Sponsored

My 350 got hit in a parking lot today

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Happened me a year ago with my 4Runner in a Walmart parking lot. I go inside for 5 minutes. When I come out I walk around back from the passenger side and around and up the drivers side open the door and get in. A lady walks up to me and says " a woman hit the front of your truck, here's the plate and vehicle info that I wrote down ". Apparently a woman in a hurry driving a Ford F150 tried to squeeze her truck past the front of mine but clipped the front bumper on the drivers side. I couldn't see it from the angle that I had approached the vehicle.

Another woman watched her get out, look at my truck, and then take off. Thankfully the other woman wrote down the plate and truck info and waited around for me. I called the police, gave them the plate info. They went around to the truck drivers house, got her insurance info for me, cautioned her about running away on private property ( but they couldn't charge her ), and they then came back over to my house and gave me her insurance info, name and address etc.. Her insurance paid to fix everything.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Very sorry to see this. My '15 GT is going to the body shop this week for the same thing. It happened at my work parking lot, in the back row, far away from people. I was parked respectfully within the lines and away from major traffic areas. No note left...

Good luck with the repairs.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That really sucks. People do suck, but yet most people tell me people don't suck. :doh:

I'm glad it was not worse. It feel likes it happened to me.

I was under the impression that police can do something if owner of private property okay's it. So, now I can park in handicap spot?

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Damn that sucks , This happened to my 2 week old GT last week. Luckily someone got the plate of the guy who hit me , and the cops went and got his insurance info .

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Damn, this is like the third car in the last week that I've read about being damaged in the parking lot. Really sucks man. Would definitely invest in a dash cam if you haven't already.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
That really sucks. I got contact rage just reading this reading your post.

My GF and I witnessed a parking lot hit and run and got the plate number for the owner. I don't know what he was able to do but we volunteered to be witnesses and never heard another word about it.

A coworker at the office is still going round and round on a road damage claim that has devolved into counter suits over he said she said and what damage occured when. The whole thing sounds like a mess.

That uninsured motorist claim sounds like a plan, and a motion sensitive dash cam might at least keep someone honest. I've got a PapaGo2 up front and BlackBox cam in back and they are obvious to anyone looking in the car that they are on camera.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Insurance varies from state to state but in Texas you would be able to file this under the "Uninsured Motorist" portion of your policy (if you have that coverage). Hit and Run accident's are considered Uninsured Motorist claims in most states. The deductible (in Texas) for a UM claim would be $250 and is the same for everyone. If you have UM coverage make sure your company is not filing the claim under the "collision" portion of your policy.
BTW, I'm an agent in Texas. Good Luck!
Lol I just started working at a insurance agency in my hometown and I completely understood what you were talking about. I had the same thought as well.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The good thing is it's an easy color to match.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
The lack of conscience in so many people is so blatantly displayed in parking lots it's really just sad. You can't trust anyone to do the right thing.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
So sorry to see this. Some people are such dic*s! Karma is a bit*h and they will get what is coming to them.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The lack of conscience in so many people is so blatantly displayed in parking lots it's really just sad. You can't trust anyone to do the right thing.
An old lady once hit my mustang while police were present in the parking lot. The police witnessed it and told her she was in the wrong. She took me to court and made comments about how mustangs and fast cars should not be on the road. She tried to challenge the ticket and wasted 8 hours of my life. She told the judge my mustang (and me) was at fault for being fast and that she is a Christian and would not lie.:frusty:

Some people will justify anything for self.

:cheers:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
An old lady once hit my mustang while police were present in the parking lot. The police witnessed it and told her she was in the wrong. She took me to court and made comments about how mustangs and fast cars should not be on the road. She tried to challenge the ticket and wasted 8 hours of my life. She told the judge my mustang (and me) was at fault for being fast and that she is a Christian and would not lie.:frusty:

Some people will justify anything for self.

:cheers:
People dont like to take responsibility. I would say anymore but im sure its always been like that.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Even on my older Sierra beater truck, while it's nice, I maintain full coverage on it for reasons like this. It seems like people will literally total your car/truck in a heart beat and not hesitate to drive away if they can. If you're not fortunate enough to have insurance to pay for it, you're screwed. Sorry to hear OP. I certainly hope you make lemonade out of this lemon.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
I think a lot of car enthusiasts have been at this point and know how you feel.. Truly annoying how someone can mess up your awesome possession and ruin it without any guilt on their end.

-Josh
Sponsored