Sponsored

Clear bra, ceramic coat & window tint

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
It gives you the ceramic benefits, like glossy shine, element protection, like acid rain or bird shit, anti fading, easy of washing, and everything to like about ceramic, but still let’s the film self heal.
Is that different than the self correcting film?
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Is that different than the self correcting film?
I was talking about the ceramic coating itself. The film has self healing and the ceramic will still allow the self healing to work.

I believe Opticoat dries too hard and would hinder the self healing.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
I was talking about the ceramic coating itself. The film has self healing and the ceramic will still allow the self healing to work.

I believe Opticoat dries too hard and would hinder the self healing.

Concur and that is why I did not do ceramic over my new Xpel. Didn't know Xpel made a ceramic product. Maybe new? So far been fine without it. On the Suntek I did Cquartz finest over it and according to the installer it would not affect the self healing property of the film.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Mine was just done with XPEL ultimate full front end, Ceramic Pro on entire car including glass, wheels, exhaust and rotors and had them put the ceramic tint on as well. They did separate pieces on the stripes and they look really good. They did a great job all around and had a new Huracan and a few of the Rolls Royce and Bentley SUV’s they were doing at the same time that I got to look at. My final bill was $4200. Luckily, they said there was only one small scratch on the rear window that was the only body defect they found from delivery/the factory.

Sponsored

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
Wow! That’s an impressive looking ride. One day I’d like to have one. For now I’ll just be poor w my GT.

Thanks for sharing!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The more I see what others paid has made it real apparent how much he hooked me up and I owe him and his wife several dinners as thank you’s. My bill when I get it back first part of the week is 1300 for full front end, fenders, full roof, a pillars, lower doors, most of the quarters, door cups, mirrors, hell actually almost the entire car with the exception of the rear deck lid and spoiler. Included Xpel’s ceramic tint as well. He does a lot of exotics and everything is cut with a plotter. He really avoids hand scoring if he can. I really owe him. Lol

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Cost on mine was $6k
But I had A LOT done
1- peel Ford stripes
2- full paint correction
3-new stripes
4- PPF gold pkg ( hood, bumpers, rockers, roof
5-Ceramic coat everything, including interior CF
6- 360 ceramic tint 70% windshield, 20% all around

Ceramic is curing now, should have pics in a few days

iR8Snake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Goose did I let the cat out of the bag on your msrp deal. I see this morning your other thread is now deleted. Interesting...

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Goose did I let the cat out of the bag on your msrp deal. I see this morning your other thread is now deleted. Interesting...
I have no idea why it was deleted. Maybe it was requested by the “seeking MSRP deal” OP.

You didn’t let anything out of the bag. I have a buyer for my base model that I got at MSRP and I submitted an order for a CFTP car (not at MSRP).

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Cost on mine was $6k
But I had A LOT done
1- peel Ford stripes
2- full paint correction
3-new stripes
4- PPF gold pkg ( hood, bumpers, rockers, roof
5-Ceramic coat everything, including interior CF
6- 360 ceramic tint 70% windshield, 20% all around

Ceramic is curing now, should have pics in a few days
Same cost as mine only difference is I got full PPF entire car. I also got my strips redone too my car is getting done now so should have her back in a week or so

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Same cost as mine only difference is I got full PPF entire car. I also got my strips redone too my car is getting done now so should have her back in a week or so
Im actually not a fan of ppf for aesthetics, and it took them a bit of convincing for me to get it. I see its value but they had to really do number to prove it wont change the color or glassy finish.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have no idea why it was deleted. Maybe it was requested by the “seeking MSRP deal” OP.

You didn’t let anything out of the bag. I have a buyer for my base model that I got at MSRP and I submitted an order for a CFTP car (not at MSRP).
Yes, that was me. That thread was intended to help a fellow enthusiast who is unable to obtain his own car in his own country. The thread was not intended to sell your MSRP car that included a real high price for the extras and passing along sales tax and all the other items.

I wasn't going to go there, but since you brought it up.....

Best of luck with your MSRP deal.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Yes, that was me. That thread was intended to help a fellow enthusiast who is unable to obtain his own car in his own country. The thread was not intended to sell your MSRP car that included a real high price for the extras and passing along sales tax and all the other items.

I wasn't going to go there, but since you brought it up.....

Best of luck with your MSRP deal.
Whatever works for you...

You had a thread sneaking a car. I had a car I was selling. That’s why I gave you the info. It’s a moot point anyway. I have a sale.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Whatever works for you...

You had a thread sneaking a car. I had a car I was selling. That’s why I gave you the info. It’s a moot point anyway. I have a sale.
Congratulations on your sale. Does your buyer know that he is paying about a 5k ADM for a used car? In the short term my thread was up, two true enthusiasts provided leads for brand new 500s with a 5k adm. Another lead for 1k (which sold immediately).

Sneaking a car? Lol. A friend who lives in NZ, who has a super snake wanted one of these..... not to flip like you, but to have from an enthusiasts perspective.

So let's do a little math on the MSRP car that you are passing along.... About an 80k car has a tax of about 5k. Which essentially means you are charging a 5k markup on to your buyer.

Your paid over 5K for a partial xpel and ceramic? Really? I do full expel on my Rs for 5k.

I can see how a high 70s or low 80s car adds up to almost 95k.

Say it ain't so, Joe.

You showed up in my thread trying to pawn off a car as a MSRP deal when in fact it's a 5k markup (for a used car) on top of the inflated extras price. I'm done here. I never intended to do to your thread like you did to mine. However, You brought me up in this thread. I responded. How about I leave your thread alone, like you should have left mine alone? Deal?

Oh, and thanks for passing along your "deal".
Sponsored