Looks great

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Look’s really good. I’m curious. Why did they go up to the factory stripes instead of over? My 20 350 is getting Xpel’d currently and ceramic tint. The entire hood and bumper was wrapped over the stripes. I ended up doing the line for the a pillar’s back by the rear roof section. Also did the entire roof. My car is the rapid red with black roof as well. Pictures don’t do the color justice. Beautiful car! I’m hoping to have a 500 first part of next year.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Look’s really good. I’m curious. Why did they go up to the factory stripes instead of over? My 20 350 is getting Xpel’d currently and ceramic tint. The entire hood and bumper was wrapped over the stripes. I ended up doing the line for the a pillar’s back by the rear roof section. Also did the entire roof. My car is the rapid red with black roof as well. Pictures don’t do the color justice. Beautiful car! I’m hoping to have a 500 first part of next year.
We discussed the pros vs. cons of going over the vinyl stripes vs butting up against them. Going over can leave a slight angled air gap under the film. I wasn’t 100% sure how it would look butting up against the stripes, but I’m happy I went this route. They absolutely KILLED it!

Unfortunately I’ll be selling the car though. I unexpectedly stumbled upon a CFTP car with acceptable terms. I’ll hang onto my current car for a bit while the other shakes out, but I’ll end up selling it with less than 500 miles. I got an MSRP deal on this car that I’ll be passing along, but I will be listing it for everything I have into it including the clear bra/ceramic/tint that I just got done.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
We discussed the pros vs. cons of going over the vinyl stripes vs butting up against them. Going over can leave a slight angled air gap under the film. I wasn’t 100% sure how it would look butting up against the stripes, but I’m happy I went this route. They absolutely KILLED it!

Unfortunately I’ll be selling the car though. I unexpectedly stumbled upon a CFTP car with acceptable terms. I’ll hang onto my current car for a bit while the other shakes out, but I’ll end up selling it with less than 500 miles. I got an MSRP deal on this car that I’ll be passing along, but I will be listing it for everything I have into it including the clear bra/ceramic/tint that I just got done.

Sooooooo how much would that be exactly? And ballpark what time frame we talkin here? Asking for a friend......

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Sooooooo how much would that be exactly? And ballpark what time frame we talkin here? Asking for a friend......
The clear bra/ceramic/tint bill was $5355. I am into the car for a total of $94803. As for the time frame, I’ll know more once my CFTP order gets submitted. I’m guessing sometime this spring.

The car is fabulous and flawless.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Thanks for the response. I wonder if that is brand or material specific. When I was checking progress today I was actually looking for what you referenced. I didn’t see any transition issues. I think it has more to do with the mil thickness of the factory stripes and how the installer(my buddy) manipulates the material. Your car looks great.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. I wonder if that is brand or material specific. When I was checking progress today I was actually looking for what you referenced. I didn’t see any transition issues. I think it has more to do with the mil thickness of the factory stripes and how the installer(my buddy) manipulates the material. Your car looks great.
We went with Suntek Ultra, which is the clearest and shiniest of the films. This is the first car I’ve gotten a clear bra and ceramic on. I am blown away with the results!

Sponsored

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
We went with Suntek Ultra, which is the clearest and shiniest of the films. This is the first car I’ve gotten a clear bra and ceramic on. I am blown away with the results!
I had a car with Xpel and with Suntek. Xpel is thicker/more noticeable but I’ve been really disappointed in the Suntek ability to shrug off rock impacts. The paint has been protected but it destroyed the film in two spots and looks awful in the less than 3000 miles I’ve had it on the car. It’s possible I was unlucky but I never had this problem on my Xpel car with a lot more miles.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I had a car with Xpel and with Suntek. Xpel is thicker/more noticeable but I’ve been really disappointed in the Suntek ability to shrug off rock impacts. The paint has been protected but it destroyed the film in two spots and looks awful in the less than 3000 miles I’ve had it on the car. It’s possible I was unlucky but I never had this problem on my Xpel car with a lot more miles.
Xpel is thicker, but Suntek looks better. My 2020 is not a daily driver and I also leave a good gap when following vehicles so I went with the better looking film of the 2. If you are daily driving your 2020 or you are a “tailgater,” I’d recommend the thicker film.

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Where do people usually put XPEL on their car? I have a 2020 and I’ve never done this before on a vehicle. What parts of the car do you do this to?

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Where do people usually put XPEL on their car? I have a 2020 and I’ve never done this before on a vehicle. What parts of the car do you do this to?
Full front (Hood/Bumper/Fenders) - There are packages for partial front end but they usually don’t look good as you can see the lines
Rear impact areas (Behind/In front of rear wheels)
Door cups
A pillar/Partial or Full roof

Those are probably the most common, which the roof being the least common of all of those. You can get any other area done as well if you want.

The decklid cover on Mustangs is something I like doing cause the plastic back there sucks and scratches easily. Loading area near the trunk is common too but not something that isn’t really needed on Mustangs because of how the design is on the trunk.

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Full front (Hood/Bumper/Fenders) - There are packages for partial front end but they usually don’t look good as you can see the lines
Rear impact areas (Behind/In front of rear wheels)
Door cups
A pillar/Partial or Full roof

Those are probably the most common, which the roof being the least common of all of those. You can get any other area done as well if you want.

The decklid cover on Mustangs is something I like doing cause the plastic back there sucks and scratches easily. Loading area near the trunk is common too but not something that isn’t really needed on Mustangs because of how the design is on the trunk.
Does it look weird at all like you can tell some areas are covered and some aren’t?
Sponsored