First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Imagine being on board this...

1624835033507.png

Happy you remember buddy :like:

About the above picture, yah thanks but no thanks. Wow.
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Mike: Wonder of wonders, while running an errand in the car yesterday, I REMEMBERED!

Stopped in the middle of the back road to our place and grabbed this shot. Not the greatest but I think it gives you the "look" of "split vision." :-)

1624834718435.png

Very much appreciate it, yes I have a good sense of what I am in for, so when the cop is right behind me he wont see my head and i wont see anything but the nose of the car, got-ya :D

BTW I see you have a dashboard cover there, why not a darker color?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Mike: Wonder of wonders, while running an errand in the car yesterday, I REMEMBERED!

Stopped in the middle of the back road to our place and grabbed this shot. Not the greatest but I think it gives you the "look" of "split vision." :-)

1624834718435.png

Coincidentally, since we were talking about flying formation.. I was watching a "History Guy" clip the other day about a B-52 crash back in '94 I think it was. Fairchild AFB, practice the day before an airshow. Tried a 60+ angle of bank turn at five hundred feet and didn't hold altitude. The incompetent PIC lost his life along with four or five of his compadres. A known flat hatting LtCol at the controls with the head Stan guy for the Wing and other "safety observers. "Czar 52" was the callsign.

Imagine being on board this...

1624835033507.png

I was stationed at Fairchild shortly after this happened, which was also the same week Dean Melberg shot up the hospital. We used the video to this day to teach crew resource management and help avoid the pitfalls of “air show syndrome” and other fallacies. The PIC was so dangerous no other Copilot would fly with him so the Stan/Eval pilot was the only one who stepped up….it was a mistake he never lived to regret.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Damn that looks a lot better !

Can’t seem to find them on the web to buy . Do you just have to call Multimatic ?

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. They don't sell to the public. Have any friends that race in World Challenge?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scroll up...

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Scroll up...
Tob I have 1 question and 1 request:

? 1) What is the height of the support brackets from base to the wing mounting hole?
R 1) Any chance you can take a pic through the rearview mirror so I can see what your seeing?

The reason I asked for the later is because the Carbon Fiber repair shop told me he could probably get my brackets replicated in titanium, which I told him to get me a price on them. So I was thinking if the pricing is reasonable that maybe I'll get a set made to the height of yours, but that depends on what I would see. Trying to see if I can find a happy medium between split screen, nearsighted or farsighted, but either way if it can be made and reasonable I am going to get at least a set at the OEM height.

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
That picture flashed back some bad memories! I was almost killed in that crash (along with my entire class). I was at survival school at the time. We were in the building right next to where it impacted. It was loud! We ran out the opposite side exit... the fire was hot and debris was everywhere. He clipped the power line going into our building. Through pure dumb luck, the impact was right between our classroom building and a weapons storage facility. It was one of those events in life you never forget.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks , I’m not on social media so I guess I’m out of luck. Those mounts are badass for sure .
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cftp-wing-by-mpr-performance.147359/page-5#post-3020955

Tob I have 1 question and 1 request:

? 1) What is the height of the support brackets from base to the wing mounting hole?
R 1) Any chance you can take a pic through the rearview mirror so I can see what your seeing?

The reason I asked for the later is because the Carbon Fiber repair shop told me he could probably get my brackets replicated in titanium, which I told him to get me a price on them. So I was thinking if the pricing is reasonable that maybe I'll get a set made to the height of yours, but that depends on what I would see. Trying to see if I can find a happy medium between split screen, nearsighted or farsighted, but either way if it can be made and reasonable I am going to get at least a set at the OEM height.
Next time I'm in the shop I'll see what I can come up with. That said, I wouldn't waste my time or money on titanium for a simple upright. Not sure if your shop would be modeling the upright from scratch but that isn't too difficult in CAD. But titanium is hard on tooling and offers little advantage in terms of weight or strength in this case. 6061-T6 is the standard material used outside of exotics or composites which really aren't necessary.

Last edited:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Next time I'm in the shop I'll see what I can come up with. That said, I wouldn't waste my time or money on titanium for a simple upright. Not sure if your shop would be modeling the upright from scratch but that isn't too difficult in CAD. But titanium is hard on tooling and offers little advantage in terms of weight or strength in this case. 6061-T6 is the standard material used outside of exotics or composites which really aren't necessary.
Well the brackets now they are going to see about making it, I figured I'd ask them to extend the current bracket design and make them longer as another set, but I guess let me see what they come up with in price for the replica set first I guess.
Sponsored