RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Does somebody knows if thru Forscan i can activate auto-relock so the locks close every time all the doors are closed? By the way it is a GT 2019 with Enhanced Security package.

Thanks in advance...
Wouldn't that be nice! My wifes Civic has a feature call 'walk away auto lock'. When the advanced remote goes out of range (about 10 feet) the car automatically locks. Everything necessary for this is already there, it would just take a software update. Ford has some invention submission website, but I don't have it handy right now. I actually submitted it directly to their R&D through that portal a few months back. They sent me some form response saying they couldn't give me credit for the idea, but hopefully they will implement something like this in the near future.

I actually submitted a few other ideas too, like having MyKey not only limit top speed, but also limit power/accelleration/hp.
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Wouldn't that be nice! My wifes Civic has a feature call 'walk away auto lock'. When the advanced remote goes out of range (about 10 feet) the car automatically locks. Everything necessary for this is already there, it would just take a software update. Ford has some invention submission website, but I don't have it handy right now. I actually submitted it directly to their R&D through that portal a few months back. They sent me some form response saying they couldn't give me credit for the idea, but hopefully they will implement something like this in the near future.

I actually submitted a few other ideas too, like having MyKey not only limit top speed, but also limit power/accelleration/hp.
Thanks @RichBrew.... Well I am not alone in this.... If you find the page let me know so I can also give it a push to see if we got luck....I don't want to go aftermarket yet but seems will be my only choice.

I will also like to start the car with the MyKey in Sport mode all the times....

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does somebody knows if thru Forscan i can activate auto-relock so the locks close every time all the doors are closed? By the way it is a GT 2019 with Enhanced Security package..
First thing I asked. Answer: no. I don't understand why Ford doesn't have that. It's not like they don't know other cars have had that for many years. I accidentally left the Mustang unlocked a few times in the beginning until locking the car became second nature again. Just glad Ford didn't make us use a hand crank to start the car.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
First thing I asked. Answer: no. I don't understand why Ford doesn't have that. It's not like they don't know other cars have had that for many years. I accidentally left the Mustang unlocked a few times in the beginning until locking the car became second nature again. Just glad Ford didn't make us use a hand crank to start the car.
@HoosierDaddy.... I received a post of a forum member that states that he did it on his car thru the IPC Module (Post # 3). I will be asking the Dealer as I don't have yet the Forscan or can you check if you have the software?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-gt-2019-301a-pp1-auto-relock.115803/#post-2435688

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
@HoosierDaddy.... I received a post of a forum member that states that he did it on his car thru the IPC Module (Post # 3). I will be asking the Dealer as I don't have yet the Forscan or can you check if you have the software?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-gt-2019-301a-pp1-auto-relock.115803/#post-2435688
Thanks. I read that thread but think it may just be about enabling what Ford calls autolock in cars that didn't show that option from the factory. What Ford calls autolock, at least on my 2016, is an option to automatically lock the doors when you drive after starting the car. I'm looking for a way to have the car automatically lock the doors when I walk away after driving the car like my other cars do.

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Could anyone explain the difference between the drl changes on lines

Line 24 - Lights - DRL (Daytime Running Lights), allows you to control the Fog Lights (if you have 'em) to be activated as your DRLs through the Instrument Cluster (IPC), you must set all 4 lines to the right for this to work properly

Line 25 - Lights

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
A couple new ones from a different thread for activating active exhaust on 2018+ cars without AE from factory

Digital cluster - Credit: @mfoley13

I'm trying the forscan coding to make sure it enables the option on my LCD cluster before I buy mufflers. It seems to be good but I'm not sure.
Previous post gives this:
720-04-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX 4 = Enabled 6 = Disabled
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled C = Disabled

For me, the first line was same but the second wasn't. I had a 1 instead of C but used the E anyway.
C = 1100
E = 1110

1 = 0001
3 = 0011

You should have changed your 1 to a 3 instead of E. You should have only set 1 bit, but instead you have changed all 4. Don't know if it's good or bad, but why risk it?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
C = 1100
E = 1110

1 = 0001
3 = 0011

You should have changed your 1 to a 3 instead of E. You should have only set 1 bit, but instead you have changed all 4. Don't know if it's good or bad, but why risk it?
Couldn't tell ya, as I didn't make the original post (thus, the credit given). Can you write out the lines with your corrections for me? I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say, but its good timing because I'll be doing this on my car within the next few days or so

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
A couple new ones from a different thread for activating active exhaust on 2018+ cars without AE from factory

Digital cluster - Credit: @mfoley13

I'm trying the forscan coding to make sure it enables the option on my LCD cluster before I buy mufflers. It seems to be good but I'm not sure.
Previous post gives this:
720-04-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX 4 = Enabled 6 = Disabled
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled C = Disabled

For me, the first line was same but the second wasn't. I had a 1 instead of C but used the E anyway.
C = 1100
E = 1110

1 = 0001
3 = 0011

Couldn't tell ya, as I didn't make the original post (thus, the credit given). Can you write out the lines with your corrections for me? I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say, but its good timing because I'll be doing this on my car within the next few days or so
It comes down to the fact that there are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary numbers and those who don't. :) You are changing global flags by turning bits on/off. Those flags control various functions. Instead of changing a single flag you changed 4 of them when you changed 1 to an E so in addition to changing the function around active exhaust you have also changed 3 other things in your car.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It comes down to the fact that there are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary numbers and those who don't. :) You are changing global flags by turning bits on/off. Those flags control various functions. Instead of changing a single flag you changed 4 of them when you changed 1 to an E so in addition to changing the function around active exhaust you have also changed 3 other things in your car.
Ohh, okay, I see what you're saying now. Again, be aware that it wasn't me who changed that code (it was whoever I credited with the finding), but I appreciate the clarity, as it'll help if my programming looks the same as his so that I don't change something I'm not supposed to :cheers:

Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Ohh, okay, I see what you're saying now. Again, be aware that it wasn't me who changed that code (it was whoever I credited with the finding), but I appreciate the clarity, as it'll help if my programming looks the same as his so that I don't change something I'm not supposed to :cheers:
Gotcha. Glad it wasn't you. :) Just be careful when changing codes - change only the bits you're suppose to change.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Actually, since the values are 0-F, wouldn’t it be Hex, not binary?
No, hex is just a convenient representation of the binary system used by Ford. You are editing binary flags, not hex flags.

19 GT Premium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
According to this if I edit the following lines it should disable bass roll off on my base model:
727-01-01 xx5A xxxx xxxx
727-01-02 00xx

What do I change these values to? What exactly does changing these values do to the stock speakers? My subs are currently wired into the rear deck speakers.
I'd like to know this as well...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Actually, since the values are 0-F, wouldn’t it be Hex, not binary?
Hexadecimal is just a way to represent 4 binary bits with a single character.
0 - 0000
1 - 0001
2 - 0010
3 - 0011
4 - 0100
5 - 0101
6 - 0110
7 - 0111
8 - 1000
9 - 1001
A - 1010
B - 1011