Sponsored

First time CERA TEC

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi everyone,

2018 PP1 5.0 10r80 with ~20k miles / 31k kms of use.

Oil cap is 5w 20 and manual says 5w 30 for track days. Since I drive it so little and normally when I do I have fun and do 1-2 quarter mile track days a year I went ahead and just use 5w 30 right off the bat this year for the oil change. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (PUP). I normally run PUP 5w 20.

My engine has had the constant tick and this year (it may just be in my head) the tick seems overly pronounced. I want to try adding some CERA TEC. I have never used a oil additive before and am just a little nervous.

I guess I am just looking for some confirmation bias that this isnt a big step and adding an oil additive to my engine will be fine.

Can anyone share their experiences with CERA TEC?
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
This will be my third season using it in my 17 and no looking back.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I think it’s fine to use. My professional opinion is to start out small and only use what is needed to remedy the concern. The bottle says each bottle is for 5 quarts of oil, indicating you should add 2 bottles to each oil service. In my experience however, and many others as well, is that 1/3 bottle total is enough to quiet it down. So one bottle will last 3 oil services. Your mileage may vary, of course. But that’s where I would start.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input everyone, appreciate it. First reply posted, I have gone through past threads, but looking for replies from years of use if possible :D

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I should try the 1/3 bottle. I've been using a full bottle every time.
Sponsored