Sponsored

Coolers

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Here are those fat hoses. Now can you see why I would go -10AN and Setrab elbows next time?

8-Crowded-plumbing.jpg

Hose-routing.jpg
Don’t your sway bar make contact with the oil lines when going through the suspension travel ?
It’s already tight on mine without the water hoses and their plastic bracket on the cross member

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Depends on the track, if it's wide open there's not much to hit but there could be many things that tearup your underside including the cooler and lines. And it doesn't even have to be a big off, I could see getting only 2 wheels off and running over the rumble strips and ripping all of this off.
needs amore protected location

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Aero could be rebalanced with a bigger or 2nd splitter. But as also pointed out by someone, I agree that aero under 100mph is not really active, and the tracks we visit rarely have a 100mph turn
Yeah, for better or worse, my local tracks are a bit faster than that. the guy claims 100mph average in a race prepped civic and I tend to believe that:

WG is not much slower than Mosport either. I'm not nearly as fast, but the potential is there 😄

In any case, I'm kind of evaluating upper grille area to mount auxilarry oil cooler, mine fits pretty well there. Intending to keep the stock heat exchanger same as you, I don't have space for full size setrap 9 series cooler anyways.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
WG is not much slower than Mosport either. I'm not nearly as fast, but the potential is there 😄
Might as well throw Tramblant in that mix. Those are big-boy tracks.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Might as well throw Tramblant in that mix. Those are big-boy tracks.
I wish, but terrible noise limitations there. My mustang would get black flagged on a warmup lap :frown:. Also, for some reason track days there are quite a bit more expensive that everything else we have around.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I wish, but terrible noise limitations there. My mustang would get black flagged on a warmup lap :frown:. Also, for some reason track days there are quite a bit more expensive that everything else we have around.
It's not a legal thing. It's because everyone is always hung over the from the ski village from the night before and a loud exhaust just isn't worth the pain it causes.

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Yes, true. It's only 5ft total run. The channels in the cooler are pretty small. Setrab applications guy thought even 10AN was plenty.

Exactly. The bends to go under sway bar etc are tricky. Space is very tight right around the sandwich plate.

Plus the new billet plate has the two ports too close for 12AN. And that's another reason to choose Setrab 18mm/10AN 90 elbows bc it's more compact.
-12an on the cast setrab plate is tight but fits. And at least with coilovers my -12 lines fit under the sway bar (sitting on the subframe) without being pinched.

Ford performance recommends -12.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
-12an on the cast setrab plate is tight but fits. And at least with coilovers my -12 lines fit under the sway bar (sitting on the subframe) without being pinched.

Ford performance recommends -12.
Yeah I know. It's my setup too. I would just step down to -10AN and the new plate if I did it over again. Would make the whole install go easier.

My cht remains steady at 228F.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Apologies since this has likely been done to death. I've read some threads and I think I know the answers to these, but just wanted to double check:

Is there a passive rear diff cooling option? I've researched this a decent amount, and I am 90% sure the answer is no. I'd be ok using the GT350 rear ducting / lock out plate but I don't think the GT350 diff cooler fits a regular GT. I feel like just changing to heavier fluid would likely be enough for me for some time, but if a passive product exists (that works with the GT350 valance / closeout panel) I'd be interested.

Is there a passive transmission cooling option for the MT82? I don't care if I have to remove fog lights or bumper swap. I see the GT350 and Mach 1 having one and it makes me think it's something needed for track use. If I'm overthinking it, I'm fine being called out on that also.

The Morimoto Ultimate kit is a little pricey, but seems like a safe way to get a rad / oil cooling upgrade on a non-PP car.

Brakes and associated cooling have tons of options -- not worried about that.
I designed a diff cooler that does not have a fan on the cooler, and uses a small pump, small lines, and simple wiring with thermal switch (and no 5-wire relay).

My Diff Cooler Build

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think the biggest mixed bag I've seen from reading is whether the MT82 needs additional cooling or not. It makes me wonder if it runs cooler than the Tremec or MT82 cars just aren't pushed as hard. Steeda's #20 looks like it has a Calimer built MT82.
My car is not set up for track duty, but it is set up for street/strip duty. I rebuilt the MT82-D4 and added an external fluid pump because I saw evidence of what looked like bearings being starved of oil upon teardown with just under 6K miles on the odometer.

I drilled two holes and had two -6AN fittings Tig welded onto the tranny casing. I used a Setrab pump, lines and fittings to complete the system. If I were going to track the car, I would have added a cooler with fans.

See photos in post #82, #158, #161, #193, #194, #197, #198, #219 and s#222.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mt82-d4-rebuild-thread.176240/page-6
Sponsored