image.jpeg

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well this is awkward lol! I'll have to email Bob's and let him know as the hoses were already installed prior to shipping. Luckily I haven't driven the car since I installed it lol.
Apparently, Bobs has some QC problems as I had ordered the same ultimate as you and what I received was only the can. I called and told them about it and they quickly send me the hoses and apologized about the mix up. When I received the hoses they lacked the heat shrink for the hose ends going to the OEM fittings. I called them today and they are sending the heat shrinks to me!

Just a bit frustrating, but the can is top notch.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Joe, from my picture above, can you tell me if I have the perforated diffuser shield or the solid one? Thanks.

Wayne
Perforated, we are having the solid ones developed as we speak. As soon as they are ready I will let you know.

Joe
Does anyone have a photo of the newer UPR catch-can guts showing these new solid diffuser shields? From what I'm reading here from UPRjoe, it sounds like a design change that makes the UPR can more efficient at catching oil?

I bought my UPR catch-can (model 5030-98-1) back in April 2015, so I'm assuming it has the perforated shields.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
My Bob's catch can came with the hoses and directions for a 2011-2014. So yes quality control is certainly lacking.

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Email from Steve@Bob's

Hi Trevor,

Yes, those hoses are reverse, very sorry that can was shipped with them reversed. You can swap with an adjustable wrench if you don't have AN wrenches. Wrap the wrench with some masking tape, and you don't have to 'go crazy' tightening them.

If you have any questions call me tomorrow when we're open 813-992-9182

Thanks,
Steve
Nothing a quick reverse can't fix. Now she's corrected lol.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Does anyone have a photo of the newer UPR catch-can guts showing these new solid diffuser shields? From what I'm reading here from UPRjoe, it sounds like a design change that makes the UPR can more efficient at catching oil?

I bought my UPR catch-can (model 5030-98-1) back in April 2015, so I'm assuming it has the perforated shields.
I'm not sure if he ever made the solid diffuser shields for sale. I have not seen any pictures of them and I think they still show the exploded pictures on their website with the perforated ones.

I emailed them to ask about the solid shields but never got a response. I guess I should call since that seems to be the best way to get to talk to someone.

Wayne

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if he ever made the solid diffuser shields for sale. I have not seen any pictures of them and I think they still show the exploded pictures on their website with the perforated ones.

I emailed them to ask about the solid shields but never got a response. I guess I should call since that seems to be the best way to get to talk to someone.

Wayne
Thanks for the info ... please post here with any undated info you get. Maybe they dropped the solid diffuser shield design for some reason.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Thanks for the update.

Wayne

Sponsored

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Where can I get one all black and black hosing? Any deals for the forum members?

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Has anyone had any problems with getting kinks/bending in their braided hoses? Pics are attached to show what I'm talking about. Do you guys think this is substantial enough to impact the functionality of the can or no?

The first pic is my main concern.
IMG_2400.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ That hose needs to be a little longer so it doesn't get kinks. Can you rotate the can so the fitting is pointing more towards the engine? That might help get rid of the kinks.

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Does anyone know if the Bob's kit for a 2013 Gt will work on a 2016? I have one on my '13 and I'm selling that car, and thinking of transferring the catch can kit over to my '16.

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
^^^ That hose needs to be a little longer so it doesn't get kinks. Can you rotate the can so the fitting is pointing more towards the engine? That might help get rid of the kinks.
I was thinking that it probably needed to be a little longer as well. Unfortunately, thats the length it came, as I didn't trim it. I tried moving the can around to get the kink out, but it didn't help.
Sponsored