Sponsored

Feeling a bit floaty/bouncy

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
To preface I have a Bullitt with Magneride, FRPP magneride kit and Steeda 4pt brace.

Lately when going over bumps in the road the car feels like it wanting to bounce a bit or feeling a bit floaty/unstable when doing 70-80 on the highway and hitting road bumps like patch potholes. I'm going to have my bushings checked, and possibly re-clocked if they need it, but is there anything else I should be looking at for possible cause?
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I would say this is an unusual take with Magneride suspension. Check your tire pressures?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Check for hub bearing play while you’re at it, particularly the rears.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Magnerides are known to fail. I currently have one failing I need to replace. If you didn;t have ride height sensors reset when you when to the new set up, you could have an issue there.

Also, DSC makes a suspension tuner for the Magneride. I have it on my car, and it makes a world of difference. But I would start at making sure the shocks aren't leaking, and then that the ride height sensors are reset with the new suspension. And make sure you are sitting in the drivers seat when you reset.

Good luck!

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Then follow Nightmare's recommendation. If the Mag had failed, there would be alarms and you'd be limited to 80 mph. It's unusual. Check to verify everything is tight and the alignment is correct.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Magnerides are known to fail. I currently have one failing I need to replace. If you didn;t have ride height sensors reset when you when to the new set up, you could have an issue there.

Also, DSC makes a suspension tuner for the Magneride. I have it on my car, and it makes a world of difference. But I would start at making sure the shocks aren't leaking, and then that the ride height sensors are reset with the new suspension. And make sure you are sitting in the drivers seat when you reset.

Good luck!
Is there a guide to reset the sensors?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is there a guide to reset the sensors?
No. I believe you have to take it in to Ford or a place that can hook into the suspension controller. There are a couple threads on resetting the ride height sensors on this site, as well as a couple other Mustang forums. Maybe they figured out a way to do it at home.

However, if anyone would know, it's TeeLew.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No. I believe you have to take it in to Ford or a place that can hook into the suspension controller. There are a couple threads on resetting the ride height sensors on this site, as well as a couple other Mustang forums. Maybe they figured out a way to do it at home.

However, if anyone would know, it's TeeLew.
For the stock controller, you're correct. The dealer does it, but there *might* be a function in Forscan?

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
For the stock controller, you're correct. The dealer does it, but there *might* be a function in Forscan?
I can take a look through my Forscan, been a while since I have though.
Sponsored