Sponsored

Do you plan to Ceramic Coat your new GT500?

Do you plan to Ceramic Coat your new GT500?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had xpel on my current car, it definitely required special maintenance every few months. There are multiple chemicals and application techniques... basically a full hand detail level of effort.

Then somehow an edge section of the film came loose, getting moisture under it and drawing attention to the entire film on the hood instead of being invisible.
Xpel says themselves its no maintenance. There is a spray they occasionally recommend, but that's also if there is no ceramic on top. its just Spray on then wipe off. If 5-10 minutes of work is "full detail level" of work for you. I don't know what to say.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I've lived with a full ceramic coat on my R for a year now. She still looks new, wet and mirror. Washing and detailing much easier as well. The hard shell does a great job at repelling pebbles that have been thrown straight at it on the road. Some have been very cringe worthy when viewing in the cockpit. I get out and inspect it to see that there's "nothing to see here". However, if you're follow a rock truck then you'll win stupid prizes. If I were to get a GT500, which is a possibility in a year or two, I'd have it paint corrected and ceramic coated asap and that's all. Drive on.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Ceramic for me, entertained PPF on the nose but honestly it won't see a ton miles or any real track duty. No doubt PPF will provide the better protection from debris, but the Optics and shine from Ceramic is just better than PPF.
Sponsored