Sponsored

Gen 3 aluminator swap into gen 2 mustang

dodger789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt performance, whipple, stage 2 throttle body, rxt clutch, cf driveshaft, steeda subframe kit, 840 hp axles, X force w/ corsa long tubes and mickeys
Has anyone done this swap with gen 2 heads on the gen 3 aluminator. The engine is complete but want to know if pullys and AC pump and altinater from my old motor are going to bolt up no problem. The harmonic balancer is bigger on the new gen 3 block, should I swap it with the old with no problems. WHO HAS DONE THIS PLEASE HELP. I also have the gen 2 whipple super charger pully bracket to deal with.
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
The aluminator is the same as the gen3 shortblock just with upgraded internals.

Read this:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gen3-shortblock-with-gen2-heads-whats-needed.179300/

You need to use gen 2 timing components.

Are you running the gen2 or gen3 oil pump gears, oil pan, and pickup tube?
Match all of those to either gen2 or gen3, you can't mix them.
If you switch to gen3 oiling stuff then you will need to get the 2018+ dipstick and dipstick tube for accurate oil level readings.

You may need to grind down the extra knock sensor slots for the Whipple to fit.

If the balancer diameter is different then I would use your old one so the Whipple setup isn't changed and pulleys won't be messed with. The old harmonic balancer will work.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

OP
OP

dodger789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt performance, whipple, stage 2 throttle body, rxt clutch, cf driveshaft, steeda subframe kit, 840 hp axles, X force w/ corsa long tubes and mickeys
Its the weekend so I cant call the people who did the build on the engine. is it possible for you to call me on specifics? It would be greatly appreciated 714-955-8327
Sponsored