Jack / Jack Stands ?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They will fit under the Mustang.. If you lowered the car, you may just have to drive up on a 2x12 or two.

Keep in mind, the EXT Model is too long for the Mustang, however you can order the SLX and order the EXT Adapter plate of you need the extra length for another vehicle
ok, I was thinking of the 7000SLX which is 1" longer at 71" long and 1/2" higher as compared to the 5000SLX.
Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
ok, I was thinking of the 7000SLX which is 1" longer at 71" long and 1/2" higher as compared to the 5000SLX.
I have the 7000SLX and they fit under my car no problem even with the caster set I have on them even raises the height slightly more. My car is lowered on BMR SP083 springs which lower the car about 7/8" in the front and 3/4" in the rear.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have the 7000SLX and they fit under my car no problem even with the caster set I have on them even raises the height slightly more. My car is lowered on BMR SP083 springs which lower the car about 7/8" in the front and 3/4" in the rear.
thank you for the full details. That would also mean that the 7000SLX would fit under my PP2 which is 1/2" lower than a stock GT. Since you are getting it to fit under an even lower drop, I will have no problem.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious have a PP2, originally was going to order the 7000.

After putting a tape measure between the wheels. And knowing the jack was for the Mustang specifically.

Dropped back and got the 5000. Reason allows more room between the wheels, to center the car.

The jack end to end is longer when collapsed .

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
what is the costco sale price? I don't have a membership but my dad does. Their website is showing $1,399 for 5,000 LB SLX bundle. Is that the sale price or the normal price?

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
what is the costco sale price? I don't have a membership but my dad does. Their website is showing $1,399 for 5,000 LB SLX bundle. Is that the sale price or the normal price?
Roughly 1000. Maybe 1049 for 5000 model.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Check the MJ web site ?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
When you raise the car on a Quick Jack, does the car get raised and go backwards a little or does it go straight up? How much back does it go?

trying to see if my small garage will be able to work or not.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dose not go straight up, car moves less than a foot.
IMG_0161.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
When you raise the car on a Quick Jack, does the car get raised and go backwards a little or does it go straight up? How much back does it go?

trying to see if my small garage will be able to work or not.
It moves. The direction depends on which way you have the Quickjack pointed. You have to leave room behind or in front if there are obstacles (such as a garage door).

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer ramps. Always nervous getting under one sitting on stands. Here's my Ram sitting on some homemade ramps:

New Lift 05.JPG

New Lift 08 A.jpg

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone want to chime in with Jack / Jack Stand recommendations? I had to sell mine a couple of moves ago - and now it’s time to rebuy. I’m planning on going with 4 jack stands - ramps have never been all that natural to me (but I’m interested if you have a strong preference on that too).

Thanks!
Get Esco they are the best and jack rail I've been using Pittsburgh from harbor freight low profile perfect for sports car for the money
good luck

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just curious have a PP2, originally was going to order the 7000.

After putting a tape measure between the wheels. And knowing the jack was for the Mustang specifically.

Dropped back and got the 5000. Reason allows more room between the wheels, to center the car.

The jack end to end is longer when collapsed .
The 5000SLX is 70" collapsed according to their website and the 7000SLX is 71".

https://www.quickjack.com/compare/

In a video measuring a S550 Mustang, it has 80" (minus between the wheels. That is not at ground level but at some height off the ground.

https://www.quickjack.com/support/measuring-guide/

From this video, they are measuring a '15-'17 Mustang (I would guess a Ecoboost). See the front fog lights is the give away for me.

Tire spread measured 82" at 3" above ground. They then recommend subtracting 2" for wiggle room for a tire spread of 80"

Max lift point width: 54"
Min lifting point width: 49"

Clearance: 6.75"

Of course, this is a stock car. Mods and packages could change from this slightly. PP2 with smaller diameter wheels (stock: 305/30R19 are 26.2" diameter and are smaller than a PP1 setup - Fr:27", Rr:27.75") will have more tire spread than say a PP1 and possibly a base GT. I would measure just in case.

I do not see either as a problem. For that matter, the 5000EXT and 7000EXt also would fit since they require a spread greater than or equal to 76" and have a lifting point range of 37.5" to 66" which has the Mustang between these as well. Of course if you plan on using the QuickJack for other smaller cars, this EXT editions could be a problem. What I find interesting is that the EXT versions do not gain you much more height (21" vs 21.5") so there is little benefit unless you have or plan to have a car which requires a spread greater than 60" on the lifting points. Then again, you can buy the extender for the top to get the full width on a SLX version.

They are also low enough for their sample car but I would recommend everyone check their own ground clearance. I thought the ground clearance of the Mustang was 5.75" but that might be for the lowest part underneath, not the outer frame. Also, my GT PP2 has the 305/30R19 which makes the car an extra 1/2" lower putting it about 5.25" off the ground. I can just barely stand my iPhone 12 under the edge.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
OK, if we are at $1200 - $1500 for a quick jack, why not see what the next level brings.

For $2000 - $2200 you can get a car up to 39" off the ground with this.
https://www.toolots.com/mid-rise-sc...i1yda7LL_rynHOw4wDVQCvgjB3vPqkJxoChz4QAvD_BwE

this one need 110mm or 4 1/3" minimum ground clearance. The cheaper one needs 140mm or just over ~5.5" minimum ground clearance. These can support 6600 lbs and looks to be a buy once leave it to the grandkids kind of durability. Also, it has many locking positions, not just two like the QuickJack.

Less portable but looks interesting. Could just leave it on the garage floor and would be really good to set the car up for winter storage. No need to slide it around. It has built in ramps.

When it comes to the Quick Jack, other than the ease of use, what stops someone from just using a jacking bar and a set of stands and jack? It basically gets you to the same height as a good set of stands. What am I missing? I am all gung ho to get one but not completely sure it is all that much more.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man there is a lot going on there;

Is this the basic question or is it 5000/7000?

"When it comes to the Quick Jack, other than the ease of use, what stops someone from just using a jacking bar and a set of stands and jack? It basically gets you to the same height as a good set of stands. What am I missing? I am all gung ho to get one but not completely sure it is all that much more."
Sponsored