Sponsored

Check your splitter install

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Nice work Sir!

I am curious what changes have been made to the shifter. I have an original one in its original shipping box still.
Sponsored

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Thanks Tob! My car was missing some of the screws. The LD was unable to find P/n's

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If your putting on a zl1 tow hook, before splitter install would be a good time, just an FYI

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
They shipped two right (passenger) side outer pieces with the new splitter? F*ckin' Ford. Did you try flipping it over? :) Those printed instructions for the non-R install are ugly, too. Like, how do you make sense of the grayscale BLOB next to step 7? It looks like what you might see looking at an amoeba through a microscope.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I wanna hear about the shifter change!

Sponsored

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
For the R model, has any one considered skinning the underside of the splitter as a sacrafical skin since the R models like mine are so low it does not take very much bump or ramp to make underside contact. Maybe 6061 Aluminum about 0.030 thick

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
There is no way I'm trusting the dealer to remove/replace the splitter and belly pan when and if there is a solution to the oil cooler lines. What a shame.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
For the R model, has any one considered skinning the underside of the splitter as a sacrafical skin since the R models like mine are so low it does not take very much bump or ramp to make underside contact. Maybe 6061 Aluminum about 0.030 thick
I use splitter savers from ZL1 addons. They have been very effective so far.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Any idea when he will release the revised shifter? Unlike buying the Shelby late in 2015 I have avoided being an early adopter of the shifter mod and maybe it has paid off!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I am curious what changes have been made to the shifter. I have an original one in its original shipping box still.
Get that shifter on there! I have the original one and it was a big leap beyond what the factory unit had to offer.

Thanks Tob! My car was missing some of the screws. The LD was unable to find P/n's
Good to hear. I wanted to get everything together in one post/thread for easy reference and it looks like it was worth the effort!

If your putting on a zl1 tow hook, before splitter install would be a good time, just an FYI
I'll be taking a look at my own as much as I have studied numerous other brackets/hooks.

They shipped two right (passenger) side outer pieces with the new splitter? F*ckin' Ford. Did you try flipping it over? :) Those printed instructions for the non-R install are ugly, too. Like, how do you make sense of the grayscale BLOB next to step 7? It looks like what you might see looking at an amoeba through a microscope.
Flipping it over actually entered my mind for a nanosecond or so, I can't lie. I think it funny that somebody out there may be getting a box with two LH winglets. As to the printed instructions - c'mon Ford. People are paying a good penny for these. Can't they at least get clear instructions, beyond the video?

I wanna hear about the shifter change!
I discussed with George making a few quick videos to highlight the innards at work as well as the changes he has made to the 2nd run. Suffice it to say that you are going to get a good look shortly. I'm working on that thread now.

Now that isn't a bad idea at all!

I use splitter savers from ZL1 addons. They have been very effective so far.
Good to hear and worthy of consideration.

Any idea when he will release the revised shifter? Unlike buying the Shelby late in 2015 I have avoided being an early adopter of the shifter mod and maybe it has paid off!
Second week of February.

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)