Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

andrewzander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What's the secret to removing the 10mm nut holding the sound tube to the firewall?

I don't want to just rip the tube from the firewall, and I've spent many hours today trying to remove the nut.

My install of this kit is on hold because of this issue.
The instructions have you remove the driver’s side wheel and wheel well panel to access the nut.

I just pulled mine off instead of doing that.
Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
The instructions have you remove the driver’s side wheel and wheel well panel to access the nut.

I just pulled mine off instead of doing that.
I tried that but the opening was so small that I couldn't get it that way either.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
What's the secret to removing the 10mm nut holding the sound tube to the firewall?

I don't want to just rip the tube from the firewall, and I've spent many hours today trying to remove the nut.

Bust your hand open trying, rip it out, or leave half of it on and cap it. I did the latter.

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

A couple extensions and a swivel allowed me to reach it. No taking the wheel off or ripping it off for me.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

I used a 1/4 drive 10 mm deep socket and small ratchet. Could only get about 1/8 of a turn on it at a time, but got it off without to much trouble, just took a little while.

Doug

Last edited:

Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I used a ratcheting wrench and patience. It was off clean in a few minutes.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just rip that sound tube off the nut. Lol thats what i did. I took off sound tube like after a month of ownership though, not for the kit. The cheap plastic breaks away easily from firewall. But understood if people dont want to do that.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just rip that sound tube off the nut. Lol thats what i did. I took off sound tube like after a month of ownership though, not for the kit. The cheap plastic breaks away easily from firewall. But understood if people dont want to do that.
I removed mine without breaking the plastic, I just gave gentle but firm tugs UP away from the engine bay. The tube isn't captured on the stud, just smooshed down by the nut.

I really don't understand the supposed official procedure though. That "window" through the wheel well not only is too small to be useful, but there is a bunch of stuff going through it too.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Ok, so I wrote to, and received a quick response from FP about this kit for AUS vehicles. Unfortunately it’s not an option.
It’s a shame as while the tune is “conservative” and that’s ok, I’d really the OEM A10 tune update over any of the aftermarket ones.

Thanks to FP for their fast response.

Subject: RE: M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack advice request.

RE: M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack advice request.

Good Morning-

The calibration is different for US/CAN and EU/Asia Pacific (which includes Australia). We do not have a calibration for an Australian market car, and if you were to purchase this kit and try to download/install it, it would not work simply because there is no calibration available.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Ford Performance Parts Vehicle Coordinator

Ford Performance Parts Tech LIne

(800) 367-3788

unknown.jpg

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 3:51 PM

To: Techline, FordPerformance (.) <[email protected]>

Subject: M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack advice request.

WARNING: This message originated outside of Ford Motor Company. Use caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding.

Hi Team FP,

I am looking to purchase and fit the M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack on a FN Mustang GT (2019) PP1 (ish) AUS vehicle.

The FP webpage for the M-9603-M8B states:

“Calibrations are for US and Canadian vehicles only “

Are you able to elaborate on this further please? I did see some discussion on M6G this may be due to additional Catalytic Converter hardware i.e. GPF, like on the Euro' spec cars, but we do not have that system on AUS cars.

Is the US/CAN tune actually different from the AUs tune, or is this statement just about/based the receipt (or not) of particular country legislative approvals for the new tune?

Should it be the latter, and I purchased the pack, would FP still allow me to download the new tune and upload it to my AUS VIN vehicle?

Expert definitive advice regarding this kit for AUS vehicles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
{sender signature block}

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I wrote to, and received a quick response from FP about this kit for AUS vehicles. Unfortunately it’s not an option.
It’s a shame as while the tune is “conservative” and that’s ok, I’d really the OEM A10 tune update over any of the aftermarket ones.

Thanks to FP for their fast response.

Subject: RE: M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack advice request.

RE: M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack advice request.

Good Morning-

The calibration is different for US/CAN and EU/Asia Pacific (which includes Australia). We do not have a calibration for an Australian market car, and if you were to purchase this kit and try to download/install it, it would not work simply because there is no calibration available.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Ford Performance Parts Vehicle Coordinator

Ford Performance Parts Tech LIne

(800) 367-3788

unknown.jpg

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 3:51 PM

To: Techline, FordPerformance (.) <[email protected]>

Subject: M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack advice request.

WARNING: This message originated outside of Ford Motor Company. Use caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding.

Hi Team FP,

I am looking to purchase and fit the M-9603-M8B, 2018-2020 Mustang Performance Pack on a FN Mustang GT (2019) PP1 (ish) AUS vehicle.

The FP webpage for the M-9603-M8B states:

“Calibrations are for US and Canadian vehicles only “

Are you able to elaborate on this further please? I did see some discussion on M6G this may be due to additional Catalytic Converter hardware i.e. GPF, like on the Euro' spec cars, but we do not have that system on AUS cars.

Is the US/CAN tune actually different from the AUs tune, or is this statement just about/based the receipt (or not) of particular country legislative approvals for the new tune?

Should it be the latter, and I purchased the pack, would FP still allow me to download the new tune and upload it to my AUS VIN vehicle?

Expert definitive advice regarding this kit for AUS vehicles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
{sender signature block}

Maybe Mustang Motorsports in Australia might be able to get a licensed version for Australia?

They are in MEL and also sell FP parts.

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Maybe Mustang Motorsports in Australia might be able to get a licensed version for Australia?

They are in MEL and also sell FP parts.
Thanks but no. It would probably be twice as expensive or more through an AUS retailer.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Thanks but no. It would probably be twice as expensive or more through an AUS retailer.
Ask or search in the UK forum man. Unless my memory has gone totally bad and I dreamt the whole thing, I'm certain there was somebody here in Europe mentioning getting this tune from Ford in an European version. One thing I am not sure about is whether it was the 2015-2017 or the 2018+ version.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Ask or search in the UK forum man. Unless my memory has gone totally bad and I dreamt the whole thing, I'm certain there was somebody here in Europe mentioning getting this tune from Ford in an European version. One thing I am not sure about is whether it was the 2015-2017 or the 2018+ version.
Yep, FP FM performance kits are available here in Oz, just not FN.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I finished the install last night. I decided to cut the clamp on the sound tube near the strut tower and plugged the opening.

This way, it would be easier to return to stock if needed.

I found it easiest to attach the intake tube to the throttlebody with the intake box resting on the apron, and then setting it into place one the tube was seated on the throttlebody and the clamp tightened.

Having a helper hold back the upper edge of the foam seal while you put the box into place also makes things easier.

Using the Pro Cal was an easy process with no issues encountered.

I haven't had a chance to drive it yet but I'll report back once I do.

PXL_20210424_222725646.jpg

PXL_20210424_222910601.jpg

PXL_20210424_222735767.jpg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Last edited: