Sponsored

If Engine Replaced, Did You Keep Original Engine?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I think these guys are talking about the Voodoo engine in the GT350 and not the Coyote engine in the GT. I don't remember hearing about many Coyote engine replacements.
Between my friend and mine (17 Gt) we are at 3 new engines replaced under warranty....ok, we track them 😂
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
it aint a keychain man why would they let you keep it?

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I guess my dealer made a mistake. I bought mine back for 100 bucks never heard a peep out of them the tech that loaded it in the back of the truck said he was hoping to swoop it up. thanks to Honeybadger we matched up an identical connecting rod now fully assembled and its sitting on an engine stand waiting to move into my 92 notchback

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I guess my dealer made a mistake. I bought mine back for 100 bucks never heard a peep out of them the tech that loaded it in the back of the truck said he was hoping to swoop it up. thanks to Honeybadger we matched up an identical connecting rod now fully assembled and its sitting on an engine stand waiting to move into my 92 notchback
Nice ... will be following.
I too have a couple of spares and had been considering throwing one in a Fox .

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Between my friend and mine (17 Gt) we are at 3 new engines replaced under warranty....ok, we track them 😂
Hello; I have been following threads about Mustang V8's and engine failures. Mostly interested in late model Coyote V8's since my plan was to buy new. When I ask about things such as timing chain tensioners or the plasma cylinder linings I have been told these failures are about the Voodoo engine.
Were your and your friends engines Coyote?

Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Nice ... will be following.
I too have a couple of spares and had been considering throwing one in a Fox .
seen one done to an 88 gt and it was straight piped. it sounded like a rice rocket. I will do every thing in my power to make it not sound like that

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
seen one done to an 88 gt and it was straight piped. it sounded like a rice rocket. I will do every thing in my power to make it not sound like that
This one right?

And I agree, it sounds pretty damn bad. Amazing build though. The engine started making some ugly noises so he's pulling it and throwing a Coyote in there now.

There's also this one but not much info on it. This sounds a little better but I would do whatever it takes to make it sound like it does in our GT350s.

atomicpunk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I had the engine replaced in my 2020 Mustang GT under warranty and asked if I could have the bad engine, they said no they had to send it back to Ford to do a failure analysis. I tried.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Any parts replaced under warranty become the property of the manufacturer, at the time of replacement. They own it, you do not. It probably states something very similar in the warranty manual. This is not exclusive to Ford.
Sponsored