Sponsored

EB VS NISMO 370Z

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't say so. The majority are tires, IC, exhaust, intake, tune. Some run meth, some don't.

IC - 500
Exhaust - 1000
Intake - 300
Tune - 500

Tires are on any real drag car, so that's cost neutral to any other serious drag car.
uh my exhaust was 199 cause I am a cheap bastard my intake was 199 as well just saying :)
Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So why were you mad at my joke smart guy? Yours was funny. my joke just petty? HMMmmmmm
I thought it was funny, but I have seen you other posts so I sorta know your sense of humor..... your gt is still slow though.....just saying :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I thought it was funny, but I have seen you other posts so I sorta know your sense of humor..... your gt is still slow though.....just saying :)
My GT runs 9.3@150. You mean my wife's GT is slow.:D

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
uh my exhaust was 199 cause I am a cheap bastard my intake was 199 as well just saying :)
Even better. Point is, isn't too expensive to get the EB dipping into the 11s. Just need to know how to drive and launch.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Seems the one doings low 12s or high 11s have more than a little in upgrades?
FMIC, exhaust, tune. Not ground breaking. You can say I needed tires to do it, but anyone worth their shit knows you need good tires. Hell, I'm going to be running the DR's on the street.

And it takes a $120K Porsche and a $200K Ferrari to beat that EcoBoost too. Which would you rather drive? It isn't always about speed for budget. Not everyone will take pride being in the cheapest car they can get to go fast. And we haven't even touched reliability of taking a car that normally turns 14 second quarters and tweaking it to run over 2 seconds faster.
It's called a challenge. I don't expect to have a car that runs the nuts off every car on the street or track. I personally thought it would be fun to mess with a new platform, with a new motor, and be in the mix of fresh development. It's fun for people like me who have build stupid fast V8 cars. I already know the recipe there, the Coyote has been out for years, it's a known platform. The new 2.3L breaks new ground almost weekly.

That...... Or we made better life decisions than you and can actually afford what we really want. You mod your little engines into the 11s. We mod ours into the 9s and don't have to say would you like to super size that at our jobs.:D;)
Hey, I only ask if they want to supersize it if they are hot, then I point at my junk:D

Where have you guys been seeing EcoBoosts doing 11-second quarters again? I did a search just to see what they're doing and get an idea if there are going to be reliability issues with them (to go along with their loss of warranty) and found this:

So where are these 11-second quarter miles on EcoBoosts with $500 tunes (or even 3K of mods and tunes) that we've been hearing about in this thread?
You're not very good at trolling. Either way, reliability issues? Please. My car drives, acts, and is just as reliable now as it was the day I drove it off the lot. It's just faster. I would say it's more reliable now than it was before as there has been eyes on the tune to verify it is kosher. The reliability argument is played out and is only plausible with dumb people doing dumb things.

If I needed to spend 3K to go 11's I would have just bought a GT, put a TVS on it, and ran 10's.

My GT runs 9.3@150. You mean my wife's GT is slow.:D
9.3? What about that little .3?:D

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Loss of warranty? Are you serious? I bet that twin turbo Z you posted about has full factory warranty and excellent reliability :lol:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
How the hell did you manage that? Those are awesome prices!

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I have recently driven the EB, GTPP and yesterday had a brand new 2016 370z Nismo out all day on a test drive. I have to say the Z is a really fun car, really has a lot of traits like our old 240z, little raw, true sports car The GTPP is fast as all get out and I really like that car. The EB was very cool also but didn't have the overall package that me personally was looking for. The 370z on the street at least is no slouch, I honestly couldn't tell what car is faster, of course I'm not driving them back to back in the same day. Speed wise the Z IMHO and seat of pants driving is closer to the GTPP than the EB, we are talking true stock form. When it comes to handling, and I drove it pretty aggressive in some really tight twistys here in Colorado, I think out of the box the Z is the better handling car. Now don't flame me, this is just a real world seat of the pants drive. I personally wouldn't buy the EB, but I'm torn between the Z and the GTPP, the Z to me is the truer definition of a sports car. None of them are bad cars, and it is all personal. The fit and finish in the Z is head and shoulders over the GTPP, but I can live with a few things on the GT for the price. I don't know about tracks and could see me doing a track day or two a year but honestly I couldnt tell you what car would be more fun on the track the Z or the GTPP, or which would be faster, guess the track setup would be the determining factor. It I wanted to spend the money I would buy the Cayman S over all of them. I'm just looking for a fun car to drive when the sun is out.

But one thing I found out and is my personal opinion is that the Z and the Mustang are two totally different cars and the more I tried to compare them the more I found that out. I think they offer two totaly different driving experiences.

Ok sorry for the novel.

jcasti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT Premium
Coming from a '12 nismo, i can say that my GT is definitely quicker, but honestly... not by as much as i thought it would be
Now i havent driven an ecoboost, but i would have to say that I'd have more confidence in my nismo. I'd be interested to see what the outcome would be.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Dollar for dollar I'll take the GTPP and with money difference over the NISMO Z buy a good CAI/exhaust/tune and a few suspension upgrades.
Sponsored