• Total voters

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I rev when I see another mustang just to say high. Doesn’t mean I’m a d bag tho. Or if I’m in the line at McDonald’s and there just sitting at the window not working I’ll give them a rev to make em move faster.
Sponsored

RedBased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Base
Typically won't rev at other vehicles unless they rev first or ask, all in good fun of course.

But, if I'm passing another Mustang, I will give it some throttle so they can hear the Voodoo. If I was in a Mustang without the Voodoo, I'd like to hear it.
This is the only reason I will wave or slightly hit the throttle. I like hearing other people's choice of exhaust or just their unique car (GT350, GT500, Z06, ZL1, 392 or Hellcats). It sucks when people think I'm actually trying to race them. It also sucks when they are in quiet mode. You would be surprised most people don't even have modded exhaust.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No but my RevMatch does sometimes. It's embarrassing and I have to explain "I'm not with him"..."it wasn't me" :devil:🙄😝

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I don't partake in this as much as I used to many decades ago.
But , most people change out the exhaust on their ride for a louder one to hear it. And Many do it at any chance they get. Motorbike owners for the most part also fit in this outline.
If I whrrrrapp the throttle at you today, it is on like donkey kong, So I tend not to do that now, as I rather Watch the youth make the same mistakes I made decades ago. and pay the piper for those actions.
The more things change the more they stay the same.
Todays fart can, cat delete, or straight pipe, was yesterdays blown out glasspack. or that 14.99 "turbo " muffler with the 12" long case. Manual cut outs have changed to powered ones or "active" . People just want to have fun in their ride, I can't bash them for that, JUST because the vehicle of choice isn't what I'd mod up.
The guy in the 70-80's with hyjackers, n-50's glasspacks and a Kracko power booster. was just as rice as the 90-up kids with an import, or later the trucks, etc.
We all thought we were cool. Only reason for the retro looking stang is because people want to relive a time they "thought" they were cool.
Your niche isn't the be all, end all in the hypo car world.
There is room for all types, open your mind. Petro heads are petro heads no matter if it is a v12 out of touch vehicle, the run of the mill v8, or the 4 banger that stared live as a econobox.
Many of my cars started out as the same thing just a different era. That original 307 v8 Chevelle than now has SS badges and a 396-454 started out as the econobox bread and butter point a to b. unit.
same with much of what shows up at cruise events. no matter the brand. The guy that put the larger Acura engine in his Honda, was no different than me pulling the ohc inline 6, and installing a 421 v8, or the 301v8 for the 400 .
Again the more things change, the..................................

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
i was the ultimate dick the other day,,,, i revved at a mach e 🤣🤣🤣 prob triggered him and his hatred for exhaust in the atmosphere

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
i was the ultimate dick the other day,,,, i revved at a mach e 🤣🤣🤣 prob triggered him and his hatred for exhaust in the atmosphere
The sad thing is he probably revved back but who could tell?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The older you get, the less you rev
So the pole should also include the age…
Seriously, this Mustang forum, because the wide spread in cost, from a lowly 4/6 cylinders base to a GT500, has a huge variation in demographics and social economics status, and can sometimes have some quite entertaining and surprising posts

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
The older you get, the less you rev
So the pole should also include the age…
Seriously, this Mustang forum, because the wide spread in cost, from a lowly 4/6 cylinders base to a GT500, has a huge variation in demographics and social economics status, and can sometimes have some quite entertaining and surprising posts
true. i bought my 2014 3.7 back in 2014 when i was 26 and made like nothing a year at my job. now i’m 34 and i’ve got the GT of my dreams!
Sponsored