Gen 3 tick

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Did you replace anything that changes the noise?
Didn’t replace a thing and still sounds the same. I’d make another video but you can’t hear anything over the supercharger whine. If you are that worried take it to a dealer and have them check it out, but I bet you would be wasting your money.
Sponsored

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yours sounds like this too?
I have a video on my profile about it. You can listen to what mine sounds like. It’s super annoying.

Sponsored

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Is the tick present on all 18+ Coyotes engines?
100% of the ones I've driven have various noises. At light throttle around 2k RPM you can make the DI injectors tick. Others have a type writer. At the end of the day it's just a noisy engine and some are louder than others.

I honestly wish we could just squash all of the new threads that start with "I started my engine and it made some noises doing some things.." At this point there are countless threads all saying the same thing.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Mine started to make the BBQ tick after the first oil change (done by Ford as I bought the service plan with the car). To make mine go away, I used Cera tec liquid moly. For me it worked...but it won't be the fix for everyone. As for the why...that's a hugely debated topic! All I know is that the car didn't make that sound until after the first oil change...so obviously the type of oil brings out the noise.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Mine started to make the BBQ tick after the first oil change (done by Ford as I bought the service plan with the car). To make mine go away, I used Cera tec liquid moly. For me it worked...but it won't be the fix for everyone. As for the why...that's a hugely debated topic! All I know is that the car didn't make that sound until after the first oil change...so obviously the type of oil brings out the noise.
My engine is so much noisier after using Pennzoil on my last oil change. I'll be going back to Mobile One after this.

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Also does it affect anything as far as drive ability?
The car drives perfectly fine! From the research I’ve done, it’s some sort of injection pump that’s just loud and noisy as it’s turned on and working.

Sponsored

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That ceratec stuff looks like some BBQ dipping sauce you’re pouring into your engine 😅 interesting color.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I was a bit worried...but so many have done it, figured I'd give it a shot. The ticking went away immediately for my 21GT

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
I did a bottle of Certec at ~9k miles. It reduced the noise but it’s still there when it’s cold out. Just drive it till the motor falls out.

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB
The Ecoboosts have this in the f150s. The injectors are di so they make a lot of noise. This is me recording intake noise.

Dikdawg5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt mt82
This is my 2018 mustang gt, after a oil change I noticed this nasty tick. I was confused and did a little research and a lot of people recommended ceratec. I used it and I feel like it didn’t do anything. And then I started hearing this really fast tick. If anyone has had similar issue and resolved it please help me.
Injectors firing. Normal
Sponsored