Sponsored

Wishlist for S550 Mustangs

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Wish people would stop complaining about such trivial and inconsequential items and realize that Ford, or any manufacturer, is not going to cater to everyone's individual wants and needs :D
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Wish people would stop complaining about such trivial and inconsequential items and realize that Ford, or any manufacturer, is not going to cater to everyone's individual wants and needs :D
Offering a premium trim on the V6 isn't trivial. In fact, since it's the 50th you would think they'd for one last year offer that V6 with all the bells and whistles before sending it off into the sunset. Instead it goes with a whimper which pissed off a lot of V6 enthusiasts.

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
Offering a premium trim on the V6 isn't trivial. In fact, since it's the 50th you would think they'd for one last year offer that V6 with all the bells and whistles before sending it off into the sunset. Instead it goes with a whimper which pissed off a lot of V6 enthusiasts.
I will agree with you on the fact that a premium trim option for the V6 may not be trivial. However, I will add that the V6 is meant to be the "budget friendly, affordable" mustang. A fully optioned out V6 with premium trim would put it at a price point well into ecoboost territory. Unfortunately, nostalgia is not a good enough reason to have such an option.

As an aside, are you suggesting the V6 will be discontinued? Was this mentioned somewhere and I missed it or am I misunderstanding your "sending it off into the sunset" statement?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I will agree with you on the fact that a premium trim option for the V6 may not be trivial. However, I will add that the V6 is meant to be the "budget friendly, affordable" mustang. A fully optioned out V6 with premium trim would put it at a price point well into ecoboost territory. Unfortunately, nostalgia is not a good enough reason to have such an option.

As an aside, are you suggesting the V6 will be discontinued? Was this mentioned somewhere and I missed it or am I misunderstanding your "sending it off into the sunset" statement?
It wasn't even going to be offered and was at the last minute re-included in the line-up so it'd says are numbered...maybe not even offered next year. There are a few quotes/video posts about it if you read over the last year.

As for it being budget friendly, affordable...isn't that what the 'base-trim' is on any model care (im not talking base engine, i'm talking trim)?

There's a base EB, there's a base GT. Both of those engines are offered in base so you can get those engines in an 'affordable' price without paying for premium features.

The whole 'budget friendly' makes no sense for the V6. The difference between a base V6 and Base EB is nothing. If it was 3-4k, then yah that would make sense, but it's not.

Also I'm going to counter with this. If Ford put the V6 as the 'budget' friendly price strapped customer, then why the heck isn't the eco-boost going to be that model? A price conscious person is going to want the best gas mileage and low price car. The base ecoboost should be then the 'budget conscious' entry model car and then the V6 the next model up.

Let the buyer decide if they want premium features.

I mean we've seen plenty of posts on here with individuals saying they went with X base (whether its GT, EB) because they didn't need all the bells and whistles. That's what the 'base' is for.

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Perhaps V6 was just for me, wouldn't gotten a 15 without out it being offered.

Sponsored

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Factory XM radio

Factory Nav/Touchscreen radio

Smoother shifting gearbox (mine is a lil notchy)

ADV.1 5.0 wheels in bronze

Custom rally stripe vinyl

FRPP Sport Catback Exhaust w/black tips

3Dcarbon Boy Racer rear spoiler

And when my warranty runs out, a nice suoercharger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9ball1104

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT 5-speed
Heads-up display w/ digital speedometer and turn-by-turn NAV.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
After clicking through all the toggle modes for steering/driving/traction etc....I would like to be able to click it up into a fixed position like the hazard light is able to do.

Just another visible cue that shit is about to get real.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Heads-up display w/ digital speedometer and turn-by-turn NAV.
I'd have loved to have a heads up display as an option, so +1 for that wishlist item.

Sponsored

wjones14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE; Sold: 2005 Mustang GT
+1 on the HUD. Also would like an FRPP exhaust option.

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Hopefully by 2018

1. All aluminum
2. DI on the GT
3. Magneride on gt pp
4. Wider rims and tires on pp
5. Not a big deal, but a nicer stereo than the current shaker

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
1-Taller gear option for the PP
2- Wider wheel option (to close gap to 1LE)
3-Clutch with better feel and reduced travel
4-Drivers seat that goes lower for more headroom and a better view out of the car
5-Sync info in the manual & website that is clear, up to date, and acurrate

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
here it goes so far

- Some damn floor liners! How is it taking this long? Weathertech even sells the 2nd row (Like anyone ever goes back there) but no fronts yet. Nothing at Huskyliners either.

- Clear wrap, and on that note some DIB touch up paint. Already have a nice rock chip on the front of the hood. Would love to apply it myself too just need good weather

- Good weather! finally past the break in period but continue to sparsely push it hard because of the PP tires in cold/rain/wintry mix :frusty: Gets sideways easier in a bad way

- Radar detector

- My replacement wheel lock key :headbonk: (yes yes, my fault)

- A clean space in our garage for her to sleep/change wheels out on the fly

- Gas to stay at $3.13 for 93, Sunoco!!! :shocked: Local cash station is even less! Oh how my right foot rejoices...

I live just south of the Twin Cities in MN and gas is $2.49 a gallon here right now.

Edit: for 87 octane. I believe 92 octane can be had for $2.89.
Sponsored