BMR Jacking rails vs Steeda jacking rails

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Exactly what is found about some jacking rails to make the choice so difficult. Color, sure is not how they work or the warranties.

I bet this forum would have 20 pages of replies. If a thread had been started asking.

"What's the best air to put in my tires"

LMAO

You're not wrong. The whole thread should have been about 5 posts at most. At the end of the day you pick the rear suspension parts you want to buy and then buy the jacking rails from the same company to make sure there isn't any interference and move on with your life.
Sponsored

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
@tj@steeda

Do the full length Steeda jacking rails work with the Steeda IRS Subframe braces? I know the shorter ones do.
Someone replied saying no. I can assure you that yes they do fit. I have them on mine currently

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Someone replied saying no. I can assure you that yes they do fit. I have them on mine currently
Thanks for confirming they fit. I have the full length rails and am looking at getting the subframe braces.

seabee133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush RS3 Twister Orange
Thanks for confirming they fit. I have the full length rails and am looking at getting the subframe braces.
your welcome. I also work here so i have seen many do the same combination. I have had mine on over a year now with no issues. You can have full confidence moving forward knowing they will fit together.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
your welcome. I also work here so i have seen many do the same combination. I have had mine on over a year now with no issues. You can have full confidence moving forward knowing they will fit together.
Thanks! What else would you recommend for mostly daily driving and maybe a few HPDE and/or auto cross outings? Mainly looking to tighten things up a bit. I have a base GT and have added the FP cowl brace, cowl extension piece and strut tower brace. Was also looking at the Steeda light G Trac brace but that looks like it’s more geared to the GT350? If it makes more sense to chat via DM so as not to hijack the thread that’s fine too.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
@wcharon
For a considerations the conditions under which you operate the car play a role.
We have wet winters here and sometimes salt on the roads during frost.

Moisture could be drawn behind hollow profile plastic plugs.
Something like that under the car in my operating conditions? No, just leave it.

If BRM is still a fully close-welded hollow profile, then these are the best for me.
They will rust inside out only if the manufacturing process does not fit (this I would rule out).
Even with a bad powder coating that eventually comes off, the profile would have to rust through from the outside to the inside first, so that it can rust from the inside in other spots.

I cannot tell how well the Steeda hollow profile is coated from the inside.
Does not matter for BMR.
Thanks for the tip @Nightmonkey. I live in PR so no real Winter but salty ocean all around.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
seabee33

Great shot Valdosta. :champagne:

FLY NAVY
Peacemakers HEAVY-7

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
You will be very happy with the Steeda units - I'll send you a discount code for consideration:)
I tried today to buy jacking rails and the site locked up when I tried to pay. I'll try tomorrow.
Can you pm me a discount code please?

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I'm late to this party, but looking at earlier posts - some say the BMR parts are made to be parallel to the ground, but I don;'t see that looking at current photos...

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I'm late to this party, but looking at earlier posts - some say the BMR parts are made to be parallel to the ground, but I don;'t see that looking at current photos...
Dion at BMR told me CJR001 are the only ones that mount flat to the ground and I don't think they are available anymore.

Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
The Steeda Jacking rails look short has anyone tried the BMR rails?

Thanks
Jack
My only criticism is they are too short for the Quick Jack. I use the front of the rail for the front portion of the jack but have to use the area inboard of the the pinch weld where the jacking point is indicated

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@wcharon
Have learned from BMR that there is the rail no longer fully welded, they now unfortunately also put plastic plugs in the ends...

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
@wcharon
Have learned from BMR that there is the rail no longer fully welded, they now unfortunately also put plastic plugs in the ends...
Thanks @Nightmonkey for clearing up the doubts.

Still in the fence as i have to give Steeda a call because the shipping is coming up too expensive to ship to PR. Actually, it is more than the cost of the Jacking Rails.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Have you looked on ebay to see if there are any dealers with cheaper shipping?
BMR, for example, only ships with UPS. Shipping oft a pair of rails to Germany with UPS costs four times as much as the rails.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked on ebay to see if there are any dealers with cheaper shipping?
BMR, for example, only ships with UPS. Shipping oft a pair of rails to Germany with UPS costs four times as much as the rails.
Honestly no haven't look that route. Will do that tonight.

I am also considering SUMMIT Racing or Rockauto to see if they work them as i have buy from them and the shipping is not that expensive.
Sponsored