CFTP Wing by MPR Performance

JG24_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I am satisfied with the quality, as for the resin finish for me the end plates had some waves not too bad that I had my detail guy smooth out before PPF. Brackets are beautiful, gloss black no issues there. Fitment is spot on and I had no issues installing. Some differences I have noticed as compared to an OEM wing are that the holes where the wing mounts to the brackets do not have the metal sleeves so you have to be careful when you tighten down on the inside as the flat washer is up against the carbon fiber as opposed to a metal sleeve like OEM. I purchased some M6 flat rubber washers to remedy this myself.

2BA4A83B-6A74-446F-ADB8-06783786CC88.jpeg

EC3E7BA8-AA47-42D5-85A8-972C3CFE25BB.jpeg

C6F05E18-CAD8-4D11-9343-F16C8A91F26A.jpeg

9472F312-99C7-44D3-BEEE-96672FC9F48F.jpeg

6711EC24-8CD1-4FC0-8076-84E19CEDD12F.jpeg

ABCD45E6-343F-4815-8A12-3E57107621B0.jpeg

12041479-0D4B-459A-B44D-6E6B7F1075F0.jpeg
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I am satisfied with the quality, as for the resin finish for me the end plates had some waves not too bad that I had my detail guy smooth out before PPF. Brackets are beautiful, gloss black no issues there. Fitment is spot on and I had no issues installing. Some differences I have noticed as compared to an OEM wing are that the holes where the wing mounts to the brackets do not have the metal sleeves so you have to be careful when you tighten down on the inside as the flat washer is up against the carbon fiber as opposed to a metal sleeve like OEM. I purchased some M6 flat rubber washers to remedy this myself.

2BA4A83B-6A74-446F-ADB8-06783786CC88.jpeg

EC3E7BA8-AA47-42D5-85A8-972C3CFE25BB.jpeg

C6F05E18-CAD8-4D11-9343-F16C8A91F26A.jpeg

9472F312-99C7-44D3-BEEE-96672FC9F48F.jpeg

6711EC24-8CD1-4FC0-8076-84E19CEDD12F.jpeg

ABCD45E6-343F-4815-8A12-3E57107621B0.jpeg

12041479-0D4B-459A-B44D-6E6B7F1075F0.jpeg
Out of curiosity, is the bottom of the brackets sealed or have some way of sealing against the trunk? The OEM wings have issue with water leakage around the mount holes so most folks cut a silicon template and sandwich in between the base and trunk lid.
Did you consider adding stainless bushings in the mounting holes? If it’s just CF you can widen the hole a bit to fit an M6 bushing in there.
Lastly, how do you align the holes and know where to drill? I’ve heard it’s not difficult but nobody has elaborated on how they did it.

JG24_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I am probably going to do the M6 bushing as you mention just need to make sure I’m dead center. As for the bracket gasket it comes with one that has double sided tape that seals to the trunk. My Detailer washed it prior to PPF and no leaks so far. As for the Install my process was as follows: painters tape in the area the brackets will be mounted, placed wing fully assembled on the trunk and mounted it using the inside screws since they line up perfectly on the base trunk, trace out brackets onto tape, used gaskets to place inside the traced out bracket, marked holes but only the 2 along the outer edge since the inside hole is already there, used a punch to prevent any movement of the drill bit, started pilot holes with 1/8 bit, then went to the 5/16, mount wing. Some slightly larger washers are needed for the stock inside holes as the ones supplied are just barely enough to grab. 2 person job IMO

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I’ve heard it’s not difficult but nobody has elaborated on how they did it.
I think I've explained at least two or three times, with images, how I laid out for the holes in the decklid in different wing related threads on this forum.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I think I've explained at least two or three times, with images, how I laid out for the holes in the decklid in different wing related threads on this forum.
Sorry I definitely missed those or skimmed right by them as I’ve not looked specifically for CFTP wing info until I pre-ordered one recently.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Well, it sucks to do this, but....

Take caution in dealing with FFP - Function Factory Performance. I am in the middle of getting screwed. These guys have shafted me. These guys blatantly lied and misled me and suckered me into an order for the wing.

I have all the email traffic where these guys were telling me the had four in stock, bla bla bla. Tons of good, immediate communication. Order placed. Then the ghosting immediately started. I requested an order update and the responses started getting slower and slower, and I started getting the whole "next week" song and dance. This kept going and going.

After several weeks of "next week" and one final long drawn out (what seemed like total BS excuse), I was now outside my comfort and customer satisfaction zone. So on 2 Dec I cancelled my order. I got a reply on 5 Dec that my order was cancelled and to give it 2-3 business days to process the refund.

That's the last I have heard of them and no refund.

They won't reply to any email address, no FB comment, no FB messenger text, nada. Total ghosted.

The phone number on their site is a total sham and I can't find another one to try.

Anywho...I should have some protection and/or representation since I used PayPal Credit for the purchase (I've had stellar satisfaction with these guys over the years), so we'll see how it goes.

Spread the word, tread lightly, and if anyone knows another way I can contact them, please let me know.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Take caution in dealing with FFP - Function Factory Performance. I am in the middle of getting screwed. These guys have shafted me. These guys blatantly lied and misled me and suckered me into an order for the wing.

I have all the email traffic where these guys were telling me the had four in stock, bla bla bla. Tons of good, immediate communication. Order placed. Then the ghosting immediately started. I requested an order update and the responses started getting slower and slower, and I started getting the whole "next week" song and dance. This kept going and going.

After several weeks of "next week" and one final long drawn out (what seemed like total BS excuse), I was now outside my comfort and customer satisfaction zone. So on 2 Dec I cancelled my order. I got a reply on 5 Dec that my order was cancelled and to give it 2-3 business days to process the refund.

They won't reply to any email address, no FB comment, no FB messenger text, nada. Total ghosted.

The phone number on their site is a total sham and I can't find another one to try.

Anywho...I should have some protection and/or representation since I used PayPal Credit for the purchase (I've had stellar satisfaction with these guys over the years), so we'll see how it goes.

Spread the word, tread lightly, and if anyone knows another way I can contact them, please let me know.
a little off topic but my only interaction with them was being charged something like a 20% cancellation fee for an order that hadnt been produced or shipped yet… 1 day after I ordered it.

I respect their return/cancellation policy but I feel it was unjustified in my case. They ended up losing more money in potential business from me than what they gained.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

I hope you used an american express credit card. Dispute the charge. If you paid with paypal, don't use the paypal dispute option, go directly to american express.

Edit, I re-read your post. Good luck with Paypal. They have done nothing but drag things out and be a pain in the ass. Paypal isn't your friend

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This. I do not buy anything through Paypal that isn’t backed by a credit card.

I hope you used an american express credit card. Dispute the charge. If you paid with paypal, don't use the paypal dispute option, go directly to american express.

Edit, I re-read your post. Good luck with Paypal. They have done nothing but drag things out and be a pain in the ass. Paypal isn't your friend

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I hope this works out for you. I wouldn’t trust Paypal’s customer service with a ten foot pole.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

This was what you had ordered?
https://ffperformance.co/product/ffp-2015-2022-ford-mustang-gt500-carbon-fiber-track-pack-rear-wing/

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes.

And the weird part is @JG24_GT350 had good luck and got his wing from them. So, no clue what fell though here!

And to repeat myself to some of the other responses, like I stated in my original post, I’ve had nothing but success dealing with PayPal. Have been a “small business” account with them for many years and they have always backed me up. 100% satisfaction with that organization, so I remain optimistic they back me up on this one. Sorry you guys have not had similar experience.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes.

And the weird part is @JG24_GT350 had good luck and got his wing from them. So, no clue what fell though here!

And to repeat myself to some of the other responses, like I stated in my original post, I’ve had nothing but success dealing with PayPal. Have been a “small business” account with them for many years and they have always backed me up. 100% satisfaction with that organization, so I remain optimistic they back me up on this one. Sorry you guys have not had similar experience.
As a buyer you will be fine with PayPal. Sellers get hosed by PayPal, no questions asked. In your case, it sounds justifiable. Good luck.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Jon,

Glad you have such a special relationship with paypal. My experience was that I was run through the ringer having to keep retelling my story to the paypal people over an obvious scam from a Chinese outfit. Eventually I got my money back, but it was painful. The next time I had a problem with PayPal, I bypassed the PayPal buyers protection and got my money back with no effort via a CC dispute.

I hope your refund goes well. I, and most, don't have a hassle free eelationship with PayPal.
Sponsored