Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
Looking forward to giving the Mustang a test drive. I'd like to go to V8 power and get some comfort. The 3800 lb curb weight is a HUGE turn off though.
I'm not sure looking at it as a turnoff is the right approach... it sours the idea before getting acquainted.

Consider the positives here. It's clearly larger than the 370 and that will help add comfort and the ability to move 4 people at the same time. Besides, the Mustang generally spanks the 370 ... often for less coin.

This stuff comes down to several perspectives in my view. If you really want a 370, you're not likely looking at the Mustang and ... the other way around. Pricing and other commonalities aside, these are just cars most people don't cross shop. It may seem odd to some, but I'd cross shop the G37S against the Mustang instead.
Sponsored

mustanghobo

Threads
Reaction score
I'm no longer in the market for the mustang, but IMO the 2 cars really are incomparable.

Besides pricing, I don't know why someone would want less seats, less interior room, less power than the mustang gt.

You can argue all day about the z cars "superior" handling, but at the end of the day, the gt is going to spank the z 9 times out of 10, the 1 being when the mustang driver tried shifting whilst eating a buritto.

I could maybe agree that the z car looks a bit sharper, but do you want a car that looks good but isn't very functional and slow?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Besides pricing, I don't know why someone would want less seats, less interior room, less power than the mustang gt.
I'm the exact opposite.
I don't understand why someone would want more than 2 seats in a sports car. More room is more weight, which is poorer braking/turning/etc.

In my 65 fastback, I've raised the back seats maybe 10 times in the last 20 years? I would rather the car be smaller and lighter(with the same power).

That said, the more I read up on the 370, the more is seems half-baked. It's obvious(based on the various major issues it has) that the people who designed the car never spent 1 day on the track, or even 1 day driving it hard. If they did, it wouldn't have brake failure issues. It wouldn't have engine overheating issues, etc, etc. And as such, it's hard to take the 370 seriously.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I'm the exact opposite.
I don't understand why someone would want more than 2 seats in a sports car. More room is more weight, which is poorer braking/turning/etc.

In my 65 fastback, I've raised the back seats maybe 10 times in the last 20 years? I would rather the car be smaller and lighter(with the same power).

That said, the more I read up on the 370, the more is seems half-baked. It's obvious(based on the various major issues it has) that the people who designed the car never spent 1 day on the track, or even 1 day driving it hard. If they did, it wouldn't have brake failure issues. It wouldn't have engine overheating issues, etc, etc. And as such, it's hard to take the 370 seriously.

My reason for wanting the larger car is since I drive in houston on the highways on a daily basis, I want to be in a car that is big enough to be seen. The 370z isn't a small car by any means but I don't know how safe I would feel around the monster trucks on the highway here. I feel safe in the mustang as it is large enough I feel people will notice me and not run me over.

Others on this site like the larger
Mustang for the back seats as they have kids yet don't want to get a sport sedan and I feel that is a good reason as well. I personally want the gt350 with a rear seat delete but that's just me :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Is this for EB also? And now that the numbers are out. Can the EB keep up with the 370z now you think?

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
There's little chance the EB will run alongside the 370Z in a short term sense. If any does, it will be the performance package and that may do very well on track day.
Sponsored