Sponsored

First Oil Change - Filter Help

swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
does the underpan come off to do a oil change and how is it attached? i have a oil drain pit but haven't gotten under the car for a good view yet. TIA
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
non PP cars you have to take 6 bolts off the access panel to get to the filter. On PP cars you just have to take one bolt off and it flaps down to expose the filter

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Wix and Napa Gold (same filter) oil filters are pretty darn good and don't break the bank. Very large surface area with great flow rates.

swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
non PP cars you have to take 6 bolts off the access panel to get to the filter. On PP cars you just have to take one bolt off and it flaps down to expose the filter
ok thanks,
getting ready to dive in, mobil1 5w20 and purolator pureone filter. 99% single pass efficiency better than the mobil1 filter for $6 at advanceauto.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
getting ready to dive in, mobil1 5w20 and purolator pureone filter.
Purolator filter quality has been down for a while. Media tears have been reported by many users where guys talk about oil filters all day long.

Sponsored

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I use K&N oil filters on most of my vehicles. A Purolator Pure 1 got stock on my '98 Corvette a few years back and I had to cut it off with a Dremel cutting wheel. The nut on the end of the filter came loose from the end plate and the filter swiveled around the block. Had to unscrew the mounting thread nipple in the block to remove the rest of the filter. After complaining to Purolator about a defective/poor design filter, they paid for my Dremel and my efforts around $100. Never used Purolators again.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I use K&N oil filters on most of my vehicles. A Purolator Pure 1 got stock on my '98 Corvette a few years back and I had to cut it off with a Dremel cutting wheel. The nut on the end of the filter came loose from the end plate and the filter swiveled around the block. Had to unscrew the mounting thread nipple in the block to remove the rest of the filter. After complaining to Purolator about a defective/poor design filter, they paid for my Dremel and my efforts around $100. Never used Purolators again.
K&N are made by Champion I believe and very similar/identical to the Mobil 1 filters.
Sponsored