Engine died at idle no start

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
If you really want to know what their position is, contact a lemon law advisor in your state. But it would appear you need to 1st cross the threshold of day out of service.
Sponsored

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you really want to know what their position is, contact a lemon law advisor in your state. But it would appear you need to 1st cross the threshold of day out of service.
It's already 5 days beyond that.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Then if you want to pursue the Buy Back, get your state Lemon Law ombudsman engaged. I do not know what state regulation Ford is referring to and your best interest are not likely theirs. Nearly every Buy Back or Lemon Law case I ever read about would not have happened without a state advocate engaged on behalf of the consumer.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Well they have been sending out flyers trying to get people to come in for service and will even come to your house to get your car, service it and bring it back...so I don’t think they can cite Covid as a reason why. It’s probably because they have the new motor ready to go in now, sans a few little bolts and gaskets.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Then if you want to pursue the Buy Back, get your state Lemon Law ombudsman engaged. I do not know what state regulation Ford is referring to and your best interest are not likely theirs. Nearly every Buy Back or Lemon Law case I ever read about would not have happened without a state advocate engaged on behalf of the consumer.
Wanted to let everyone one know this is not the experience I had with Ford. They bought back my 2017 for a small but reoccurring problem. The code was engine took to long to warm up. Otherwise it was a great car. We tracked it, ran it pretty good and enjoyed car shows and drives with club members. If it was a used car I would not have worried about it. But they bought it back and I picked up a nice 2019. No issues or complaints.

Sponsored

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Service manager sent an update that the work should be completed and ready for pickup Monday (think that makes 41 days in the shop).

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
So don’t leave the dealership till you opened the hood and carefully looked it all over, look at all the clamps and connectors as well as the engine bay paint. Do a thorough inspection as it sits there before you start it. They did a good job on mine but I did have to reposition two hose clamps properly. Others have had loose connectors.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So don’t leave the dealership till you opened the hood and carefully looked it all over, look at all the clamps and connectors as well as the engine bay paint. Do a thorough inspection as it sits there before you start it. They did a good job on mine but I did have to reposition two hose clamps properly. Others have had loose connectors.
Yea, not looking forward to that part :(

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Regional CSR shot me an email today and said they're waiting on another part that should arrive on July 24th. It has now been sitting at Ford for 41 days and the 24th would make it 52. Way to go, Ford...

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Regional CSR shot me an email today and said they're waiting on another part that should arrive on July 24th. It has now been sitting at Ford for 41 days and the 24th would make it 52. Way to go, Ford...
Ugg. What’s the part?

Wouldn’t surprise me if the dealership’s parts dept or ANWBL had it in stock and could get it to them well before the 24th..

Sponsored
OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ugg. What’s the part?

Wouldn’t surprise me if the dealership’s parts dept or ANWBL had it in stock and could get it to them well before the 24th..
Regional CSR said she had it expedited. They also wouldnt provide a response the why the buy back was denied (she stated it is just a yes or no decision on her end).

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I opened a case with the BBB Auto Line today against Ford Motor Corporation; hopefully we can come to an acceptable agreement out of court but if not, I'm prepared to see it all the way through. I also went down to the dealership to check out the progress on the car and to see what went wrong with K5550933 (RIP). The car looks great considering; Bayside Ford appears to be really trying to keep everything in good condition so I'm super thankful for that. It seems the Regional CSR was mistaken when she relayed the info regarding parts availability because everything they need is already there. The new engine is in the car and the engine was actually fired up last night apparently. The tech stated there were a few things to button up along with topping off the fluids. I expect it will be finished by Thursday (knock on wood).

As for the failure, it was due to the #7 intake valve.
50113004253_9bf9590a2a_h.jpg

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I opened a case with the BBB Auto Line today against Ford Motor Corporation; hopefully we can come to an acceptable agreement out of court but if not, I'm prepared to see it all the way through. I also went down to the dealership to check out the progress on the car and to see what went wrong with K5550933 (RIP). The car looks great considering; Bayside Ford appears to be really trying to keep everything in good condition so I'm super thankful for that. It seems the Regional CSR was mistaken when she relayed the info regarding parts availability because everything they need is already there. The new engine is in the car and the engine was actually fired up last night apparently. The tech stated there were a few things to button up along with topping off the fluids. I expect it will be finished by Thursday (knock on wood).

As for the failure, it was due to the #7 intake valve.
50113004253_9bf9590a2a_h.jpg
Dam- another swallowed valve !

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
App shows the car was driven 9 miles today so I guess that's a good sign.
Sponsored