Sponsored

Factory Adjustable Strut Top Mounts (Camber Plates) - Part No?

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I can't wait to see the gurney - mine is mounted too.
BTW - as soon as we can get some length info on those T20's I say we should try to find some tamproof (tamper proof) screws - keep the honest people honest. I'm sure there is a McMaster-Carr solution or security screw suppliers. Something just slightly exotic enough that a scumbag with a T20 torx driver doesn't reward himself with a prize wicker.

Back to the plate part of the handling pkg.
So, I reached out to FP and got Kyle who I've spoken to many a time - helpful guy. FYI - he has not forgotten your inquiry - I mentioned we were sharing information here which made him happy. That he had already been digging into the topic for you helped him answer me.
He sent me the assembly pdf knowing I’m a techie who will try to help diagnose this with the installing techs & dealership. I only wish I had unboxed these to see their construction before they got installed - that would have helped me understand or at least feel 100% right about his assertion the following:

• Kyle said there should be no noise or other ride NVH effects in using the OEM Ford Performance 2019 GT350 dealer installed optional adjustable strut plates.
Good - that confirms what some others here are reporting. I believe he also said:
  • the design of this option is built on-top of what already there so it does not replace any components with ones that are less compliant or metal or doing anything that should effect ride or noise.
I repeated that back in an email to make sure - its the one part that if I saw the new mounts I'd know for sure if this was logical. Sure some of the suspended parts like the upper spring seat are retained & built upon but I think the retainer bearing that the strut rod passes though and is attached to and how that is bearing is surrounded is relevant to compliance and NVH.
  • We concluded with noise suggests there is some other problem.
I'm hopeful for this to be true over that of a design compromise. Again that others do not notice a noise problem or change is valuable context

Next for me - I will suggest my dealer or his tech talk to FP directly - i assume they have some sort of hotline support.
Will share more as things discussed & tried.
I still have mine in the box because honestly I did not want the dealer to do it (I congratulate myself now for making this decision given the other issues I had). In any case, I would like to put them on and would appreciate if you could share that assembly PDF from FP you mention above.

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Are the parts in the clear plastic bag come with the kit?
Yes, they do. Contents: 4 bolts and nuts spindle to strut, 2 nuts strut shaft, 6 nuts top strut mount, 2 nuts front sway bar links to strut.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Of course, I forgot all about this...didn't get the top mounts in the trunk, either and I'm 3 hours from the selling dealer. They seemed really interested that I give them a good review when the survey comes....let's see how important that is to them.

calduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP, 2019 F-350, 1970 Mach 1, 1971 Bronco and more...
I just picked up my 350 heritage edition yesterday. Thanks to this thread, I was able to catch that the dealer had not installed the adjustable camber plates (even though sales rep was told by PDI that they did everything). They looked all over the dealership, couldn't find them and said Ford must be backlogged due to covid. So we created a "due bill" and I will have to head back for them to install/align it. Anyways, thanks much. I encourage all 350 owners (350's with the handling package) or 350R owners to confirm that they are installed via the pictures in this thread.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just picked up my 350 heritage edition yesterday. Thanks to this thread, I was able to catch that the dealer had not installed the adjustable camber plates (even though sales rep was told by PDI that they did everything). They looked all over the dealership, couldn't find them and said Ford must be backlogged due to covid. So we created a "due bill" and I will have to head back for them to install/align it. Anyways, thanks much. I encourage all 350 owners (350's with the handling package) or 350R owners to confirm that they are installed via the pictures in this thread.
Check the parts department. They are sent separately to the parts department. They get them and have no clue what they are so stick them on a shelf

calduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Trust me, I did...they looked for a while...they claimed Ford never sent it (might be delayed due to covid was their rationale). As to if that is true or not, I don't know....

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Trust me, I did...they looked for a while...they claimed Ford never sent it (might be delayed due to covid was their rationale). As to if that is true or not, I don't know....
Hmm interesting. Mine were on a shelf with just the vin number listed on the box

calduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that tip on the VIN on the box. They did find my cover which also was missing and are shipping that to me (arrives tomorrow). I asked my sales rep to look again. Anyone have a picture of the outside of the box (so my sales rep knows what to look for as clearly they don't know). I already sent him the pic's in the thread of the bolts, bag part # and plates in the box. Thanks much! Chris

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks for that tip on the VIN on the box. They did find my cover which also was missing and are shipping that to me (arrives tomorrow). I asked my sales rep to look again. Anyone have a picture of the outside of the box (so my sales rep knows what to look for as clearly they don't know). I already sent him the pic's in the thread of the bolts, bag part # and plates in the box. Thanks much! Chris
Mine was literally in a brown box taped up. The part numbers are listed in this thread somewhere, have them search for the part numbers

Sponsored

calduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I found pictures of the box (with the VIN) on some of the other threads and sent those as samples to my sales rep. We'll see what my dealer finds. Thanks again!

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I found pictures of the box (with the VIN) on some of the other threads and sent those as samples to my sales rep. We'll see what my dealer finds. Thanks again!
Don't trust your sales guy. I had to go to the parts department my self and they found it in 5 minutes when the sales guy said for 3 months "they can't find them"
Sponsored