Sponsored

CFTP Wing

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just know that at times it isn't easy to cross an engineering number to find out the actual part number.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just know that at times it isn't easy to cross an engineering number to find out the actual part number.
It definitely is not easy. That’s a job best left for the Curtis’s and Bryan’s who are at the top of their game.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for the data KB that you provided for the end plates. In the end, I stuck with the GT4 shape simply so to differentiate it from its CFTP brethren.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
None necessary, Tob and I hear ya on the choice. My Mother would tell me, (when a sister-in-law of hers would always copy my Mother's decorating choices...)

"Mimicking is the best kind of compliment," or some such. <smiling>

Had I been in your shoes, I think I would have done the same thing. I love the way yours sits up so high. Like my man Bob Seger said, "..with points on her own, sittin' way up high." <chuckling>

Rock on my friend!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Tob: I forgot to ask, can you even see the airfoil in the RVM? I'm used to the "screen split" now but I still wish it were higher and not blocking the rear view. Yours has to be more better even if you can see some of the wing.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Tob: I forgot to ask, can you even see the airfoil in the RVM? I'm used to the "screen split" now but I still wish it were higher and not blocking the rear view. Yours has to be more better even if you can see some of the wing.
I think he has to go fairly high if you want to see the traffic behind which would then make it be seen close by under the wing, but distance viewing would be hampered is my guess.

KB, Any chance you can take a pic of the rear view mirror so I can see what your talking about? Considering my wing is getting fix since I dropped it off yesterday I kinda want to get ahead of what I'm in for :D

Last edited:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What wing is that? Love it!
It's the wing included on the (as mentioned above) GT4 Mustang.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/GT4/

The airfoil contour was the result of development monies spent on the race version of the Ford GT.

gallery-1448135858-gettyimages-497581992.jpg

IMG_5725-X3.jpg

Multimatic tweaked that airfoil to work on the GT4 Mustang they produce, along with it's own unique uprights.

IMG_5316-X4.jpg

-Scudo%20IMSA%20Road%20Atlanta%20October%202018-XL.jpg

IMG_5686-X4.jpg

i-HjrMQNd-X4.jpg

i-DJR6GFg-X4.jpg

Ford engineers then used the GT4 wing as the basis for the GT500 CFTP wing.

I think he has to go fairly high if you want to see the traffic behind which would then make it be seen close by under the wing, but distance viewing would be hampered is my guess.
Oh, yeah, it is smack dab where I want to look for cops that may be behind me in the distance. I can see fine below it when things are close to me but anything further behind gets blocked. Kind of opposite of the swing/flap.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
KB, Any chance you can take a pic of the rear view mirror
I'll see what I can do after the sun comes up, Mike. Might be a day or two.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Tob: Clearly you have a "vision blocker" as well...sorry about that and I'm not sure which is worse, blocked closer or further back. Neither is desirable.
That’s it!! I’m using my swing trunk lid and spoiler now, lol.

But really, I too am interested to see what they view I am now in for looks like. I’m fully committed at this point, ain’t no turning back now, even though I do have 2 lids & both options….

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Mike: Wonder of wonders, while running an errand in the car yesterday, I REMEMBERED!

Stopped in the middle of the back road to our place and grabbed this shot. Not the greatest but I think it gives you the "look" of "split vision." :-)

1624834718435.png

Coincidentally, since we were talking about flying formation.. I was watching a "History Guy" clip the other day about a B-52 crash back in '94 I think it was. Fairchild AFB, practice the day before an airshow. Tried a 60+ angle of bank turn at five hundred feet and didn't hold altitude. The incompetent PIC lost his life along with four or five of his compadres. A known flat hatting LtCol at the controls with the head Stan guy for the Wing and other "safety observers. "Czar 52" was the callsign.

Imagine being on board this...

1624835033507.png

Sponsored