CFTP Wing

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Custom security screws and bolts, only I have the key (not shown the tamper proof screws holding the brackets to the trunk lid). a simple screw driver or saw wont cut it, and if your walking around with a electric jig, your gonna get noticed.

2021-09-24 16.26.45.jpg
2021-09-24 16.26.54.jpg
You are fooling yourself. I don't think people would be walking around with (its called) a Sawzall. It would take all of about 30 seconds to go right through those mounts. Car pulls up, guy jumps out with Sawzall, and is gone in 30 seconds.

Now that is if it is parked on a street somewhere. Parking your car in a place like this, and you would probably find your wheels gone too.......

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 8.50.09 AM.png
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
You are fooling yourself. I don't think people would be walking around with (its called) a Sawzall. It would take all of about 30 seconds to go right through those mounts. Car pulls up, guy jumps out with Sawzall, and is gone in 30 seconds.

Now that is if it is parked on a street somewhere. Parking your car in a place like this, and you would probably find your wheels gone too.......

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 8.50.09 AM.png
Again its not for the determined crook, its for the opportunists

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Again its not for the determined crook, its for the opportunists
Sure, lets just say a Sawzall is a common tool. Any tradesman at any given time usually has one handy.

I think the AC wing is priced just right. If it gets stolen, its $3K, not an OEM 16K price tag. Nobody wants to see that happen. As much as I don't care for AC, I might find one of these wings on my CFTP in case of this eventuality.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Shit guys, I'm sorry. I dumped out the box of scorpions.

I'm not trying to prevent the Italian Job. I'm not trying to prevent someone with a plasma cutter or a grinding wheel or a hacksaw for that matter.

I'm only trying to prevent it so that theft of opportunity is reduced. Crackheads, bored teenagers, dipshits who think it's funny to fcuk with other people's stuff or are jelous (you know the kind who KEY cars).

If someone REALLY wants the damned thing, they're going to take it. Outside of me or a dog confronting them, there's not much ON THE CAR that's going to stop it.

But tamper proof fasteners CAN prevent stupid shit like the guys who want to steal tow hooks and stuff like that. They see the car and in 20 seconds, they're walking away with the clevis end of your tow hook.

A tow hook is a few hundo. A $3k CF wing, I'll spend the $100 in fasteners if it keeps Cooter and Crystal crackhead from lifting my wing and taking it with them. If they go get a cutting torch, well, I've tried (and chances are, them having to go get tools will at least prevent SOME stuff that would otherwise be me pissed standing there wondering if the facility has cameras in the lot).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Shit guys, I'm sorry. I dumped out the box of scorpions.

I'm not trying to prevent the Italian Job. I'm not trying to prevent someone with a plasma cutter or a grinding wheel or a hacksaw for that matter.

I'm only trying to prevent it so that theft of opportunity is reduced. Crackheads, bored teenagers, dipshits who think it's funny to fcuk with other people's stuff or are jelous (you know the kind who KEY cars).

If someone REALLY wants the damned thing, they're going to take it. Outside of me or a dog confronting them, there's not much ON THE CAR that's going to stop it.

But tamper proof fasteners CAN prevent stupid shit like the guys who want to steal tow hooks and stuff like that. They see the car and in 20 seconds, they're walking away with the clevis end of your tow hook.

A tow hook is a few hundo. A $3k CF wing, I'll spend the $100 in fasteners if it keeps Cooter and Crystal crackhead from lifting my wing and taking it with them. If they go get a cutting torch, well, I've tried (and chances are, them having to go get tools will at least prevent SOME stuff that would otherwise be me pissed standing there wondering if the facility has cameras in the lot).
I mean yea, the security fasteners will help to some degree. But anyone who thinks that is a $16k wing will probably have a hard on for it. Those are the simple facts and that is the problem with having nice stuff and letting it out of your sight.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I mean yea, the security fasteners will help to some degree. But anyone who thinks that is a $16k wing will probably have a hard on for it. Those are the simple facts and that is the problem with having nice stuff and letting it out of your sight.
People will steal isht just to steal it. We're not going to stop a deliberate theft. But we can prevent the theft of opportunity from someone who sees it and tries to remove it and if it's difficult, they just continue on.

It's the same for Jeep owners and spare tires on the back, it's the reason all/most auto manufacturers phased out hood ornaments in the 1990's.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I did the same regarding fasteners. First, I drilled the holes for the bolts to the next size as I wanted to increase shear strength. Then I used security nuts and bolts. Multimatic hardware on right.

20210420_192310-X3.jpg

Having worked in industry as a tradesman for nearly three decades, I've acquired a few tools over the years. Cordless sawzall with a fresh blade and I'd be through the uprights in 30 seconds. If you see a guy approaching your CFTP with one he probably isn't planning on finding the owner so he can comment on how nice of a car it is.

Last edited:

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Back to the Lethal Performance Ordering part of this topicā€¦.
Had some dialogue with Matt & Jessica at Lethal yesterday & today. Short version: If you want to get in line with them for the AC wing, have to pay the full price up front. No deposit and pay later, etc. If you want to jump out of line, they will work with you for a refund.
They have placed our orders with AC and the wings will be shipped from AC directly to us when available.
So, your ~$3K is all up front with Lethal with expected delivery in 16-20 weeks (as of today).

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Short version: If you want to get in line with them for the AC wing, have to pay the full price up front. No deposit and pay later, etc. If you want to jump out of line, they will work with you for a refund.
They have placed our orders with AC and the wings will be shipped from AC directly to us when available.
So, your ~$3K is all up front with Lethal with expected delivery in 16-20 weeks (as of today).
Those two bold statements alone would make me worried, have to pay all upfront and wait (Didnt have to pay full when I was waiting with MPR I paid 50%), Thats a pass for me, and the second statement is even more worrisome, there should be nothing to work with, if you want out you should get a refund period, (MPR offered me a complete refund no working out anything). Unless you worded it wrong, those two statements would be a hard pass for me. And there is a good chance that 16-20 wks (5 months) will go even longer, more like 6-8 mos (24-32 wks). But I hope I'm wrong.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Those two bold statements alone would make me worried, have to pay all upfront and wait (Didnt have to pay full when I was waiting with MPR I paid 50%), Thats a pass for me, and the second statement is even more worrisome, there should be nothing to work with, if you want out you should get a refund period, (MPR offered me a complete refund no working out anything). Unless you worded it wrong, those two statements would be a hard pass for me. And there is a good chance that 16-20 wks (5 months) will go even longer, more like 6-8 mos (24-32 wks). But I hope I'm wrong.
I don't blame Lethal for that, that is AC business practices. I can assure you that if AC falls short, they will be tarred and feathered. I'm going to take a chance on this one. If either party falls short, then everything I have been saying all along would be true.

A random order has been placed on my behalf. Lets just see what happens.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I don't blame Lethal for that, that is AC business practices. I can assure you that if AC falls short, they will be tarred and feathered. I'm going to take a chance on this one. If either party falls short, then everything I have been saying all along would be true.

A random order has been placed on my behalf. Lets just see what happens.
What bothers me about this is AC knows A LOT of people have been waiting on this, and not to even have 3-6 made to sell I think is stupid, we all know if its going for 2500+ its being made for far less, so with so many people waiting, it would have been a smarter idea to make 3-6, its not like no one would snatch it up at the price point they have it at, but instead you have to wait 5+ months after announcement. But alas I wish you good luck with your order.

OP
OP
Wilkman96

Wilkman96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
None
What bothers me about this is AC knows A LOT of people have been waiting on this, and not to even have 3-6 made to sell I think is stupid, we all know if its going for 2500+ its being made for far less, so with so many people waiting, it would have been a smarter idea to make 3-6, its not like no one would snatch it up at the price point they have it at, but instead you have to wait 5+ months after announcement. But alas I wish you good luck with your order.
At the mercy of the court. It is what it is.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
The quotes from our message traffic are: ā€œā€¦at any time you no longer wish to wait or would like to cancel we can do so.ā€ and ā€œPlease let us know if you need to make any changes to your order.ā€
Never once said full refund, etc. But to be honest, I feel better with Lethal holding my money than AC. Guess itā€™s the risks we take. So, Iā€™m all in at the moment.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The quotes from our message traffic are: ā€œā€¦at any time you no longer wish to wait or would like to cancel we can do so.ā€ and ā€œPlease let us know if you need to make any changes to your order.ā€
Never once said full refund, etc. But to be honest, I feel better with Lethal holding my money than AC. Guess itā€™s the risks we take. So, Iā€™m all in at the moment.
I say do what makes you happy. The money invested here is a really good deal when you compare the alternative.

I wouldnā€™t worry one bit about Lethal, and personally I wouldnā€™t worry about Anderson either. Both companies have been good to me for many years. Iā€™ve heard the battle cries as well, but in the forum world you mostly only ever hear the bad news. I have a feeling this will work out well.

Originally I was going the AC/MPR route, but ended up with what I got now. Like you, I would also be making payment right now if I didnā€™t have an OEM wing.

I look forward to seeing the end results buddy.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
With supply chain issues, covid, you name it...picking a date when these are ready to ship has got to be a bit of a crapshoot. I hope the "16-20 weeks" has some cushion built in and turns out to be fairly accurate. If not, it is what it is - I agree.

Based on what I see and what AC has said so far I am excited and look forward to seeing these get delivered and being bolted on. Having done it a few times now, I'm also interested in seeing if AC provides either dimensions or a template for hole locations. I went the route of drilling/welding/painting an extra decklid and put my OEM decklid with the swing bolted in place, in storage. You guys might wanna start looking for another one if you wanna leave your factory one untouched.
Sponsored