FYI Battery replacement

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Here I was thinking my prior Optima Red Top in my 94 Cobra had a short life when it finally crapped out after 15 years.... LMAO!
I put a red top in my 2002 F150 in 05 and it was still in it when I traded in 2012.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I haven't been able to find the battery type FORscan info in any of the Mustang spreadsheets. Closest I got was a broken link to a spreadsheet for Explorers. It would be interesting to compare the battery type in my as-built to the actual battery that was in there before.

I haven't changed my battery type (until your post I had not heard that it was an option). I have been running the larger AGM for quite a while and haven't had any issues, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better.

I'm also intrigued about the 96R AGM you found... Before they generally weren't available. Have you found a manufacturer that is making them now?
I jus

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I just bought a Duralast Platinum EFB 96R 600cca battery for my 19 GT Premium. I then did the BCM RESET and now, I lock my mustang when parked, even when in my garage. Good luck

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Another twist, have a CTEK muti US 7002. It has a unique feature, beyond the standard battery tending.

It is called SUPPLY, this mode when selected. The charger operates at a constant voltage of 13.6.

1 Using it to change a battery without losing settings or having to reset the BCM.
2 Find the Auxiliary Power port, for us, old school guys it's the cigarette lighter.
3 With the plug in the socket, connect the charger, set mode to SUPPLY
4 change the battery

Changing, the car settings.
As far as I know (may be wrong) there is not the old accessory setting for the ignition.

It is full-on or off, and with all the electronics, the car is power-hungry. At one time one could turn on the radio. Work or wax car windows down, not on these.

Using the SUPPLY mode allows the owner, plenty of time. To mess and play around with the settings and options.

FYI for the interested....
Plugs
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.08.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.07.37 PM.png

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I use supply mode on mine when messing around with the audio system.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I use supply mode on mine when messing around with the audio system.

Yes, it is amazing how much power the car consumes. Here is how I was made aware of that. Was waiting for a friend to show up, and board. Powered on the car, listen to the radio, he shows up, off it goes.

A few hours later get in power it, shove the clutch in, and hit the starter it bulks.
Thinking damn that's not good, try it again it fires. SO 2 + 2 = low battery, and how did it happen, sitting there listening to the radio.

This may seem trivial, and ready for the post coming. About how bad the factory batteries are. After the above experience, it comes to mind that this may or may not be the case.

We, I have been one to sit in a car and listen to the radio to kill time. However, these cars have the assessory position on the ignition switch . When the position has been selected, generally only the radio functions.

With the Mustang, this is so not true, one choice full power on/off. And is provable by the fact that the car sitting idle goes to sleep to save power.

Seeing some of the Mustangs decked out like a Christmas tree. I will guess the storage capacity of the battery has been substantially increased. Maybe even to the point of an auxiliary battery/batteries.

Aw yes new and improved, what an oxymoron.....LMAO :champagne:

The take away you have the Mustang in this scenario. Drive it as a hobby/fun car you need a charger, DD not som much.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Powered on the car, listen to the radio, he shows up, off it goes.
You can turn on the radio and listen without pushing the Start button.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
390 CCA seems low for this car. Thanks for sharing!.
CCA only matters if you’re starting in 0°F air temperatures. These cars will start at 32° with a 250 CCA rated battery fine.

Only advantage of a larger battery is reserve Amps. Engine off power consumption draw time. Nothing else.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The accessory mode still drains the battery pretty fast. But even then, you push the start button without your foot on the brake or clutch.

You can turn on the radio and listen without pushing the Start button.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I'm just saying you can turn on the radio without pushing the start button. Just push the Audio On button. Doesn't fire up as much of the electronics. It times out after about 10 or 20 minutes.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I'm just saying you can turn on the radio without pushing the start button. Just push the Audio On button. Doesn't fire up as much of the electronics. It times out after about 10 or 20 minutes.
So it does. I did not know this.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Just tried this on my Shelby, I never knew this, thank you.
Sponsored