Sponsored

FORScan Codes - S550 Mustangs

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm guessing you missed this whole thread where this is already taking place?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96464 Might want to get with [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] if you have anything he doesnt have already.
The sole purpose of that thread and associated website is gathering complete factory as-built files for cars with various options and trim levels.

You might use it to compare two vehicles with one option differing between them to see where that option affects the as-built. You might use it if you're swapping in OEM equipment your car didn't come with. You might use it if you're repairing your car ten years from now and Ford no longer has the as-built website running.

It is not for cataloging as-built modifications which is what this very useful thread is for.

Thanks for all the work, [MENTION=30267]EastTNMustang[/MENTION] !
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
...but if the 2^1 bit is the controlling bit and the feature is enabled the value will be 2,3,6,7,A,B,E, or F

0,1,4,5,8,9,C, or D mean the feature is already disabled.
[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION] normally I would agree with you, but in this case because of how Ford did it, subtracting two always works when you want to turn fake engine sound off - assuming it's enabled in the first place! If you have a GT or V6, it's disabled from the factory. Only GT350 and EB models have it.

I would take a look at F150 Spreadsheet here which has a deep-dive in the ACM tab on what the sixth digit of 727-01-01 controls, specifically:

0=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC absent & USB absent
1=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC absent & USB present
2=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC present & USB absent
3=FT absent & CS : North American & ANC present & USB present
4=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC absent & USB absent
5=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC absent & USB present
6=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC present & USB absent
7=FT absent & CS : CIMCA & ANC present & USB present
8=FT present & CS: North American & ANC absent & USB absent
9=FT present & CS: North American & ANC absent & USB present
A=FT present & CS: North American & ANC present & USB absent
B=FT present & CS: North American & ANC present & USB present
C=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC absent & USB absent
D=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC absent & USB present
E=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC present & USB absent
F=FT present & CS: CIMCA & ANC absent & USB present
I believe ANC absent or present is your switch here for the engine sound enhancement.

So say you have A:
FT present & CS: North American & ANC present & USB absent

You want to change that to this:
FT present & CS: North American & ANC absent & USB absent

Which per the F150 spreadsheet correlates to 8. So far, so good, A - 2 = 8 (in hex.)

Say you have 2:
FT absent & CS : North American & ANC present & USB absent

You want to change that to this:
FT absent & CS : North American & ANC absent & USB absent

That's 0. Still good as 2 - 2 = 0.

Mine is 8, and I would have subtracted 2 if I didn’t know about hex and binary, that’s why I said the instructions are wrong.
You have a GT, therefore your fake engine sound is disabled from the factory.

GT350 and EcoBoost models get the fake engine sound.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION] normally I would agree with you, but in this case because of how Ford did it, subtracting two always works when you want to turn fake engine sound off - assuming it's enabled in the first place! If you have a GT or V6, it's disabled from the factory. Only GT350 and EB models have it.

You have a GT, therefore your fake engine sound is disabled from the factory.

GT350 and EcoBoost models get the fake engine sound.
It's all good... you did agree with me. The other factor is owners knowing if sound enhancement is enabled in the first place. Knowing the intricacies of bit switching helps that a little.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Now everything is in order! Thank you both folks!

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It's all good... you did agree with me. The other factor is owners knowing if sound enhancement is enabled in the first place. Knowing the intricacies of bit switching helps that a little.
Yes, they do need to know that it's a EB/GT350 only mod.

I disagree that knowing the underlying bit switching matters for the average person just wanting to apply some known mods to their car. It matters for guys like us that are finding this stuff because it can help us flesh out the known values, but beyond that it's not worth muddling the final documentation IMO.

I bet 95% of people using FORScan to change things have no idea what the difference is between binary and hex. You're only going to turn people off if they have to know.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Backup Camera Soft Touch - doesn't work on my 2016 GT PP Premium - 401A
*now I forgot what the original number was before I changed it, maybe someone can tell me what it was suppose to be **

Spreadsheet (page 1) updated to include the following:

Fog Lights & Parking Lights to come on as DRLs automatically
Average Speed Indicator on Instrument Cluster
As Built Data link at top of page, 2015-2017 Tab
Backup Camera soft button on Sync 3 screen - added to unconfirmed tab (let me know if anyone can verify this works)
Navigation Programming - Sync 3:APIM change to correct Navigation display errors on your screen...car icon moving backwards, opposite heading/direction shown, etc. - added to unconfirmed tab (let me know if anyone can verify this works)

I've caught up on the 154 pages in the DIY thread listed below:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

I'm now starting on the GT350 threads along with some 2018 threads. Please keep the info coming.

Thanks,

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Backup Camera Soft Touch - doesn't work on my 2016 GT PP Premium - 401A
*now I forgot what the original number was before I changed it, maybe someone can tell me what it was suppose to be **
A couple of ways to see your original data:

1. Look at your backup module data
2. Download your As-Built data using the link on the spreadsheet.

Let us know how it goes.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Mine is 8, and I would have subtracted 2 if I didn’t know about hex and binary, that’s why I said the instructions are wrong.
You have a GT, that’s why you have an 8. The ANC is already disabled on GTs. The ANC is only enabled on the EcoBoost and the GT350 by default. In these case cases, post #38 in combination with post #78 provide the information needed in order to disable it.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=30267]EastTNMustang[/MENTION] let me suggest a correction to your spreadsheet. The code change on line 20 doesn’t disable the fake engine sound, but the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). To deactivate it you don’t simply have to change the 6th digit to 0, instead follow the instructions on post #38, in this thread. Although there was an argument about the math behind it, this is way to do it. In addition, post #78 gives an in-depth explanation about what the 6th digit in this block controls

Also, it is important to put in the comments that this is only relevant for the EcoBoost and the GT350, where the ANC is activated by default. As [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] said above, on the GTs the ANC is already deactivated.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Spreadsheet (page 1) is updated with the following:

Updated Fake Noise/ANC Disable description and instructions
Made Ecoboost and GT350 in bold for Fake Noise/ANC - All other Mustangs already come from factory with ANC Disabled

1 person has tested the Camera Soft Button on Sync 3 screen (on Unconfirmed Tab) - awaiting one more person to test and see if it works for them.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions/recommendations.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I have a Sync 3. I tried the camera soft button code but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe if someone else can also test it and let us know?