Sponsored

Ceramic coating and PPF questions

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
indy Clear Bra in Carmel in is the place to go for my friends with ultra dollar sports cars and they've done a GT500 as well. They've done at least 2 Ford GT's i'm aware of. JP
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Meticulous wash, clay bar, surface prep, and now I'm finally able to get to the fun part. Using Adam's ceramic spray coating. I've already spent more time detailing this car more than any other I've ever owned.

IMG_6960-X5.jpg

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Great pic and love Adams products. I've done 6 cars with their 9h coating and 1 with their spray. One recommendation, use the suede type cloth to "burnish" the ceramic followed by one to fully buff it off. Leaving too much on is not fun. Do a panel at a time and triple check. also i like their "UFO" applicator vs. their suede square.

CS3 is also a great product. A buddy of mine recently borrowed some of my CS3 and in trade gave me some of their brilliant glaze. I used it on our 02 Blue Miata (ceramic coated) and it "warmed" the depth of color. will try to post a pic later.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone try the ceramic pro PPF yet? He claims it’s instant healing and does not need heat to heal like the other films on the market

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
indy Clear Bra in Carmel in is the place to go for my friends with ultra dollar sports cars and they've done a GT500 as well. They've done at least 2 Ford GT's i'm aware of. JP
I would second this place. Its 300 miles from Akron. I had my car done there and there was a Ford GT getting full clear bra and 2 GT3 RSs. They also had a GT3 that was shipped from texas that arrived while my car was there. Its the most high end and professional automotive outfit I've seen. I told the owner to be careful on lifting the wipers on my car, and during the wash after the clear bra install the tech scuffed up the new clear bra with the wiper. They removed and replaced the whole hood wrap and called me apologizing that they needed the car an extra day. After the power tour my rear fender wrap didn't adhere well in the wheel well and started to get dirt under it and lift. They replaced it with no charge.

Sponsored

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Thank you every one for your replies.

Looks like I will go with ceramic over PPF.
To get the work done right, I don’t mind traveling.

Can’t find any great reviews in Cleveland.
Not sure if Columbus has any choice places to get this work done.

Any thoughts?

I'm a little late to the party here. But, Esoteric in Columbus/New Albany Ohio is amazing. They do tons of high end cars in the area. I have had a number of previous vehicles done there. Guess which one is mine.
20190319_125254.jpg

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Anyone try the ceramic pro PPF yet? He claims it’s instant healing and does not need heat to heal like the other films on the market
I just had half front done on my car the film is called “Kavaca” and had the car, glass, plastic, wheels and calipers all ceramic coated. Looks great here are some pics.

They also did the side stripes since the detailer I took my car to first removed the side stripes.
93460707-37DD-4F0C-9063-B848F96C6162.jpeg
74C272E9-3BC5-4E3D-9294-67AA906C7BB7.jpeg

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I just had half front done on my car the film is called “Kavaca” and had the car, glass, plastic, wheels and calipers all ceramic coated. Looks great here are some pics.

They also did the side stripes since the detailer I took my car to first removed the side stripes.
93460707-37DD-4F0C-9063-B848F96C6162.jpeg
74C272E9-3BC5-4E3D-9294-67AA906C7BB7.jpeg
That looks great!

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Anyone know a reputable ceramic coat installer in the Cleveland / Akron area of Ohio?

More general question: Is ceramic coating worth it? I won’t track the car much. Strip occasionally. Mostly cruise..
Hello, I highly recommend the Snake Pit in Columbia Station.

They ceramic coated my car and I cannot describe enough the detail and care they put into their work. It is truly a great shop. Clint will make your car look unbelievable.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Snake-Pit-189294695317643/

I think it's 100% worth it - my car looks shiny and clean from 5 feet away even when I haven't washed it for two weeks. When you do wash it it's so easy, and I use a leaf blower to dry. The water/soap/dirt just wicks off the entire car, making it even easier to clean with less worry of scratches from sponges and towels.

But above all else your car looks better than it can with it's natural paint, the ceramic enhances your color and shine.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I know Clint. A tradesman for decades and highly skilled with these particular cars. If it comes out of his shop, it's as close to perfect as it gets.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I know Clint. A tradesman for decades and highly skilled with these particular cars. If it comes out of his shop, it's as close to perfect as it gets.
i definitely feel special having him work on my Mustang. The job he does really is incredible.