Do you rev at other Mustangs?

Do you rev at other Mustangs?

• Total voters

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Straight forward. I noticed Ecoboosts won't look at me but the GT guys will with a smile included or sometimes laughter.

I even reved at a hell cat once. He was pretty stoked and even reved back at me. All in good fun, as it should be.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Straight forward. I noticed Ecoboosts won't look at me but the GT guys will with a smile included or sometimes laughter.

I even reved at a hell cat once. He was pretty stoked and even reved back at me. All in good fun, as it should be.
I don't, as I just don't see the point, I give a thumbs up and a wave.
I have a e/b, but I do the same in my big block car.
Too many yahoo's with video camera that hear that and whip out camera/cell phone. No need to give them advanced warning that a stop light to stop light fun, might happen, so they can film it, then upload it.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't, as I just don't see the point, I give a thumbs up and a wave.
I have a e/b, but I do the same in my big block car.
Too many yahoo's with video camera that hear that and whip out camera/cell phone. No need to give them advanced warning that a stop light to stop light fun, might happen, so they can film it, then upload it.
Good advice. If I rev at someone, I will drive slow after a red light.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good advice. If I rev at someone, I will drive slow after a red light.
Here, the police, look for video of questionable driving.
Nothing like having your tom foolery uploaded for the police to issue you a driving to endanger, ex of speed,etc tickets and court date.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here, the police, look for video of questionable driving.
Nothing like having your tom foolery uploaded for the police to issue you a driving to endanger, ex of speed,etc tickets and court date.
Where I live the state constitution states that "eye witness" account is necessary. Video and speed cameras are uncredible without someone there present.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where I live the state constitution states that "eye witness" account is necessary. Video and speed cameras are uncredible without someone there present.
Good luck with that.
Electric eye is an eye witness.
The difference is the speed cameras are a still. with no was to tell speed, the way a video can. Time over distance will get ya every time. And video displays this in 4k

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Over here a police officer must either see the deed himself, or determine it using legally certified equipment (e.g. a speed camera for which a calibration certificate can be provided in court if requested, and operated by someone who is qualified to do it). A video made by John Doe with his mobile phone doesn't mean squat.

They may use that video as a starting point in their investigation and search for corroborating evidence. But unless they manage to find that evidence, they can do nothing to me. And they will only bother doing this for criminal offences, never for misdemeanors.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They may use that video as a starting point in their investigation and search for corroborating evidence. But unless they manage to find that evidence, they can do nothing to me.
Thats pretty much the way it is in KY. Unless the video operator can identify the driver and is willing to testify in court it is easily tossed.

Know your law.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I never rev at other people, be they in Mustangs or not. But I'm often in situations when my downshifts could be interpreted like that. I feel slightly bad when that happens.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Over here a police officer must either see the deed himself, or determine it using legally certified equipment (e.g. a speed camera for which a calibration certificate can be provided in court if requested, and operated by someone who is qualified to do it). A video made by John Doe with his mobile phone doesn't mean squat.

They may use that video as a starting point in their investigation and search for corroborating evidence. But unless they manage to find that evidence, they can do nothing to me. And they will only bother doing this for criminal offences, never for misdemeanors.
When you wreck, and they find a bunch of video of the driver and car driving um, questionable. It can and will be used in court. If someone got hurt or "claims" they got hurt. no need to give them ammo.
In this day and age where lawyers search facebook ,you tube ,etc for ammo in court.
I'd not bet that any video recorded and up loaded by joe blow, not coming back to haunt me, down the road.
Here in the states where you might be judged by a jury , showing video's of unsafe driving habits, can and will sway a jury, or a judge. And you never know when you might end up in a wreck even if it wasn't your doing.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No, never have, never will it's just totally stupid. Unless you're into doing cat calls to other same species...

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I rev at cars instead of using my horn. Folks texting when lights turn green is the most often occurrence.

No fun revs at sportscars for me anymore though— I voted “no.”

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I don't rev at any other car. If a Mustang revs at me, I write it off as them being a dbag...

The real dbags aren't even Mustang drivers. It's Charger drivers. Chargers do some of the most stupid things when they see my Mustang. They get triggered easily. :giggle:
Sponsored