Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2015 Nissan 370Z NISMO

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
370z is priced to high. Aftermarket for those cars is also garbage. To much money for little hp gains
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Rolled up on a 370Z today (an automatic). He looks over, I look over, light turns green and he's off. At the next stop light he rolls down his window and says, "I thought you were gonna run". I replied, "Elephants don't swat flies".
Did you really say that exact phase? We need to get your some better one liners.

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
370z is priced to high. Aftermarket for those cars is also garbage. To much money for little hp gains
Yeah, my buddy found that out when he started trying to mod his g37...those VQ motors are already maxed from the factory...with intakes and a tune he was talking about something like 7rwhp gain...yikes...

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

haha I had to.

But seriously, you've never heard people say things like "Gay, Slow, Can't handle for shit, Idiots who should of bought a real car", "he is probably going to burn out and crash like all the other mustang owners", etc.

I have heard a ton of people bash on the mustang and it's owners. In fact I would probably say its right up there with honda owners (In terms of being bashed the most).
Dude. Seriously.

Just stop.

It's ok to be proud of your car.

And the Mustang gets a ton of underserved bashing from the import crowd.

Not only that, but a lot of elephant owners have swatted a ton of fly owners.

So maybe some people just don't like losing. Lol

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
The hate inside the enthusiast world is the same through out. Every one thinks the car that they drive is the best. Hell, you see it go on from one mustang owner to another. Look at all the ppl that bash the v6 and the ecoboost. A car is a car and to its owner it is sometimes more than simply a means for transportation. I know objectively the Corvette performs better than my 5.0 but its my car and I love it for the reasons that make it different from a Vette.

Sponsored

Hawk296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT PP
I do not own a mustang yet, but am seriously considering a gtpp in the next 12 months. I have driven 2 different manual trans 2015s with performance pack. A good friend of mine owns a nismo 370z that I have driven on the street and on the track.

No doubt about it, the mustang has more power and more speed, but not THAT much more speed. The mustang (performance pack) is also softer and does not handle anywhere near the level as the nismo out of the box. The mustang is still running a macpherson front suspension while the Nissan has a double wishbone. The mustang is much more tame and a much better daily driver. The Nissan is an enthusiasts car. Very little creature comforts or options on the inside, Loud harsh ride but it's a brilliant car on the track and a blast to drive.

The Nissan engine is really cool sounding, but honestly could use a bit more power than the 350hp is comes with. It's deceptively quick as you don't get a huge rush of torque, but it does make decent power as you wind it out. It is also known for absurd oil temps when you push it.

they really are two different beasts. If I only had one car, it would be the mustang as it's much more comfortable and drive able every day. If I already had a daily and was looking for a second car to take to the track or the twisty roads on a nice day, I may lean towards the Z. The thing that really hurts the Z is the price. It's just really hard to justify it for that price.

When you get down to it, I'm looking at buying a mustang and not a nismo 370. It's just a better bang for the buck.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Well......

I am moving from a Nismo to a Mustang, hope this Mustang thing is as good as some say and not as bad as others say!

To the chap that said there was a lack of equipment ^^there somewhere, it's got more than enough, really has, and to the other less informed chap who reckons the engine is maxed from the factory and little gains can be made, mate, there are TTs and supercharger kits out there that will open it up to 5-600HP and more.

But it's a different class of car, 2 seater GT (for the hard of thinking GT actually means Grand Tourer), it's not even an out and out sports car.

It will give many, more powerful cars a run for their money on a track and on the old twisties, it's well balanced.

It's not without its faults though, biggest is its weight, it's a heavy mofo!

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
I loved my 300zx TT but Nissan hasn't made anything like that since, or even something like the 240/260/280z. They should've left the Z car name in the ground.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Its always funny cross reading threads like these when you own both cars, especially when both are pretty modified (you aren't defensive over how poor they perform stock). There was an opposite thread to this on the Z forum where I played devils advocate.

Both these cars leave the factory in a sorry-ass state, having been watered-down for the masses. These types of mid-level affordable sports cars are compromise-city, achieving no where near their built-in potential by the time they leave the factory with their nads chopped off.

You guys already know not to expect the 6 cylinder Z to make the power that the Mustang does. But if you want to level the playing field and really see what the cars are capable of, boost them BOTH.

Thats what I did, and so far, my Z pulls harder with about equal work done to it.

Stock for stock its difficult to compare them since they were aiming at different targets in their design and compromises, but sure you can still put them up against one another, like a Bear versus a Lion it doesnt usually happen in the real world but its interesting to think about.

I have a feeling if you put them on a road course (both with typical bolt-ons and wheels/tires) the 370z is going to eat up the Mustang GT PP. The mustang will obviously win at the drag strip.

Anyways, I am just playing devils advocate here. I obviously love the shit out of my Mustang or I wouldnt be throwing all this money at it.

But honestly one of the greatest things about having a fast 370z is how much *everyone* underestimates that car. I have handed so many cars their ass with that 370z, and I can know without guessing that none of them expected it. Oh, and whoever said they are unstable at high speed is nuts. The 370z (at least with good tires on it), is possibly the most rock solid car I have driven.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Its always funny cross reading threads like these when you own both cars, especially when both are pretty modified (you aren't defensive over how poor they perform stock). There was an opposite thread to this on the Z forum where I played devils advocate.

Both these cars leave the factory in a sorry-ass state, having been watered-down for the masses. These types of mid-level affordable sports cars are compromise-city, achieving no where near their built-in potential by the time they leave the factory with their nads chopped off.

You guys already know not to expect the 6 cylinder Z to make the power that the Mustang does. But if you want to level the playing field and really see what the cars are capable of, boost them BOTH.

Thats what I did, and so far, my Z pulls harder with about equal work done to it.

Stock for stock its difficult to compare them since they were aiming at different targets in their design and compromises, but sure you can still put them up against one another, like a Bear versus a Lion it doesnt usually happen in the real world but its interesting to think about.

I have a feeling if you put them on a road course (both with typical bolt-ons and wheels/tires) the 370z is going to eat up the Mustang GT PP. The mustang will obviously win at the drag strip.

Anyways, I am just playing devils advocate here. I obviously love the shit out of my Mustang or I wouldnt be throwing all this money at it.

But honestly one of the greatest things about having a fast 370z is how much *everyone* underestimates that car. I have handed so many cars their ass with that 370z, and I can know without guessing that none of them expected it. Oh, and whoever said they are unstable at high speed is nuts. The 370z (at least with good tires on it), is possibly the most rock solid car I have driven.
Just curious but what does this bad boosted Z run in the 1/4?

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Nobody knows yet, my 5 year old clutch went out in the middle of figuring that out. But I was trapping 133 and down to 11.2 before the clutch was done. Thats also banging the limiter short of the 1/4 and riding it across due to not enough time to bother shifting to 5th.
dyno671.jpg
IMG_0240.JPG

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
A boosted Z would be so much fun.

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I really wish Nissan made something more similar to the Mustang. I know the G37 is kind of in that category, but it's way underpowered and brash. If they would make a 2 door "poor mans GTR", I'd have definitely checked it out before picking the Mustang. Nissan has so much potential but just like scions FR-S and the Subaru version of it, he Chrysler crossfire, the Pontiac solstice, etc, they all fell way short of what most people were expecting of them. It's sad how limited Japanese offerings for powerful 2 door cars is anymore.
(Edit, the FR-S was made to be more of a Miata competitor)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nobody knows yet, my 5 year old clutch went out in the middle of figuring that out. But I was trapping 133 and down to 11.2 before the clutch was done. Thats also banging the limiter short of the 1/4 and riding it across due to not enough time to bother shifting to 5th.
Eghhh stick shift car. Brutal for drag racing. The trap speed is 10.5-10.8 on a health drive train. All I can say is thank god for trans brakes and automatics at the strip. Sounds like a pretty cool set up.
Sponsored