Sponsored

FL 2087 update (interesting information)

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I searched and found nothing... does anybody have experience with the Mobile 1 filters for the VooDoo?

filter.png

I am not considering it... but desperate times may eventually call for desperate measures if this shortage goes on to long.

This is from "Advance Auto" so take it with an Ocean of Salt...!!!

Just curious if anybody has used this in the past?
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Ok Fred, Iā€™ll bite; the link I posted was for part # KR3Z-6A832-A which is the filter housing and filter. I select the link and that part # comes up. Is the link broken for you?
The link that was provided had a ā€œcheck to see if this fits your carā€ link. I filled that link out and it came back it wonā€™t fit my carā€¦.ā€™19 GT350. Maybe that link is wrong.
I didnā€™t need the housing so I just used the sight to buy filters.
If my order goes through, Iā€™m buying the next time Iā€™m in Oklahoma. Truly appreciate it.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I searched and found nothing... does anybody have experience with the Mobile 1 filters for the VooDoo?

filter.png

I am not considering it... but desperate times may eventually call for desperate measures if this shortage goes on to long.

This is from "Advance Auto" so take it with an Ocean of Salt...!!!

Just curious if anybody has used this in the past?
Hey, it even says that it ā€œProtects for 20,000 milesā€-Guaranteedā€¦.
Wonder what happens if it doesnā€™tā€¦.Donā€™t even go thereā€¦!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
(Un)fortunate or not, illegal or not, capitalism or not, whoever it is is a f$&@ing tool, and clearly not someone from our community. But, IMHO, whoever the f$&@tards are buying them bear half the blame. Iā€™d beg the question whoā€™s the bigger idiot? Unfortunate it may be, but as long as someone from the community is buying them, makes it hard to complain about it.
I am doing my best. I know you are an Amsoil type, and that is the reason I have not offered you a filter. I have another small amount coming that I plan to distribute to senior members of this forum. I hope I hear news about an acceptable alternative, but from what I heard from a fellow member, there is none.

I'll pass along what I find out if I am allowed to do so.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Tomster no way man, you are doing great things. None of my comments were towards you; or they were all in good fun. My comment that you just quoted was totally in regards to the idiot selling filters for that price and not anything youā€™re doing. I am just as grateful for what youā€™re doing as the next guy. Wouldnā€™t be fair anyways as I am several several months/miles away from needing a change. But youā€™re correct; Iā€™d never in a gazillion years stick a dirty filter back in to avoid using an Amsoil (i.e. aftermarket) oil filter. As I proveded proof, the owners supplement prohibits that activity too, LOL. ;-)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@Tomster no way man, you are doing great things. None of my comments were towards you; or they were all in good fun. My comment that you just quoted was totally in regards to the idiot selling filters for that price and not anything youā€™re doing. I am just as grateful for what youā€™re doing as the next guy. Wouldnā€™t be fair anyways as I am several several months/miles away from needing a change. But youā€™re correct; Iā€™d never in a gazillion years stick a dirty filter back in to avoid using an Amsoil (i.e. aftermarket) oil filter. As I proveded proof, the owners supplement prohibits that activity too, LOL. ;-)
Understood. You are a solid member of this community and if I can help, please reach out.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I know it's borderline heresy, but are there any scientific studies on engine damage or longevity if every once in a while an oil change without replacing the filter is really that bad?

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I know it's borderline heresy, but are there any scientific studies on engine damage or longevity if every once in a while an oil change without replacing the filter is really that bad?
Good question. I doubt anyone ever considered it until the Great Filter Shortage! On the other hand I have heard people talk about changing filters without changing oil when using long interval oils.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It runs contra to most oil analysis programs. There are plenty of times where the oil is still viable but the filter has captured contaminants and reduced capacity so a simple filter swap is prudent.

I guess there's situations where the oil is very sheered or scorched in a short amount of time and so the filter isn't very clogged or occluded where a lubricant swap out is required but the filter still has life.

As we've discussed on numerous threads, the simplest answer is none of it probably makes an appreciable difference. Most people won't run their motor long enough or hard enough for it to matter either way. For decades even with synthetic oil and synthetic filtration media, the recommendations from OEM's was 3k mile intervals. Now with the same oil and filter, Toyota is telling me 10k intervals is fine (on my 4Runner). The ECU still trips at 5k, so even though they haven't updated their software, their policy is 10k intervals.

The "damage" you're referring to in most studies is loss of mass for bearings and wear items. And it takes an assload of mileage/hours to get to a point where the operator would be able to recognize any difference in the motor's output. From power or response to economy. But in a lab, they can weigh components and see additional wear.

In summary, for most of us it won't make a difference.

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
So what do you guys think of using the original design FL-2062 in the interim at least until the 2087 shortage ends? I figure it would still be better than using an aftermarket filter or not changing your oil right?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I figure it would still be better than using an aftermarket filter or not changing your oil right?
For your unfounded warranty fears??? Maybe. For actual filtration and engine/oil performance?? Absolutely not.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
The link that was provided had a ā€œcheck to see if this fits your carā€ link. I filled that link out and it came back it wonā€™t fit my carā€¦.ā€™19 GT350. Maybe that link is wrong.
I didnā€™t need the housing so I just used the sight to buy filters.
If my order goes through, Iā€™m buying the next time Iā€™m in Oklahoma. Truly appreciate it.
Received the dreaded order cancellation šŸ’©

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I posted this in the other FL-2087 thread in the GT500 section...

I spoke with a friend today who is an attorney and a car-nut... we spoke about the oil filter shortage of the FL-2087's. He does not have a Shelby, but indicated that he handled a case where a warranty was denied (non-Ford) for an engine failure reportedly due to a non-OEM part used. According to him and the legal ramblings of the Magnuson-Moss Act as well as some case references, if a manufacturer requires that the purchaser needs to buy the OEM replacement parts only, when aftermarket exists, then the manufacturer is required by law to to provide replacement parts at no cost to the original purchaser.

This is national, not local. I don't have the legal research data bases he does, but this interests me if he is correct. I shall research.

If that is correct, Ford would not be able to deny warranty claims due to an aftermarket filter installed.

If Ford does not have FL-2087's any for any currently scheduled oil changes, what are they using?
I plan on asking the dealership shortly since I am having mine changed at the dealer with a FL-2087 I was able to get from a friend.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I posted this in the other FL-2087 thread in the GT500 section...

I spoke with a friend today who is an attorney and a car-nut... we spoke about the oil filter shortage of the FL-2087's. He does not have a Shelby, but indicated that he handled a case where a warranty was denied (non-Ford) for an engine failure reportedly due to a non-OEM part used. According to him and the legal ramblings of the Magnuson-Moss Act as well as some case references, if a manufacturer requires that the purchaser needs to buy the OEM replacement parts only, when aftermarket exists, then the manufacturer is required by law to to provide replacement parts at no cost to the original purchaser.

This is national, not local. I don't have the legal research data bases he does, but this interests me if he is correct. I shall research.

If that is correct, Ford would not be able to deny warranty claims due to an aftermarket filter installed.

If Ford does not have FL-2087's any for any currently scheduled oil changes, what are they using?
I plan on asking the dealership shortly since I am having mine changed at the dealer with a FL-2087 I was able to get from a friend.
That's not true. Or at least you're leaving out a crucial part.

A warranty can stipulate virtually anything they want it to, it's a voluntary agreement that you sign when you purchase the car (it's part of the purchase).

What they can't do is CHANGE the terms of the warranty such that the holder is harmed through unreasonable escalation or difficulties.

Ford can stipulate that you must use 93 octane in order to maintain your warranty. They don't have to provide you fuel for it. What they CAN'T do is sell a bunch of cars stipulating 93, then change the requirement to be some obscure high grade race fuel (that only their licensed supplier has).

Ford and any other warranter can stipulate the terms of the warranty. In this case, what Ford did was CHANGE to something not readily available, which harms the warranty holder by forcing them to either not use their property (or as often) OR face undue financial burden trying to comply with the new terms.

I've run into this a few times and it's usually when companies are purchased by other companies

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Are you an Attorney speaking from courtroom experience?

Iā€™m interested.

Iā€™m not trying to be a Twat Waffle, I just know the attorney who I spoke to does not guess on facts. You may be correct since there are always two sides to every case.
But to say ā€œThatā€™s not trueā€ needs some good legal basis to make that claim.

COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat WaffleĀ©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase
Sponsored

Last edited: