The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
My engine revved this morning...I drove the damn thing! Actually gave it a little extra leaving the neighborhood so totally stupid, dbag, rude, child like, and non adult could fit there maybe. Really, it's Friday and my neighbors like to hear the car and they're up earlier than I am. And who cares? I'm not racing down the street all night/morning keeping anyone up. Not playing a drum set in your bedroom. It's a road, cars make noise, get over it.
Since my car is in an underground garage I really get to hear the cold starts with an echo. I also will randomly nail it for a moment on my way out at 6 AM which is super loud. In the back of my mind I like to think I just helped wake everyone else in the garage who were still half asleep. :giggle:

Last edited:

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I will always give a quick wave at fellow strangers, whether EB or GT.. shelby's etc.. this was huge for us Foxbody guys, sortve like the JEEP wave.
Anthony

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Uhhhhh…..you forgot to include an option for voting:

“I can’t do that, I’m in the A10 crowd”

:wink:
Hmmm…. In my GT500 with the DCT, if I hold both paddles in it out the trans in neutral for as long as you hold- you then can give it a rev. Does the A10 not do that?

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Hmmm…. In my GT500 with the DCT, if I hold both paddles in it out the trans in neutral for as long as you hold- you then can give it a rev. Does the A10 not do that?
Nope, not with the A10. I tried :-)

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Straight forward. I noticed Ecoboosts won't look at me but the GT guys will with a smile included or sometimes laughter.

I even reved at a hell cat once. He was pretty stoked and even reved back at me. All in good fun, as it should be.
Sorta the opposite with me. I was given, and have therefore applied to my bumper, notes of the various enhancements I've made to my 2015 GT, including supercharging (enough to get me to 600 WHP), and I am amazed how often some idiot driving some obviously inferior vehicle (usually with all sorts of stripes and preposterous spoilers) will rev at me - even when they pull up and are able to see my various stickers.

I mark this down as automotive ignorance, and ignore them. If I can see them (which is often since my GT is a convertible), I shake my head in that, "are you really that stupid?" mode.

Then there is the same type of driver who will try to show off at traffic circles, etc., nearly killing themselves.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
The new Audi E Tron sounds like a vacuum cleaner -when you push the gas down to rev it it’s sucks up all the dirt on the road like one of those vacuum mounted trucks 😛. Oops... apologies for slightly changing the flavor of this thread and I’ll return you to our regular scheduled program .

To answer the question: Do I rev? Heck yes! You do see my license plate ?

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If an Ecoboost revs next to a GT does it make a sound? :D

Which makes me wonder how many Ecoboost drivers sit at the light revving thinking that it sounds outside like what they're hearing through the sound enhancement inside. EB driver so I'm allowed to ask these questions.

I only rev on downshifts but that's to make A10 drivers feel inadequate. :D

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Only times I’ve revved at another mustang is if they have an exhaust that sounds good and I want to hear more, which is like 2 or 3 times in 6 years.

I don’t trust most of yall to launch a car in a straight line so no street racing. Couple days ago a Dodge wanted to race and pulled into the lane next to me at the last second so we would both be at the front of the light next to each other. Moron forgot to straighten his wheel after moving over one lane, would have been an immediate disaster.

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I see it the same way. Part of me feels bad because some of the revving is just in good nature but it's hard for me to not view it as someone being "a dbag."

I actually think other Mustang owners, by me, are more obnoxious than the chargers and camaros. Some of these guys drive like the teenage civic crowd where they like to blow by you, to show off, only to have to slam on the brakes to avoid rear ending traffic. Actually, I just had a CTS V drive that way the other day so there's that.
Really? Where I live (Loveland, CO) it is usually stupid, small "wanna be sports cars" with lots of stripes, vents with no apparent function, and spoilers mounted two feet in the air. If they knew anything about cars, they would realize what a stupid thing that is to do. Then there are the "big ass trucks" that think that all their HP translates into acceleration. I usually ignore them, but sometimes I just can't help myself...
Sponsored