Sponsored

2020 R Adjustable Strut Top Mounts

nefyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP
I have been browsing through various threads regarding delivery and inspection of the GT350. As with others on this forum, I am rather particular in regards to how my cars are prepped and who works on them.

One topic in particular I want to address is the Adjustable Strut Top Mounts. The information on these has varied over time, and I was hoping that someone could clarify one thing:

On the order sheet for the 2020's, it shows the commonly accepted information that the Strut Top Mounts are shipped separately to and installed by the dealer

non r.PNG

However, it shows that they are installed at the plant on the R's

r.PNG

Can anyone with a 2020 R confirm that these were installed prior to arriving at the dealer, and are not shipped separately from the vehicle?
Sponsored

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Coupe V6, 2020 GT350R
Nefyre,
I know that you probably got your answer already as this is an old post, but check your window sticker. If your 20R was one that was built later in the year like mine was, it will be installed from the factory. The window sticker on the "Included on this Vehicle" portion under "Equipment Group 920A", will reflect ADJ Strut Mounts. If it has Dealer Installed Accessory (DIA) next to it then the dealer has to install it and should be sitting in the parts department. If it has nothing next to it, then they should have been installed from the factory.

Last edited:

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
I am confirming the above post.

In 2020, the factory began installing them. Prior to that, it was noted on the sticker as "dealer installed accessory".

Dawgman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
My 20 Rā€™s were installed at factory. I contacted Ford Performance and the person I spoke to didnā€˜t know why they were installed at factory on the R, yet dealer installed on non-Rā€™s. Makes no sense to me because to install them after production, I understand front struts need to be removed. Could easily be installed in production.

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
Great info. Iā€™ll check my new R.

thanks,
d.
Sponsored