Sponsored

Engine died - replaced fast!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Quiet a difference from the treatment that regular Mustang owners receive. A new engine in a week vs a half ass rebuild taking months.
Oh, don't worry, there's been several GT350 owners who have had that experience as well.

Sounds like the OP has an awesome dealer, which can really make all the difference in these types of situations. Hopefully the new engine will work out better than the previous.

-T
Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Most of the failures I have seen have been on motors under 10,000mi. Has any failed beyond that?
Sounds similar to BMW S65 engine in E92 M3. Stock engines failing early, or not failing at all. In that case, it's my opinion that the rod bearing clearances were too tight, and the early engine failures were caused by tolerance stacking (all parts within tolerance spec, but a fatal combination when the tolerances all stacked towards the tighter clearances).

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Glad I ran across this post. I live in Lawrenceville, GA and your dealership is only an hour away from me. Currently, my GT350 is at Ford Mall of Georgia and it's been there since September 14th (17 days and counting). The dealership just told me today that the engine's rod bearings are locked up and it also fried the starter as well. May reach out to your dealership tomorrow to see if they could provide any assistance to mine since we seem to have had the same issue.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Glad I ran across this post. I live in Lawrenceville, GA and your dealership is only an hour away from me. Currently, my GT350 is at Ford Mall of Georgia and it's been there since September 14th (17 days and counting). The dealership just told me today that the engine's rod bearings are locked up and it also fried the starter as well. May reach out to your dealership tomorrow to see if they could provide any assistance to mine since we seem to have had the same issue.
Keep us updated on the outcome. May be an uphill battle with your car.

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
Just picked up mine also, about a week turn around time once diagnosed and cleared by Ford. Did they offer any kind of extended warranty? I am currently arguing with Ford over this matter.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Keep us updated on the outcome. May be an uphill battle with your car.
Agreed. So far the dealership seems very helpful and responsive, but many people in the community know my issues that I've had with this car. Hoping to get this new engine in it and get the car off my hands now.

Just picked up mine also, about a week turn around time once diagnosed and cleared by Ford. Did they offer any kind of extended warranty? I am currently arguing with Ford over this matter.
Curious about this as well. Ford gave me a complimentary extended warranty when they replaced my transmission and now I've only got about 10k miles until 75k miles. If I can't get anything with the new engine, I'll probably take it up the street for a test drive and right back to the dealership for trade in. I've had more issues with my car than any other owner on the planet.

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford pretty much said since I have an extended warranty and the motor replacement fell under the power train warranty, the motor is only covered for the duration of my extended warranty 2 years 24k miles.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Ford pretty much said since I have an extended warranty and the motor replacement fell under the power train warranty, the motor is only covered for the duration of my extended warranty 2 years 24k miles.
Very good to know. That just made my decision to get rid of this car much easier once I get it back. I currently have 10 documented warranty repairs, with this one being the 11th. Can't risk keeping this thing out of the warranty period. Should have been considered a lemon a long time ago.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Yesterday I ran across this YouTube recent video of another GT350 with a rod knock that sounds like it is coming from #6 cylinder also. Crap!!! The hits just keep on coming.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Im still waiting to see if the Gen 2 is more reliable

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Oh man, sorry that happened to your GT350, Alton. Here’s to a quick fix to your satisfaction and not taking a bath on the flipside..
Sponsored