Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like it should have a honeycomb piece to go over the hole just to hide it some, or keep out small animals/items. Otherwise looks great.
I'm 3D printing some covers for that exact reason. I'll probably keep them covered for daily use and then remove the covers at the track.
Sponsored

Taylor1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Great write up! I have an 18 and am probably 3 months away from brake ducts. Thank you so much for this!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Great how too. Thanks. Something to note. I used 2" tubing on my Honda S2K and found that it gave enough air flow to keep everything cool. I think if I do this to my Mustang I will try the same.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Ewheels

Great tech for us 2018+ owners, very well done with the actual mod and detailed posts!

So I have some questions:

1) With your setup, what was your total (approx) out of pocket cost all said and done?

2) You mention the “Home Depot aluminum couplers”. In your first pic of Post #29, you have (2) black Spectre pieces in the packages; these are the rubber couplers you have discarded, correct? Do the Home Depot replacements look similar to those?

3) The oval inlets installed into your lower front bumper grille, are those the Vorshlag pieces from their expensive brake duct kit, or did you make your own?

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
@Ewheels

Great tech for us 2018+ owners, very well done with the actual mod and detailed posts!

So I have some questions:

1) With your setup, what was your total (approx) out of pocket cost all said and done?

2) You mention the “Home Depot aluminum couplers”. In your first pic of Post #29, you have (2) black Spectre pieces in the packages; these are the rubber couplers you have discarded, correct? Do the Home Depot replacements look similar to those?

3) The oval inlets installed into your lower front bumper grille, are those the Vorshlag pieces from their expensive brake duct kit, or did you make your own?
1) Vorshlag brake duct inlets: $169
Vorshlag 4" ducting: $80
FTBR backing plates: $159
Mishimoto 3" ducting: $90
4" to 3" coupler: $6 x2 ($12 total)

2) I used the Spectre rubber couplers first but they did not work too well. As you tighten down the hose clamps around them, they simply squish and do not retain their shape well enough to create a stable system. The Home Depot couplers look cone shaped, simple aluminum. You can use anything with the correct diameters and a rigid structure.

3) Yes, the bumper inlets are from Vorshlag. I bought their 4" backing plates as well and by the time I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to use them, I was passed their 30 day return policy. So I still have those just sitting in my garage.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, let me know!