FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have harbor freight going on 3 years, Daytona one. hasn't let me down, they have coupons for like 20% off and stuff too mailed out monthly to me.

Id go harbor freight over that auto zone one everyday.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/jacks-jack-stands/floor-jacks.html

edit I own this one.

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...minum-rapid-pump-racing-floor-jack-64543.html

my friend uses the 3 ton harbor freight Daytona though, its a monster (all steel) not aluminum. but he's a heavy duty mechanic, he works on trucks, suvs, cars, every weekend to make money on the side. Puts them through hell and works perfectly. he's had them for YEARS

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yes, you'll want either a slotted puck or jacking rails.
You can make a makeshift puck by slotting a piece of 2x4.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Get jacking rails, I jack my car up every other week multiple times, they are nice to have. BMR is what I chose. The jack I have, has a rubber disk on the jack spot, you dont need that pinch weld protector honestly. waste of time trying to line it up. put anywhere on the Jack rails, jack up, put down your jack stands.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Never go cheap on safety equipment especially on tools you’re bound to use a lot.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I jack my car up every other week multiple times,
I've seen pictures of your very organized garage FULL of tools. Surprised you don't have quick jacks. I'll thinking about getting them even if I won't use them quite so often! LOL!!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen pictures of your very organized garage FULL of tools. Surprised you don't have quick jacks. I'll thinking about getting them even if I won't use them quite so often! LOL!!
Imo- quick jacks take up room that I dont feel like giving up. I dont also want to drag them over my floor. Id rather just jack a wheel up do my work and drop her down. Quick jacks are cool and all, but they still take up a lot of room stored.

My gf's dad has a brand new set of quick jacks in boxes, and offered me them, I just said nah. I like my manual labor. lol but I have access to full lifts, 20 mins from my house military base has like 20 lifts and I can use them for 6 an hour with all tools included. so really dont have a real need for quick jack,

they are cool though.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I have harbor freight going on 3 years, Daytona one. hasn't let me down,
I couldn't help but laugh at this delicious pun!

That being said, i use the harbor freight 1.5 ton 'racing jack' for my own Mustang. Ive had it for 5 years and it's also never 'let me down'.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I couldn't help but laugh at this delicious pun!

That being said, i use the harbor freight 1.5 ton 'racing jack' for my own Mustang. Ive had it for 5 years and it's also never 'let me down'.
I have that one too, I've beaten the ever loving hell out of it for probably 5 years now. Harbor Freight doesn't sell it anymore, however. It was too good I guess.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I read this somewhere and it sounds reasonable. You could skimp a little on the price of the floor jack, but NEVER skimp on the jack stands.
Sponsored