jealous. They don't care one bit about what someone else worked hard for and it's your fault they don't have it! The vette we traded in on the GS had both mirrors damn near taken off on separate occasions way out in the parking lot by beater cars...

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Damn man sorry to see this.

I hope whoever did this got a blowout and rolled their shit on the way home.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Damn man sorry to see this.

I hope whoever did this got a blowout and rolled their shit on the way home.
I laughed so hard at this hahahaha!!!

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
The cop had to be wrong about being able to press charges. Basically any vandalism of private property wouldn't be within their purview under that interpretation.

Last edited:

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
That's awful. Sorry to hear this.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am so sorry. I don't take mine anywhere if I have to park it. I know how that sounds, but this story and the fact that people are hateful makes it such that I don't even leave it to chance.
Sponsored