Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Really a fraction of it since it's 3 years from purchase date of the _car_. If you purchased your 2018 early, you won't even have a year left.
True, but also I think there is some satisfaction/comfort knowing Ford engineers made this and not some guys in a shop tinkering till they get it right, or something like that. I do believe that Ford generally knows what they are doing, so I would trust this product more long-term.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
True, but also I think there is some satisfaction/comfort knowing Ford engineers made this and not some guys in a shop tinkering till they get it right, or something like that. I do believe that Ford generally knows what they are doing, so I would trust this product more long-term.
Absolutely agree - that's why I bought it - consider it relatively safe - Bullit after all is using same engine with different throttle body / intake / tune that is not that much different than this one. I just think the warranty piece of it is little overrated.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Absolutely agree - that's why I bought it - consider it relatively safe - Bullit after all is using same engine with different throttle body / intake / tune that is not that much different than this one. I just think the warranty piece of it is little overrated.
The warranty is the only thing I can rationalize paying double for half the performance of a basic e / flex tune.

Not the route I would go nor the route I went just trying to make sense of the hysteria over the kit. :crazy:

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
White15GT,

Nope. "Preparing Procal4 for use" is not correct.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^ yep.. "Preparing Procal 4 Tool For Use" #2 says programmer will display serial number and firmware version..the Programer does not display this. The window in the laptop/PC does. So like me, some people thought it didnt download correctly since thebhandhel.prgrammer does not display anything.

Sponsored

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
This tune definetly gives the car more omph downnlow in all modes. Can't wait to aire it iut!

OBTW can someone measure the intake diameter and the small side of the adapter for me? Don't want to take apart yet.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Cobrakit,

Making me crazy man!!

Don't have mine 100% done yet, but will in the next day or 2. Can't wait, that 42 ft. pd. low end hit at 2K is what attracted me to this upgrade. An extra 20 at the top don't hurt none either.

I hear the "E" stuff all the time, we have no "E" anywhere in my region. So not an option.

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Does this kit add no lift shift to the manuals like the 15-17 power packs did?

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I hear the "E" stuff all the time, we have no "E" anywhere in my region. So not an option.
Same here!

I need to get this new Ford tune.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Does this kit add no lift shift to the manuals like the 15-17 power packs did?
Good question..I was shocked by the amount of torque management is going on with this car even with the manual.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So see lots about this on net and in the forums lots of talk and lots of members saying they bought it. People saying they have installed it. But I am seeing next to nothing on reviews? To those who bought and installed how is it?

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Good question..I was shocked by the amount of torque management is going on with this car even with the manual.
So I feel pretty stupid, but after some research and an email to Ford, it appears that 2018+ have NLS in the stock calibration. I've never tried it personally, and there are quite a few differing opinions out there on wether it works or not.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
So I feel pretty stupid, but after some research and an email to Ford, it appears that 2018+ have NLS in the stock calibration. I've never tried it personally, and there are quite a few differing opinions out there on wether it works or not.
That is good to know. Considering that I have not tried it yet on my 2019.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
So see lots about this on net and in the forums lots of talk and lots of members saying they bought it. People saying they have installed it. But I am seeing next to nothing on reviews? To those who bought and installed how is it?
Honestly I don’t feel a huge difference, but I don’t have a ton of miles on the car and already have a Borla cat-back. Maybe I never got a good feel of what it felt like stock. The shifting does seem more aggressive in Sport mode and my 0-60 time improved by 3/10’s so it’s definitely a little faster. Still playing around with that, trying to get a cleaner launch.

I haven’t got to drive it a ton yet so I will post more thoughts on it at some point.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I installed on my 19 gt a10. I have limited miles on it, but i can safely say that this woke up my car on the low to mid range. Been waiting for rain and cold to pass before i get on it. Again, if your a DD and not going to change anything else on the engine, this is definetly an option worth pursuing.

See dyno pull attached.
https://www.fordracingparts.com/part/M-9603-M8B
Sponsored