Sponsored

Wishlist for S550 Mustangs

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I've always loved Mustangs, and I want a new GT. I have a 2007 Convertible that is keeping me company for now (which I don't plan to part with).

I would buy a 2015 Mustang GT right now if it weren't for a few issues:

1. Limited Color Selection. I wish there was a metallic black. Or other colors like from the 60's Mustangs. Like a light blue or light green. I found this image as an example. The current colors are cookie cutter for right now. Come on Ford! Even the new F-150 has more colors.

2. I've seen other threads regarding panel fitment issues. That alone will keep me from getting into one until they work the kinks out hopefully by 2016. Anyone know if this has been resolved?

3. I know this has probably been discussed a lot, but I don't like black rims. I wish we could get another non-black rim option for the PP.

4. I wish the GT had fogs in the grille like previous Mustangs. Not sure how that would look on this model though, since the headlights are thinner.

5. Possibly engines different or slightly upgraded for 2016?
Sponsored

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
1). I'll agree with the Metallic black option, but there are some cool colors. The Comp Orange, Ruby Red, Guard, and DIB are all stellar IMO

2). Those have been fixed, mine has zero fitment issues

3). Agreed. They look good on some colors, but I dislike all black rims on darker cars

4). I'm fine with them where they are, I think the front end is sleek. Maybe they could make an option?

5) Seriously? The just upgraded the 5.0, and wrung out even more power. The Ecoboost is all new... I'd bet they stick with these for at least a couple years

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
1. Any stock color from a manufacturer is cookie cutter. 15 Mustangs have 10 exterior color options whereas the F-150 has a range from 7 - 13 color choices depending on the model. But I get what you are saying about the metallic black. Originally, I wanted black but when I checked out the CO in person, my decision changed instantly. Hopefully you've seen all colors in person because I'm sure most people, including myself, will like more than 1 color and I'm sure there is a color in the mix that will fit your liking. You can always go custom and be one of the first.

2. There will be panel fitment issues in 16 or just about any year past or present. That's when you have a choice to have them fix or not buy that particular car. This should be a non-issue.

3. I wouldn't want aluminum or chrome rims on my CO w/PP but I'd still get the car because of the other bonuses in the PP. Ebay, craigslist, dip, whatever...there are options to get out of the 'cookie cutter' issues...

4. The GT 'tell sign' got a little tiring for me...Maybe this is something you could customize yourself and not break the bank.

5. I mean how much more power do you need from a stock motor? I know I know, more power is great but c'mon 435 is a good start and is already a boost from previous years. They made 3 options (4 if you include GT350) versus 2 and people still aren't happy.

eddie1218

Threads
Reaction score
1. Magnaride Suspension package for GT

2. 3.55 option for PP

3. Shaker/touchscreen option for base GT

Just in general rethink the packages. Not everyone wants leather!!!!!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My list is short:

1. Available color leather option on base GT.

2. An alternate to the black wheel on PP GTs.

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
-It's only the first year so the color selection I am ok with. I hope all the calls for Grabber Blue will be offered in the next few years. There were renders on here that were some of my favorites.

-FRPP has a few of the same style wheels but in silver/gunmetal. I would be happy if they offer them standard or optional next year and after.

-But the engine IS upgraded for 2015. Boss internals and more hp. I would be shocked if they create another 2010/11 situation. You can only punish early adopters so many times until it comes back to bite you.

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My only wish is a Roush Axle Back . I must have this !

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
here it goes so far

- Some damn floor liners! How is it taking this long? Weathertech even sells the 2nd row (Like anyone ever goes back there) but no fronts yet. Nothing at Huskyliners either.

- Clear wrap, and on that note some DIB touch up paint. Already have a nice rock chip on the front of the hood. Would love to apply it myself too just need good weather

- Good weather! finally past the break in period but continue to sparsely push it hard because of the PP tires in cold/rain/wintry mix :frusty: Gets sideways easier in a bad way

- Radar detector

- My replacement wheel lock key :headbonk: (yes yes, my fault)

- A clean space in our garage for her to sleep/change wheels out on the fly

- Gas to stay at $3.13 for 93, Sunoco!!! :shocked: Local cash station is even less! Oh how my right foot rejoices...

Sponsored
OP
OP
dude

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i

AllMightyWez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP - Triple Yellow
1. 300 to 500 pounds lighter...
2. Twin Turbo V6 - basically do the same thing they did with the 4 to a 6.
3. Louder and more free flowing standard exhaust
4. Stiffer Rear suspension.
5. Wider or Stickier Tires
6. Striped Paint Scheme

Most of this will be addressed with the GT350

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
- V6 Premium option
- V6 PP option
- Non black PP rims
- BLIS/CTA moved to Reverse sensing package and called SAFETY package.
- Lighter by 200lbs. Reduce weight of suitcase, rims, doors, lid back.
Sponsored