BMR JACKING RAILS JACK POINTS?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I installed the low profile jack rails last week and did my first oil change yesterday.
I have to pull the car out of the garage due to limited space. My driveway has a slight slope to it and when I jacked up the front end of the car, the rear came up as well, pretty scary. I used the most forward position jack point to slip in the jack stands at the furthest forward point possible. Hope that made sense.
Question....Are the jack rails distributing the weight enough to raise the rear as well or is this just a forward weight balance thing?
If I was 20 lbs heavier I donā€™t know if Iā€™d even be able to crawl under the car to change the oil. My jack stands were set on their lowest position.
Maybe point the nose of the car down hill next time ;-)
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Jacking rails are design to lift the front and rear at the same time. It is hard not to, but I haven't had a situation yet where I didn't need both ends off the ground as a matter of convenience.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I installed the low profile jack rails last week and did my first oil change yesterday.
I have to pull the car out of the garage due to limited space. My driveway has a slight slope to it and when I jacked up the front end of the car, the rear came up as well, pretty scary. I used the most forward position jack point to slip in the jack stands at the furthest forward point possible. Hope that made sense.
Question....Are the jack rails distributing the weight enough to raise the rear as well or is this just a forward weight balance thing?
If I was 20 lbs heavier I donā€™t know if Iā€™d even be able to crawl under the car to change the oil. My jack stands were set on their lowest position.
Maybe point the nose of the car down hill next time ;-)
Hey brother, be careful!!! We need you posting here. Lol.

As stated above, the jacking rails easily facilitate being able to Jack one side of the car at a time.

Can you invest in a lift, even if itā€™s the Quick Jack from Costco? Iā€™d rather pay $1k for the added peace of mind rather than tempt fate again.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Next time just take your car to your tire shop.

OP
OP
460Fred

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I appreciate the concern guys. Now youā€™re scaring me.
In all fairness I wasnā€™t feeling uneasy in the least while working under the car. I did the olā€™ bounce the car to see how stable it was, it was rock solid.
Next time I will take off the left front wheel to make access easier.
A close friend of mine told me to get a lift as well, heā€™s a master mechanic at a high end dealership. The problem is Iā€™m still running my business and really donā€™t have the room in the garage. Retirement is right around the corner ;-)

Sponsored

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Place the jack in the middle of the rail. Jacking will lift both front and rear enough to place jack stands in the factory designated position, both front and rear. Do one side at a time. Jack stands under all 4 corners before you get underneath the car. Perfect time to remove all 4 wheels to clean thoroughly, also clean the wheel wells, suspension, frame rail, etc. Living in the desert, the bottom of the car is easy to maintain in showroom condition.
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Place the jack in the middle of the rail. Jacking will lift both front and rear enough to place jack stands in the factory designated position, both front and rear. Do one side at a time. Jack stands under all 4 corners before you get underneath the car. Perfect time to remove all 4 wheels to clean thoroughly, also clean the wheel wells, suspension, frame rail, etc. Living in the desert, the bottom of the car is easy to maintain in showroom condition.
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg
Correct way to do it . :)

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OOrrrrrr...skip all this drama and nonsense and get a QuickJack. Used mine for the first time this week and like anyone else that has one will tell you, you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it sooner. Best. Purchase. Ever. Not bagging on anyone for jacking a car the hard way; I did it my whole life also. Just passing along some well learned knowledge.

And don't drain oil with with the nose pointed down hill. Oil drains aft from the pan. I'm sure it's minor, but depending on the slope, you might leave some towards the front of the pan. But that's just me being anal.
Sponsored