Do you rev at other Mustangs?

Do you rev at other Mustangs?

• Total voters

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Seems kind of juvenile, like you're trying to impress someone. And street racing ain't cool.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
1634937245184.jpeg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Really? Where I live (Loveland, CO) it is usually stupid, small "wanna be sports cars" with lots of stripes, vents with no apparent function, and spoilers mounted two feet in the air. If they knew anything about cars, they would realize what a stupid thing that is to do. Then there are the "big ass trucks" that think that all their HP translates into acceleration. I usually ignore them, but sometimes I just can't help myself...
Oh no don't get me wrong, those exist. I'm just never on the road when the highschoolers are. I wish I was joking about the Mustangs but it seems whoever graduates from a civic EX wants a high revving sports car. There's at least two by me that have their youtube channel stickered to the back window and drive around like assholes.

And I'm with you on the trucks. I also try not to give them the time of day but... alas. Sometimes I really think I'm missing something. I'm well aware some of those new trucks and SUVs are utter monsters in a straight line but it's never those ones that bug ya. It's always the toyotas or older fords and dodges. So I sometimes wonder if they're not trying to win, but literally just trying to be annoying as all f***.

Btw the name a Zelda reference?

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Revving at someone is a D-bag type of thing to do. A lot of guys in Dodges rev at me. I just ignore them until an open section of road then give them the juice if the conditions permit.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
The other night at a shopping center I was getting in my car and a black mustang a few rows away gave me a rev before he left. Cool. But not on the road.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Had a 2013 or 2014 V6 s197 with cat delete, resonator delete, muffler delete revving like a madman while I was minding my own business at a stop light. I rolled down my passenger window, he rolled down his drivers window with a big stupid smile on his face and i said, " I think there's a dog around here with explosive diarrhea. " He legit looked around before it clicked in. True story. Haha.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Had a 2013 or 2014 V6 s197 with cat delete, resonator delete, muffler delete revving like a madman while I was minding my own business at a stop light. I rolled down my passenger window, he rolled down his drivers window with a big stupid smile on his face and i said, " I think there's a dog around here with explosive diarrhea. " He legit looked around before it clicked in. True story. Haha.
Aww, that's kinda sad in a way. He just wanted to be cool and fit in with you lolol

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Oh no don't get me wrong, those exist. I'm just never on the road when the highschoolers are. I wish I was joking about the Mustangs but it seems whoever graduates from a civic EX wants a high revving sports car. There's at least two by me that have their youtube channel stickered to the back window and drive around like assholes.

And I'm with you on the trucks. I also try not to give them the time of day but... alas. Sometimes I really think I'm missing something. I'm well aware some of those new trucks and SUVs are utter monsters in a straight line but it's never those ones that bug ya. It's always the toyotas or older fords and dodges. So I sometimes wonder if they're not trying to win, but literally just trying to be annoying as all f***.

Btw the name a Zelda reference?
Colorado is one of those states with lots of big pickup trucks driven by jerks who take every opportunity to be irritating and even dangerous. Have yet to encounter one able to beat my pony, however. Again I am amazed by drivers not understanding vehicles: people will pull up at a light with windows down who can clearly hear the whine of my supercharger, but not understand what this means...

"Epona" is actually the name of the Celtic goddess of horses; I'm big into ancient history, so this was my intent. Ironically, I then found out about the "Zelda" reference, which is fine by me. Actually, I am surprised this name was not already taken in Colorado! :cool:

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Again I am amazed by drivers not understanding vehicles: people will pull up at a light with windows down who can clearly hear the whine of my supercharger, but not understand what this means...
If they know that sounds mean things, they probably think you have a loose belt.
'Cause that's what that sound would mean under their hood. 😄

...But as cars get more automated, and more accessible to idiots who don't want to pay attention to their car or the road, I think we have more and more people driving that don't realize sounds mean things.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Colorado is one of those states with lots of big pickup trucks driven by jerks who take every opportunity to be irritating and even dangerous. Have yet to encounter one able to beat my pony, however. Again I am amazed by drivers not understanding vehicles: people will pull up at a light with windows down who can clearly hear the whine of my supercharger, but not understand what this means...

"Epona" is actually the name of the Celtic goddess of horses; I'm big into ancient history, so this was my intent. Ironically, I then found out about the "Zelda" reference, which is fine by me. Actually, I am surprised this name was not already taken in Colorado! :cool:
It wasn't a pick up but an SUV. One of the Jeep grand Cherokee trackhawks. Granted I didn't launch but that sucker was already at about 40 mph before I even had the clutch in. It was absolutely nutty. But to your point with the trucks, that's why I wonder if we're just missing the point. It's pretty obvious a lot of these guys are going to lose, so why do they always try? It really makes me think that their goal is to be obnoxious. Little dick syndrome or something.

Ah, alright. I had no idea, that's cool! I'll have to look it up and educate myself. I'm actually surprised I've never heard of the goddess Epona until now.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Since I read this thread I've paid more attention to what I'm doing.

No, I'm not revving at other Mustangs, but I've found myself revving at a Challenger as a way of saying "You and your V6 can pipe down." 😁

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Today I did it for the first time. :blush:
I was in the first lane, driving relatively slowly, when a Challenger in the second lane caught up with me, revved the engine while he was just beside me, then drove on. A few seconds later, as he was maybe thirty or fourty yards ahead of me, I noticed that he slowed down a bit, waiting for me to catch up. I got alongside him, revved twice, then downshifted and stepped on it. I was in track mode. Then I slowed down, waited for him, opened the window and gave him a thumbs up, to which his passenger reciprocated. It was nice.

I like that car. Challengers may be a dime a dozen in the States, but over here they're very rare. I know this is heresy, but I must confess I like it rather more than the S550, because it is 100% American muscle, it has that raw, mean look of classic American muscle cars, as opposed to the civilized, cosmopolite look and feel of the S550. And while buying an S550 is simply a matter of stepping into the nearest Ford dealership and placing an order, a Challenger must be imported on your own, which is neither easy nor cheap. You must be really passionate about cars to go through all that trouble for a car that's quite crude by European standards. Which is why I like and respect Challenger owners. You must be a true petrolhead to own a Challenger here.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I just witnessed this a week or 2 ago:
A S197 with what sounded like straight pipes, revving at a S550 ecoboost while stopped at the red light.
It was very cringy to say the least.

The guy with the S197 is always making obnoxious noise around town. I think he's a few bricks short of a full load lol.
Sponsored