Sponsored

BMR Jacking rails vs Steeda jacking rails

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
3. Install jacking rails using factory 15mm bolts as shown in IMAGE 3 and 4. Start all bolts and then tighten to 41ftlbs once all bolts have been threaded

Thanks!

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t care to have a shorter tube. The balance on the longer tubes have concerned owners, so much so that Steeda @tj@steeda showed a pick with a Mustang sitting on stands under their rails, with two guys sitting in the trunk of the car.

However, if you’re using a the mini-lifts that more and more people are using, the shorter rails may possibly work just fine.
This one you say?

47947240-steeda-chassis-jacking-rails-img_0426-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Just to offer a more budget friendly option & we have gotten a lot of feed back about wanting a shorter chassis jacking rail.

Coupon Code is FS7DF
Good evening BMR! Just checking in, will you guys have a Black Friday sale this year? Thank you.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
First and foremost, happy Thanksgiving! I think you guys have a great product, but I really think overall, BMR has a superior product than you guys. From the welds at the ends vs your (plastic) caps, etc. Again, just my observation of all my research.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
First and foremost, happy Thanksgiving! I think you guys have a great product, but I really think overall, BMR has a superior product than you guys. From the welds at the ends vs your (plastic) caps, etc. Again, just my observation of all my research.
I agree. But good to have competition for any kind of product. I've never heard any Steeda owner say theirs weren't good enough (same for BMR owners).

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I agree. But good to have competition for any kind of product. I've never heard any Steeda owner say theirs weren't good enough (same for BMR owners).
I can attest for Steeda jacking rails... they’re top notch. It just depends on who is willing to spend the dough where.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I can attest for Steeda jacking rails... they’re top notch. It just depends on who is willing to spend the dough where.
Such a true statement. Question for you...is there a reason you chose Steeda over BMR?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Such a true statement. Question for you...is there a reason you chose Steeda over BMR?
Actually, I chose Steeda rails for my 16R because of Steeda’s quality and reputation to care for the product/customer relationship.

For my 20R I have the BMR rails. I haven’t installed them yet but I can say the quality is just as good as the Steedas.

I honestly don’t have a preferred between the two of them but I can say that more than once the Steedas protected the rockers of my 16R and held up well and without any deformation. I’d buy them again in a heartbeat... just wanted to see how the two compares this go-round.

JR007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Actually, I chose Steeda rails for my 16R because of Steeda’s quality and reputation to care for the product/customer relationship.

For my 20R I have the BMR rails. I haven’t installed them yet but I can say the quality is just as good as the Steedas.

I honestly don’t have a preferred between the two of them but I can say that more than once the Steedas protected the rockers of my 16R and held up well and without any deformation. I’d buy them again in a heartbeat... just wanted to see how the two compares this go-round.
I truly appreciate the detailed response!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

I bought both to compare in person. The BMRs are on the car. Of course I never drove the car with the Steeda's on it.

The BMR looked to be better built with better welds. I liked the sealed metal ends. I even liked the finish better. I liked that the BMR mounted flush to the body, adding stiffness. I think Steeda claimed they offset theirs so moisture wouldn't be trapped but it was clear their construction of welding mounting plates on each end of the boxed section meant that the offset was unavoidable. None of that would be a deal breaker but given a choice, it was an easy one. I have no idea about relative customer support and didn't need any. Never heard anyone complain about BMR or Steeda rails being defective so wasn't worried about needing support or concerned about poor support from BMR.

I'm sure if I just ordered Steedas, they would be on my car and I'd be happy.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought both to compare in person. The BMRs are on the car. Of course I never drove the car with the Steeda's on it.

The BMR looked to be better built with better welds. I liked the sealed metal ends. I even liked the finish better. I liked that the BMR mounted flush to the body, adding stiffness. I think Steeda claimed they offset theirs so moisture wouldn't be trapped but it was clear their construction of welding mounting plates on each end of the boxed section meant that the offset was unavoidable. None of that would be a deal breaker but given a choice, it was an easy one. I have no idea about relative customer support and didn't need any. Never heard anyone complain about BMR or Steeda rails being defective so wasn't worried about needing support or concerned about poor support from BMR.

I'm sure if I just ordered Steedas, they would be on my car and I'd be happy.
Great post, and you’re absolutely 100% correct. If I had to go upon looks only I’d have the BMRs. There finish is great. I’ve seen a plenty of women who look great on the outside and suck at performance , so looks alone don’t suffice for my rail needs.

I can certainly 110% attest for the Steeda rails as being a quality and sturdy, purpose built unit. It’s under the car so who’s comparing looks right?

One of the reasons I went with the BMRs this time was because of the red finish, of which I’m concerned about how long that will stay “purdy” but I have no doubt they’ll work just fine.
Sponsored