Do you plan to Ceramic Coat your new GT500?

Discussion in 'Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by Bangarang, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Do you plan to Ceramic Coat your new GT500?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes

75.9%
  2. No

10.3%
  3. Still Debating it

13.8%
  1. Schwerin

Schwerin Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang BULLITT
    0   0   0
    Xpel says themselves its no maintenance. There is a spray they occasionally recommend, but that's also if there is no ceramic on top. its just Spray on then wipe off. If 5-10 minutes of work is "full detail level" of work for you. I don't know what to say.

2. JR369

JR369 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT350R
    0   0   0
    I've lived with a full ceramic coat on my R for a year now. She still looks new, wet and mirror. Washing and detailing much easier as well. The hard shell does a great job at repelling pebbles that have been thrown straight at it on the road. Some have been very cringe worthy when viewing in the cockpit. I get out and inspect it to see that there's "nothing to see here". However, if you're follow a rock truck then you'll win stupid prizes. If I were to get a GT500, which is a possibility in a year or two, I'd have it paint corrected and ceramic coated asap and that's all. Drive on.

3. protraxduner

protraxduner Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    1986 saleen mustang
    0   0   0
    Ceramic for me, entertained PPF on the nose but honestly it won't see a ton miles or any real track duty. No doubt PPF will provide the better protection from debris, but the Optics and shine from Ceramic is just better than PPF.

1stMustang-GT500 likes this.