Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I guess it makes sense because Livernois came out with the carb tune. I looked at them heavily. I'm assuming with the warranty on the kit, FP must have just had some oversight, or maybe its a tuned down version of what Livernoise would do for you directly?
Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Nicely done!!! Like I said, I know there is crosstalk between LIvernois and Ford Performance. It would also explain on how Livernois got CARB EO numbers on their own in house tunes.
I realized it when I got my kit because one of the internal boxes had Livernois on it. Also, not being fluent in California law, I googled the EO to see what that was specifically.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Gonna need a source to buy that.
If you have the procal4 plug it in and look at it. Says it's livernois right on it. The calibration was done by them also, but they are locked per Fords request. It is actually a livernois my calibrator I've talked to livernois and they cannot unlock it if it was loaded for Ford performance. Do you honestly think Ford is going to pay someone to make performance tunes

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
If you have the procal4 plug it in and look at it. Says it's livernois right on it. The calibration was done by them also, but they are locked per Fords request. It is actually a livernois my calibrator I've talked to livernois and they cannot unlock it if it was loaded for Ford performance. Do you honestly think Ford is going to pay someone to make performance tunes
Livernois probably made that tune for that particular package with the larger throttle body the GT350 cold air intake, I don't think that's a combination they offer with their own tune. Livernois does have channels to Ford.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I do have a Procal 4 and I am not seeing that anywhere when I plug mine in. Still would like to see a source to back up that claim.

Even if Ford jobbed it out, it was with their info and to their specs and they approved it before it went for sale, so I would still trust that 100% more than calling Livernois as a Joe Blow and expecting to be happy right out of the box and trust their work.

Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I do have a Procal 4 and I am not seeing that anywhere when I plug mine in. Still would like to see a source to back up that claim.

Even if Ford jobbed it out, it was with their info and to their specs and they approved it before it went for sale, so I would still trust that 100% more than calling Livernois as a Joe Blow and expecting to be happy right out of the box and trust their work.
The source is in the procal4. I don't know why yours doesn't say it mine does and it came from Ford. Not going to argue this any longer. If you want a Wikipedia page on it, it ain't gonna happen.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The source is in the procal4. I don't know why yours doesn't say it mine does and it came from Ford. Not going to argue this any longer. If you want a Wikipedia page on it, it ain't gonna happen.
Mine says it too

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I was just hoping you'd provide an actual source. Procal is not a source. I was trying to cut through the forum misinformation for some real info and I am not going to get it I see.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just hoping you'd provide an actual source. Procal is not a source. I was trying to cut through the forum misinformation for some real info and I am not going to get it I see.
The CARB EO certificate is pretty convincing.

Screenshot_20221207-074628.png

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I provided the source earlier. The CARB certificate.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think the man wants a certified letter from jim farley otherwise we're just internet misinformation. thanks to those who helped.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I provided the source earlier. The CARB certificate.
Correct, I felt like maybe geep didn't see it. On another note, I thought they were coming out with a 2022 kit? Maybe not...

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
If you can, please.
You can go to the CARB site and open the PDF to see Livernois as the manufacturer a second time if it helps.
Or
Here is the full address information of Ford Motor Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6248. Dearborn, MI 48126, USA.

I must warn you, the response may be from an underling.
Sponsored