Sponsored

Factory Adjustable Strut Top Mounts (Camber Plates) - Part No?

SharpGT33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2006 Ford GT
I drove mine for a week without the camber plates installed and didn’t notice any increase in NVH after the install.
Dealer says he will make it right and will bring it in next week. Gurney flap was in the trunk with “Track Use Only” goes on with the 4 pre-drilled T20’s. Looks super!
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Dealer says he will make it right and will bring it in next week. Gurney flap was in the trunk with “Track Use Only” goes on with the 4 pre-drilled T20’s. Looks super!
I can't wait to see the gurney - mine is mounted too.
BTW - as soon as we can get some length info on those T20's I say we should try to find some tamproof (tamper proof) screws - keep the honest people honest. I'm sure there is a McMaster-Carr solution or security screw suppliers. Something just slightly exotic enough that a scumbag with a T20 torx driver doesn't reward himself with a prize wicker.

Back to the plate part of the handling pkg.
So, I reached out to FP and got Kyle who I've spoken to many a time - helpful guy. FYI - he has not forgotten your inquiry - I mentioned we were sharing information here which made him happy. That he had already been digging into the topic for you helped him answer me.
He sent me the assembly pdf knowing I’m a techie who will try to help diagnose this with the installing techs & dealership. I only wish I had unboxed these to see their construction before they got installed - that would have helped me understand or at least feel 100% right about his assertion the following:
  • Kyle said there should be no noise or other ride NVH effects in using the OEM Ford Performance 2019 GT350 dealer installed optional adjustable strut plates.
Good - that confirms what some others here are reporting. I believe he also said:
  • the design of this option is built on-top of what already there so it does not replace any components with ones that are less compliant or metal or doing anything that should effect ride or noise.
I repeated that back in an email to make sure - its the one part that if I saw the new mounts I'd know for sure if this was logical. Sure some of the suspended parts like the upper spring seat are retained & built upon but I think the retainer bearing that the strut rod passes though and is attached to and how that is bearing is surrounded is relevant to compliance and NVH.
  • We concluded with noise suggests there is some other problem.
I'm hopeful for this to be true over that of a design compromise. Again that others do not notice a noise problem or change is valuable context

Next for me - I will suggest my dealer or his tech talk to FP directly - i assume they have some sort of hotline support.
Will share more as things discussed & tried.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I drove mine for a week without the camber plates installed and didn’t notice any increase in NVH after the install.
Thanks (name?)
Good confirmation. As for "Take it back to the dealer" its never left my local dealer - I'm supposed to take delivery on Friday and the car has been there since last Wed (paperwork from a remote ordering dealer took forever to resolve).
Anyway this is all dealer prep. - they sold me, on installation is included when it's part of the order, back in December so their responsibility is not lost on me and I know Ford pays them for this separately - just like warranted work.
They're stand up guys - I'm sure that when I tell them others report no such harshness AND that Ford Performance agrees there should be no NVH or negative ride effect then they will do what necessary. It is the GM who brought this up not me - they know I'm demanding, an engineer, that I always want details, and need to control things.

I do suspect this issue will bump my officially receiving it by a day or more (diagnosing and or parts). It figures.....Next monday marks 9 months to the day from ordering.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
If anyone has a kit not installed yet and is willing to shoot pictures or answer questions please let me know.

SharpGT33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2006 Ford GT
If anyone has a kit not installed yet and is willing to shoot pictures or answer questions please let me know.
I drove a few earlier GT350’s without the Cup 2’s or handling kit installed and expected some increase in NVH with my setup. The only thing I notice is a bit more tramlining on uneven roads to be expected considering the tire upgrade in 2019. But otherwise surprisingly serene compared to my prior GT3 on Cups. So I do believe the Handling Package does not adversely affect NVH or ride quality.

Sponsored

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have the handling package with my 2019. The plates were still in the box in the trunk. I didn't even think about it being a dealer installed item and that Ford pays them to install the stuff. Problem is the dealer is over two hours away and there is no way I would run it back down there for them to install them. I am going to reach out to the dealer though and see if they will basically pay the local Ford dealer to install them.

Needless to say I have them in a box if you need to know any information.

Here is the gurney on mine:

IMG_0675.jpeg

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I have the handling package with my 2019. The plates were still in the box in the trunk. I didn't even think about it being a dealer installed item and that Ford pays them to install the stuff. Problem is the dealer is over two hours away and there is no way I would run it back down there for them to install them. I am going to reach out to the dealer though and see if they will basically pay the local Ford dealer to install them.

Needless to say I have them in a box if you need to know any information.

Here is the gurney on mine:

IMG_0675.jpeg
Hi George,

Have you opened the box with the plates? Here's the thing I would have liked to have looked at - what material holds the strut rod bearing or bushing in place? Is metal or hopefully a more compliant & stock like dense rubber puck that would cushion while holding and centering the bushing? Since the strut rod gets nutted to that then its the last way vibration could possibly couple to the topmost plate and then the shock towers etc. If I saw rubber there similar to what is in the stock upper strut mounts have then I'd think any NVH is due to some sort of installation error.

For yours - Talk to Ford Performance - I would bet that Ford reimburses the dealer to install so it may not matter which one (not so different from warranty repairs)....but I'm just guessing. It can't hurt to ask or try your idea.

p.s. Car looks stunning!

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hi George,

Have you opened the box with the plates? Here's the thing I would have liked to have looked at - what material holds the strut rod bearing or bushing in place? Is metal or hopefully a more compliant & stock like dense rubber puck that would cushion while holding and centering the bushing? Since the strut rod gets nutted to that then its the last way vibration could possibly couple to the topmost plate and then the shock towers etc. If I saw rubber there similar to what is in the stock upper strut mounts have then I'd think any NVH is due to some sort of installation error.

For yours - Talk to Ford Performance - I would bet that Ford reimburses the dealer to install so it may not matter which one (not so different from warranty repairs)....but I'm just guessing. It can't hurt to ask or try your idea.

p.s. Car looks stunning!
I will take some up close pics and see if I can't scan the directions when I get home tonight. I did send a message to my salesperson at the dealership and she said I can take it anywhere I want and they shouldn't charge me and if they do send the receipt to them and they will take care of it.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I will take some up close pics and see if I can't scan the directions when I get home tonight. I did send a message to my salesperson at the dealership and she said I can take it anywhere I want and they shouldn't charge me and if they do send the receipt to them and they will take care of it.
Pictures & your observations would be super - Thanks!
I will PM you the directions from Ford Performance so that you don't have to scan them.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
So im assuming that since my gurney flap was in the trunk with ‘’track use only’’ they didnt install the adjustable caster camber plates

Sponsored

Cobraking00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra
Any update on what these look like. I just picked up a ‘19 350r and my dealer said they were already installed but I can’t tell.

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Any update on what these look like. I just picked up a ‘19 350r and my dealer said they were already installed but I can’t tell.
Here are the pics I took of my camber plates a while back since they were still NIB in the trunk when I got the car.
IMG_0717.JPEG
IMG_0718.JPEG
IMG_0719.JPEG
IMG_0720.JPEG
IMG_0721.JPEG

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
When you look through your strut tower, if you see notches, they are not installed.

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
IMG_4335[1].JPG
When you look through your strut tower, if you see notches, they are not installed.
I just purchased a 2019 R at the end of last month which I discovered did not have shipping blocks removed and front spoiler not correctly installed. I now suspect that the adjustable strut mounts were also not installed. Could someone verify if they were installed from the attached picture. My local dealer tech told my service manager they were, I don't see it.