Gen 3 tick

Moeal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
This is my 2018 mustang gt, after a oil change I noticed this nasty tick. I was confused and did a little research and a lot of people recommended ceratec. I used it and I feel like it didn’t do anything. And then I started hearing this really fast tick. If anyone has had similar issue and resolved it please help me.
Sponsored

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Been around for a while, no one knows how to properly fix it. Mine is super annoying too. Just turn the music up louder 👍🏼

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
That's what it's supposed to sound like.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Moeal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It’s the DI injector’s.. mine sounds the same. I can post a vid if you want but you are good!
Send me the video of when the injectors were bad, because if it’s actually engine problems I’m never buying a mustang again 😂

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
This is my 2018 mustang gt, after a oil change I noticed this nasty tick. I was confused and did a little research and a lot of people recommended ceratec. I used it and I feel like it didn’t do anything. And then I started hearing this really fast tick. If anyone has had similar issue and resolved it please help me.
Are you sure you aren’t hearing your Evap solenoid ticking? I replaced mine recently due to a check engine light, it fixed the CEL, but the new one ticks much of the time and sounds exactly like that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Moeal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Are you sure you aren’t hearing your Evap solenoid ticking? I replaced mine recently due to a check engine light, it fixed the CEL, but the new one ticks much of the time and sounds exactly like that.
It might be, the fast ticking was when I turned on the ac

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
It might be, the fast ticking was when I turned on the ac
I bet that’s what it is. It’s a tick more like the sound of a solenoid, and not an internal tick like a lifter. Also the frequency seems too fast to be internal.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Send me the video of when the injectors were bad, because if it’s actually engine problems I’m never buying a mustang again 😂
The injectors aren’t bad just sound like a typewriter like every other 18+ coyote . Took me awhile to get use to also. See the vid below when I had my Roush SCer and about half way through you can hear the same sound as yours. Been boosted since 500 miles and now pushing over 900+ with an ESS and same sound as you.

OP
OP

Moeal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mohammed
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The injectors aren’t bad just sound like a typewriter like every other 18+ coyote . Took me awhile to get use to also. See the vid below when I had my Roush SCer and about half way through you can hear the same sound as yours. Been boosted since 500 miles and now pushing over 900+ with an ESS and same sound as you.
Did you replace anything that changes the noise?
Sponsored